Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

x

I'm old enough to remember reconstruction and the introduction of the "premier" league.

I can remember the end of the Turnbull era and all(!) of the Bonthrone era

I still think "Doug" when I hear the name Considine

I still think of Willie as our greatest ever player, nae the idiot helping kill oor club.

I'm also old enough to remember Stenhousemuir  >:( I was there

But we played some real shite in the early and mid 70's

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm old enough to remember reconstruction and the introduction of the "premier" league.

I still think of Willie as our greatest ever player, nae the idiot helping kill oor club.

I was but a nipper but I was the Ochilview too.  :hammer:

I was but a nipper but I was the Ochilview too.  :hammer:

I wasn't a nipper, but thankfully I was ill and had to sell my ticket.  Luckily I was also ill and missed the 5-0 gubbing from St Johnstone in 1990.  At the time, I never thought the club would stoop so low for these things to become common place. Even though the Stenhousemuir game was just after Willie had been sacked and we were having a terrible time of it, it was still regarded as a "freak" result and was massive news.

The St J game was the biggest freak result ever really, considering the team we had at that time and the football they were playing.  If St Johnstone were to pummel us 5-0 these days it would surprise no one.  Fucking dismal state of affairs.

Maybe you guys are not as young as i thought

I remember when it was £4 and £6 to get in most grounds (cheapest seats in fact i remember standing at some games)

Was that the game Goram threw the ball in the net from a Jamie Buchan cross?

No, the game you're thinking of was a couple of years after this one.

This one was a Dodds pen when Shearer was brought down by Ally Maxwell, the second a thumping shot from the edge of the box from Shearer after McCall and Gough fucked it up. If it hadn't been for the net, it'd have blasted a hole in the RDS.

It was our first game after Miller had been sacked, I was livid Aitken escaped the chop.

I still am, actually.

No, the game you're thinking of was a couple of years after this one.

This one was a Dodds pen when Shearer was brought down by Ally Maxwell, the second a thumping shot from the edge of the box from Shearer after McCall and Gough fucked it up. If it hadn't been for the net, it'd have blasted a hole in the RDS.

It was our first game after Miller had been sacked, I was livid Aitken escaped the chop.

I still am, actually.

So much untapped rage in you BB!  I tell ya man you made a cracking sith, Palapatine and Vader would be totally screwed if you used your afc based anger as a path to the dark side  ;)

I recall at the time being really bewildered by all things afc, we were supposed to be good and challenging for the title.  I had only recently got into football as it was something i found myself and had yet to go to game that turned an interest into addiction.  I had no idea of Aitkens background, I was at that rangers game and remember being confused at why folk were singing feed the bear.