Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ifil signs for Bristol Rovers

amp

Gets the esteemed accolade of being the worst professional footballer I have ever had the misfortune to witness.

Although Bristol Rovers think Ifil signing is a 'great piece of business' and it is 'excellent news'.  :-\

He was bad but the worst you've ever seen?  There have been worse Dons players in the last 10 years never mind worst of any team.

He was bad but the worst you've ever seen?  There have been worse Dons players in the last 10 years never mind worst of any team.

Mainly down to living in Orkney and being too young to travel on my own, I didn't make it to many games during the years of Skovdahl or Paterson or if I did, I can't really remember much about them. When I came down to Uni and got a season ticket, Calderwood was in charge.

I know there were probably worse players by a mile that have played for AFC, but I never witnessed them with my own eyes.

Anyway, good luck to Ifil. Had nothing against him personally, just a very very bad footballer.

Mainly down to living in Orkney and being too young to travel on my own, I didn't make it to many games during the years of Skovdahl or Paterson or if I did, I can't really remember much about them. When I came down to Uni and got a season ticket, Calderwood was in charge.

I know there were probably worse players by a mile that have played for AFC, but I never witnessed them with my own eyes.

Anyway, good luck to Ifil. Had nothing against him personally, just a very very bad footballer.

You don't realise just how lucky you are...  ;)

Still, he's got to be in our top ten worst players of the decade. How he commanded a regular place in the team I have no idea. I was one of the idiots singing "sign him up" at Hull as well.  :-[

Likewise but to be fair he was fucking immense that day.

Still, he's got to be in our top ten worst players of the decade. How he commanded a regular place in the team I have no idea. I was one of the idiots singing "sign him up" at Hull as well.  :-[

This is probably what makes him stick out more. At least monstrosities such as Dave Bus had their Dons career nipped in the bud, but Ifil was a regular until Broon came in.

My overriding memory of him is when he tried to pick out Vernon at St Mirren Park with a sweeping cross field pass, but instead found the back of the stand immediately to his right from a completely unchallenged position. Mesmeric.

Brian O'Neil.

Had completely forgotten about him. He was poor but still better than Ifil although I suppose we did pay for O'Neil which would count against him. However O'Neil was capable of playing the odd bit of football were as Ifil was just pish.

Winnie and Prunty for me. Ian Robertson was fucking woeful too. To think he can claim to have played in the same defence as Leighton/Snelders, McLeish, Miller and McKimmie...

Prunty for me too. Though dyron daal was pretty woeful. How someone so tall lost so many headers I will never know.