Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Should we punt Craig Brown?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obviously there are some wider issues relating to the slow death of the club under Milne's leadership but christ we're pish.  Bar a couple of decent home wins we're having yet another stinker, and not a huge amount seems to have changed in the last year.

Is it time to act before we are doomed for division 1?  Or, given that some of his signings are decent, stick with Brown to give him the chance to turn it around?  I certainly wouldn't give him any longer than January the way things are going.

I'm not bothering with an option in the poll of "Board to give Brown more money" as it'll never happen.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These kind of polls/posts have been all too famaliar unfortunately. Fuck knows whats best to do. We can't keep on going the way we are or it will be First Division for us but then is changing the manager really going to solve anything? It seems all we have done for the past 3 or 4 years is change managers and that has gotten us nowhere. Or the bottom of the league. Christ knows, we are stinking though and there is something seriously rotten at the core of our club. Not just Milne and the other arses in that boardroom but right doon to the playing side of things. I'm not in the Brown oot catergory yet because all we have done is change managers in recent years but if something doesn't change shortly then we will be plying our trade in the First Division next season. That is a certainty.

Craig Brown, Jimmy McGhee, Steve Miller, it doesn't matter.

The problem lies elsewhere.

Think we all know that but getting anything done about board will take time that we do not have. Need to sort problems on the pitch now or we risk being a first division side.

Think we all know that but getting anything done about board will take time that we do not have. Need to sort problems on the pitch now or we risk being a first division side.

I'll stake money right now, that if we go down, we won't come straight back up.

You need a team with a mixture of skill and battling qualities to do that, and to be honest our current team has neither

I'll stake money right now, that if we go down, we won't come straight back up.

You need a team with a mixture of skill and battling qualities to do that, and to be honest our current team has neither

If we go down, there's more chance of us seeing the Aberdeen by pass than the Dons coming back up to the SPL in my lifetime.  It could be the end of the club.

Someone needs to tell him nobody thinks they deserve to be bottom of the league. He seems to think we'll be fine because we've had chances.

Inverness, St Mirren and all would be thinking the exact same if they were bottom. "We dont deserve it" etc.

SHITE

You can't "sack" Milne anyway. Even a fucking moron understands this much.

Forgetting the old firm, I guarantee that the biggest or second biggest budget in Scottish football given to a half decent monkey is sufficient to work our way up the table sufficiently to avoid relegation, given that there is a whole month before a whole month of transfer opportunities.

The problem lies elsewhere. You don't even know your own club enough to see it.

I didn't say that.

You might as well have.

You can't "sack" Milne anyway. Even a fucking moron understands this much.

No shit Sherlock?

Forgetting the old firm, I guarantee that the biggest or second biggest budget in Scottish football given to a half decent monkey is sufficient to work our way up the table sufficiently to avoid relegation, given that there is a whole month before a whole month of transfer opportunities.

The problem lies elsewhere. You don't even know your own club enough to see it.

So you agree, Brown isn't doing the job he's paid to do.

Problems lie elsewhere, absolutely, but they also lie with the guy setting up the team, and if you can't see that then you know fuck all about the game.  See, I can do those kind of statements too.  wind your neck in for once.

You might as well have.

No shit Sherlock?

What? Why might I "might as well have"? Your misinterpretation of my original post - resulting in an unwarranted "don't be fucking daft" - was based on a premise that is both moronic and unfeasible, which you now agree with and acknowledge? Are you now saying that I've changed my position since your unwarranted attack or is it now dawning on you that you've been just a wee bit quick to look for confrontation rather than seeking clarification to alleviate your confusion?

So you agree, Brown isn't doing the job he's paid to do.

Problems lie elsewhere, absolutely, but they also lie with the guy setting up the team, and if you can't see that then you know fuck all about the game.  See, I can do those kind of statements too.  wind your neck in for once.

Of course Brown is failing in the job. Everyone can see that, even me despite you now fabricating the suggestion of the possibility that I somehow can't. The SPL table attests to this as concrete proof and there are no exceptional or extenuating circumstances that mitigate his responsibility and accountability.

Instead of jumping in and making a tit of yourself next time, try not to attribute words, sentiments or opinions where they don't exist. If you don't understand what others are thinking or suggesting, seek clarification before seeking to create a childish spat online, safe behind your screen that you won't get the slap that your non-adult behaviour merits. Either that or just say sorry, put it down to your period and/or drink and we start again.

back on topic my tuppneybits worth would be that i dont think brown has done anywhere near as well as i would have hoped but at the moment i see no point in shelling out for yet another ex manager compensation package.  I don't think we will get relegated, thats my gut feeling.  All that said if CB decided it wasn't working out and walked i wouldn't be gutted.  Out of interest if we found ourselves looking to hire who would you want?  My choice would be the same as last time, Derek Adams

If/when brown is punted would like to see us go for either Kevin McDonald at Villa or Derek Adams.

Agreed. I was quite surprised that it took Lawrie Sanchez a job. According to his interview on FF yesterday, he was out of work for 3.5 years! Would have preferred we'd have given a guy like him a job than Brown. But hey ho, fingers crossed we don't need to.