Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Clangers

Soutar has not played badly so it does seem that JC is looking in the wrong area to make changes. However, we are losing goals and although the defence has been fragile, its possible clangers will provide some more familiarity and therefor stability ? Clutching at straws here!

Soutar's out of his depth. While he's not made any obvious errors, he's conceded at least 4 goals that a better goalkeeper would've saved. The success of the team is more important than Soutar's feelings, and unfortunately for him, Langfield's a better keeper, albeit he's not ideal himself.

IF this is true, it's a fucking appalling decision by Calderwood and shows him up for the arse that he is.

Langfield doesn't want to play for us. Therefore, he shouldn't play for us. I have it on good authority that he's not that far away from losing the dressing room, I don't see how this decision will appease the players.

IF this is true, it's a fucking appalling decision by Calderwood and shows him up for the arse that he is.

Langfield doesn't want to play for us. Therefore, he shouldn't play for us. I have it on good authority that he's not that far away from losing the dressing room, I don't see how this decision will appease the players.

Absofuckinglutely.

Dunno about the losing the dressng room bit, but Langfield can away and shite as far as i'm concerned.

don't be fucking daft.

if clangers is a better keeper, he's still on our books so shoudlplay, regardless of

a) he has fallen out with calderwood or

b) he doesn't want to be there.  If this is hte case, he will play well to attract another team to take him on.  If he plays like shite, no-one will be interested in him.

personally, I don't think there's much between the two keepers, so I would go with the one with more experience and who wants to put himself in the shop window as he'll try harder to get a deal elsewhere.

And all this gash about losing the dressing room?  How can that be if he's introduced dung who is a great laugh in there.

don't be fucking daft.

if clangers is a better keeper, he's still on our books so shoudlplay, regardless of

a) he has fallen out with calderwood or

b) he doesn't want to be there.  If this is hte case, he will play well to attract another team to take him on.  If he plays like shite, no-one will be interested in him.

personally, I don't think there's much between the two keepers, so I would go with the one with more experience and who wants to put himself in the shop window as he'll try harder to get a deal elsewhere.

And all this gash about losing the dressing room?  How can that be if he's introduced dung who is a great laugh in there.

I would say the problem lies more in how things have been done rather than who's the better keeper. But in saying that, Clangers and Soutar is rather like AIDS and Pluracy... I'd rather have neither.

I'm torn about this one.

On the one hand I totally agree with Slim and think that although Soapy hasn't thrown any goals away like clangers occasionally does I don't think he gives any confidence to our defence and does seem very slow in going down for shots. I'm sure if langfield had been in goals we would have lost a couple of clangers but he would have saved 4 of the ones that got past soutar.

Then on the other hand the fact that the cunt doesnae want to play for us and would rather be sitting on the bench (or stand) at ibrox means I see where you guys are coming from. 

Either way if Jamie is back in it shows up JC for being more of an arse than we thought. 

Leaving aside all the "does he want to play for us" stuff (my opinions on that matter being quite clear, and highly unlikely to be taken into account by JC), Soutar hasn't made any obvious cock ups this season, so it would be extremely harsh to drop him. How many times did Langfield make a total arse of an innocuous situation last season? How close was he ever to being dropped? If he were to play tonight, it would reek horribly of favouritism from Jimmy and would be extra harsh on Soutar who, it would be fair to say, hasn't done anything to merit getting shoved to the bench.

Regardless of which goalkeeper you'd rather have in the team, which is something akin to having to decide between burning or drowning, there's a seperate issue here.

JC made a big hoo-hah about Langfield's breach of club discipline, throwing his usual negative soundbites all over the media, all that pish. He insisted that no replacement would be signed and Soutar would be number one this season.

So it sends out a piss poor message if a month or two later you forget such ardent proclamations and let Langfield slink back into the team and basically kick Soutar in his metaphorical bollocks.

If you're going to kick up a big stink about something, make a controversial decision, make an example of someone, you have to have the courage of your convictions and actually stick to it. Otherwise, you damage your authority and make yourself look pathetic.

Having said all that - probably won't happen, it came from the Record after all.

Jagerdeen Vindicated.

Clean Sheet - defence looked good - especially considine.

2 great saves from JL.  Only 2 shots on target from the Neeps!

Only problem wi Langfield was he seemed to kick the baa afie far!

We were very unlucky to come awa withoot a goal the nicht.

We'll go there and win 1-0... in the last minute.

JUTE - Think I saw you on telly in the lower RDS the night!  (Prawn sandwich muchin b4stard!!!)

Nah in the SS last night.

On topic I thought Langfield did ok last night apart for the usual woeful kicking but did not see that he did anything that Souter could not have done. Be interesting to see who is in for Sunday.

Jagerdeen Vindicated.

Clean Sheet - defence looked good - especially considine.

2 great saves from JL.  Only 2 shots on target from the Neeps!

Only problem wi Langfield was he seemed to kick the baa afie far!

We were very unlucky to come awa withoot a goal the nicht.

We'll go there and win 1-0... in the last minute.

JUTE - Think I saw you on telly in the lower RDS the night!  (Prawn sandwich muchin b4stard!!!)

Nah in the SS last night.

On topic I thought Langfield did ok last night apart for the usual woeful kicking but did not see that he did anything that Souter could not have done. Be interesting to see who is in for Sunday.

Greg Kelly ? ;)

In all seriousness though, can't see it being Soapy............ but then again might be one more spin of JC's tombola

• 2 weeks later...