Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Chris Clark

Welcome back fella.

Good work rate, reliable enough, played his part in an Aberdeen team that was far superior to the one we saw last season, better than Derek Young.

Hope this isn't the 'Big' signing we were promised however, because Chris Clark won't have me rushing down for a season ticket.

Am I the only one that remembers Chris Clark as a pussy who never won a tackle or managed to cross/pass the ball to one of his team mates?

Rotten player who was only made look good by the fact Jimmy reaplaced him with Stuart Duff.

the good thing with him signing is that we know what we get with him.  I always thought he could have been a really good winger for us but he never really got to where I thought he could be.  Frustrated an awful lot for us and his goalscoring record for an attacking midfielder is horrendous. However, he's far from the worst player and when he played his best and ran at the opposition he'd get people off their seats.

The one thing I am wondering now is if Brown is potentially going to change the system next season.  Seem to have a lot of midfielders. Is he possibly looking at a back three (Consi, McArdle, Mawene) and Clark and Foster as wingbacks?  Milsom, Fyvie and Folly in the middle?

Am I the only one that remembers Chris Clark as a pussy who never won a tackle or managed to cross/pass the ball to one of his team mates?

Rotten player who was only made look good by the fact Jimmy reaplaced him with Stuart Duff.

When tc told me about this happening, I immediately thought of you and your reaction to this :D

the good thing with him signing is that we know what we get with him.  I always thought he could have been a really good winger for us but he never really got to where I thought he could be.  Frustrated an awful lot for us and his goalscoring record for an attacking midfielder is horrendous. However, he's far from the worst player and when he played his best and ran at the opposition he'd get people off their seats.

The one thing I am wondering now is if Brown is potentially going to change the system next season.  Seem to have a lot of midfielders. Is he possibly looking at a back three (Consi, McArdle, Mawene) and Clark and Foster as wingbacks?  Milsom, Fyvie and Folly in the middle?

3-5-2 was Browns favourite set up as Scotland boss. Only problem was it very quickly became a 5-4-1 usually.

Thats him!

How has he done since he fucked off other than being relegated....twice?

I'm away to queue for a new season ticket.

When tc told me about this happening, I immediately thought of you and your reaction to this :D

To be fair, its generally Jutes reaction to everyone. Pretty sure if we signed Messi he'd pull out some stat to suggest it wasn't a great signing, right miserable bastard that guy  :P

To be fair, its generally Jutes reaction to everyone. Pretty sure if we signed Messi he'd pull out some stat to suggest it wasn't a great signing, right miserable bastard that guy  :P

Haha too true, but I knew this one particular signing would pull at a few heart strings :D

On topic though, can't say I'm overly pleased about this at all. I don't buy this, at least we know what we're getting argument though. He wasn't good enough the first time and isn't good enough the second time. Unless he cripples a few more huns :)

Absolute nonsense min.  ::)

I've always rated Clark. Often caused opposition defences problems on the wing as I remember. Pussy? I would have maybe agreed with that up until the day he binned Alan Hutton.  :thumbsup:

Absolute nonsense min.  ::)

I've always rated Clark. Often caused opposition defences problems on the wing as I remember. Pussy? I would have maybe agreed with that up until the day he binned Alan Hutton:thumbsup:

Thats every reason to have him back

On BBC:

Aberdeen have re-signed midfielder Chris Clark following the player's release from Plymouth Argyle.

The Dons beat off competition from Kilmarnock, who had been expected to secure the player in the summer transfer window.

Clark, who left Aberdeen in January 2008, couldn't help the Pilgrims escape relegation to League One last season.

The 30-year-old made 107 appearances for the Devon club, scoring twice.

Clark's move will be a blow to Killie boss Kenny Shiels, who was confident of signing the player, but he decided on a return to his first senior club.

But for his new manager at Pittodrie, Craig Brown, Clark's signing is the fourth at Aberdeen this summer, following Youl Mawene, David Gonzalez and the expected arrival of trialist Isaac Osbourne.

Quite pleased about this signing.

When he played for us, a lot of people didn't rate him and said he wasn't good enough. Then he left, and the saem people moanede about the lack of energy and ability we had in the middle of the park.

One of those players that maybe doesn't seem to do that much - but when he's not there, he's actually quite badly missed.

I remember calling him christina for a large part of his time with us due to his apparent lack of balls.  He was a player that did improve steadily and i thought he was very usefull in his last year, he got a lot more confident and took people on a lot more.  The assault on hutton was the stuff that dreams are made off.  Welcome back chris, i really hope you pick up where you left of or you'll be going back to christina