Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Managers in Scotland

• 4 months later...

Thing is though tlg, its not like they've struggled to find / sign decent players. Id assume he's pretty much got a job for life at caley, even a chance of european football and a trophy this season. Would seem daft to move imo. Its amazing to see how much of a mess hibs are in despite having almost the perfect platform to build from.

I really can't understand that move if it's true.

Butcher is on a good thing at Caley, who knows how well they will do this season, Europe even? In a cup semi. Positive, well run club. Doing well with them has grown his reputation.

Why the hell go to the clusterfuck that is Hibs?

Hibs are a massive team compared to Caley, why wouldn't he want to manage them  ???

I don't want him to go to Hibs as I reckon he would do pretty well there tho Caley would be fucked so there is always a silver lining  ;D

Thing is though tlg, its not like they've struggled to find / sign decent players. Id assume he's pretty much got a job for life at caley, even a chance of european football and a trophy this season. Would seem daft to move imo. Its amazing to see how much of a mess hibs are in despite having almost the perfect platform to build from.

For sure, it's a tough one.  Hebrew is spot on, they are a massive club by comparison but then again so are Barnsley and he turned them down flat.  He has a real affection for the place, is very settled and, as you say, has it all going well at ICT (though I would add the disclaimer that ICT are not as well run as the public perception) so why go?  I wasn't surprised that he dinghied Barnsley, even posted on here that I thought he would.  I suspect that butcher really loves Scottish football, pretty much all his top moments as player (club anyway) and manager came here.  I think the Hibs job may just turn his head a little, he's 54 now too so it may cross his mind that he might not get many such offers again, would I be right in saying he's now the oldest manager in the league come to think of it?

Thing is I cant help but think that Butcher has found his level a wee bit at ICT, if he goes I would find it very interesting to see if he was able to replicate his success.  Malpas would have to go to, from what I hear he is the brains of the outfit and butcher is the motivator. 

from the Inverness Courier

CALEY Thistle have given permission for Hibernian to speak to manager Terry Butcher regarding the vacant managerial position at Easter Road.Inverness, who reacted furiously to claims yesterday that Butcher had already agreed personal terms with the Hibees, issued an official statement confirming the Edinburgh club had asked to talk to Butcher.

That request has been granted with Butcher, who is out of contract at Caley Thistle at the end of the season but had been negotiating a new deal, declaring an interest in speaking to Hibs.

Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron, however, has promised the club will do everything that it can to retain the services of Butcher, who rejected the chance to take over at English Championship side Barnsley last season after holding talks with them as well.

"Terry has been informed of the situation and has expressed an interest in meeting with Hibs officials," said Cameron.

"The club has, with great reluctance, granted him permission to do so. We will, however, continue to do everything possible to ensure that Terry remains our manager.

"Given our current position in the SPFL and the fact that once again we have a cup semi-final to look forward to, it is inevitable that if any managerial positions arise, our manager will be on the wanted list.

"We have a game on Saturday and it’s important that our club’s focus is on taking three points to maintain our challenge at the top of the league.

"As with the Barnsley approach in January, we will be making no further comment until we’re fully aware of the outcome of discussions."

• 2 weeks later...