Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

x

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see the crowd dropping below 5000. We seem to have a hard core of about 7000 for SPL games on a Sat which will drop a bit for games like this (strange to think 10yrs ago even under Ebbe and Pele I would have said we had a hard core support of c9-10,000, but then I guess it's to be expected)

Record v East Fife:

Played 73 Won 34 Drawn 16 Lost 23 For 153 Against 95 GD

Only played them twice since the early 70s when we were both in the top league.

Season 2010-11

08 Jan 2011 Aberdeen 6 - 0 East Fife Scottish Cup R4 6,918

Season 2008-09

17 Feb 2009 Aberdeen 5 - 0 East Fife Scottish Cup R5 8,960

Last defeat to East Fife was 1965 1st Round Cup Replay at Pittodrie in front of 7000 which was mentioned in the programme on Sat as it prompted a change in Management and the appointment of Eddie Turnbull...but BigAl could tell you more

Team: David Gonzalez, Rory McArdle, Richard Foster, Andrew Considine, Chris Clark, Scott Vernon, Darren Mackie, Kari Arnason, Peter Pawlett, Josh Magennis, Ryan Jack.

Subs: Jason Brown, Rory Fallon, Isaac Osbourne, Mohamed Chalali, Mitch Megginson

East Fife: Ridgers, Durie, Park, Campbell, White, Muir, Linn, Smith, Ogelby, Wallace, Sloan Subs Brown, Hislop, Murdoch, Cook, Dalziel.

Strange that he isn't starting with Fallon and Chalali, would have thought this would be the ideal game for them both to break their duck.  Anyway attack side which will hopefully keep Robo quiet.

I presume we're going:

Gonzalez

Clark McCardle Considine Foster

Pawlett Jack Arnason Magennis

Vernon Mackie

Although I suppose most of the team could be playing in pretty much any position

image.cgi?resolution=640x480&camera=1&compression=25&date=1&clock=1&text=1