Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Langfield, Considine and Diamond

Three total bottlers who have let us down once again.

The three of them can GTF.

Really pissed off, especially with Langfield at the second and third goal.  He just stood on his line like a rabbit caught in headlights and never came out for the crosses.  Totally inept today.

My view on Clangers is well documented elsewhere, but hey ho here we go again. Today was a brodge too far for me as far as Langfield is concerned and I think he has sealed his own fate today. Very much doubt he'll be with us next season.

As far as comparing him to goalies in the rest of the SPL teams tho, he's pretty much up there . . . wouldn't want us to get rid if we then only replace him with some even less good

:hammer:

As far as comparing him to goalies in the rest of the SPL teams tho, he's pretty much up there . . . wouldn't want us to get rid if we then only replace him with some even less good

:hammer:

We're allowed to sign players from outwith our league.

I have said on these pages for years now that Langfield is a shit keeper and perhaps more pertinently, a bottler.  I actually think he was at fault for the first 3 today (from my vantage point anyway).  Didn't command his area, didn't move his feet (one and two in particular) and didn't communicate with his defence. It was Tynecastle all over again.  He's a joke.

I feel sorry for Considine because I actually think there's a good player in there but that good player isn't a full back nor a wing back.

And as for Diamond....

Brown bottled it as much as these three players. Dont see why Considine is included in this though.

Could have stopped there. Where are the players supposed to find confidence from when their manager sends them out in a formation clearly designed to hold out for penalties.

Stick for Considine is unfair as well as the lad is not a full back.

As was documented by folk around us, what is it with us and conceding 4 in a semi? To me, the same people are responsible throughout these games and its time to get rid. I thought clangers might be getting better again, but the same old problem of bottling it in a semi has risen its ugly head again. The whole team just bottled it.

As was documented by folk around us, what is it with us and conceding 4 in a semi? To me, the same people are responsible throughout these games and its time to get rid. I thought clangers might be getting better again, but the same old problem of bottling it in a semi has risen its ugly head again. The whole team just bottled it.

Through my vodka induced haze last night I said pretty much the same thing. We get near to having a chance of success and we bottle it. It has happened far too many times.

Through my vodka induced haze last night I said pretty much the same thing. We get near to having a chance of success and we bottle it. It has happened far too many times.

Losers mentality and once you have it you have it. We can not afford to let it spread into the promising young players like Jack and Pawlett and we can't let the malaise grab hold of new signings like Vernon and Milsom.

Brown got it wrong yesterday, it happens, unfortunately it was changed a bit too late and Young's idiocy just as we were settling back into 4-4-2 compounded matters. I'm sure Brown will be a big enough man to accept his part in the shambles, but more importantly I hope he takes on board the lessons about the lack of mental strength from certain players because we will go nowhere as long as this is allowed to continue.

Losers mentality and once you have it you have it. We can not afford to let it spread into the promising young players like Jack and Pawlett and we can't let the malaise grab hold of new signings like Vernon and Milsom.

Brown got it wrong yesterday, it happens, unfortunately it was changed a bit too late and Young's idiocy just as we were settling back into 4-4-2 compounded matters. I'm sure Brown will be a big enough man to accept his part in the shambles, but more importantly I hope he takes on board the lessons about the lack of mental strength from certain players because we will go nowhere as long as this is allowed to continue.

Hopefully they can see this. I used to think that they might be able to teach the players to lose that mentality, but I am now of the opinion it is impossible. The regular offenders need to go before as you point out it infects the attitudes of the promising players.

He isn't. He makes sure to say in interview that system was not to blame.

Fucking hell!

An angry Don's support cos we fucked up a semi final: 2 months ago we werena giving a fuck cos we were gonna get relegated.

This is the spirit we need all the time; high expectations and looking for "better" players to replace our weak links.

Sorry if this isna very coherent but I'm full of drugs and on way to hospital with pnumonia. Hopefully I'll be fit for May

Losers mentality and once you have it you have it. We can not afford to let it spread into the promising young players like Jack and Pawlett and we can't let the malaise grab hold of new signings like Vernon and Milsom

The results since Brown & Knox have taken over have helped hide the fact that the common theme in all these embarrasing results is certain players. We've changed managers twice, we've replaced players in key areas. But still we are seeing these freak results. Yes, freak results are freak results. But Aberdeen FC see at least one freak defeat every single season ... whether it be a heavy "stage-fright" defeat at Hampden, or another record loss to team-x, we are seeing them every year. The fitness coaches and Wiggy are the non-playing constants in this. But no SPL team should be down 4-0 to another SPL team within 34 minutes - that's a goal every 8 minutes!! That's a worse leakage rate than in the 9-0 loss earlier this season.

Common factors throughout the years? Diamond, Langfield, Considine and Young. Diamond is long past his best, as is Langfield. Consi and Young will never show their best because they've never had it in them to bring their best out on a consistent basis. If Brown were to take either Consi or Young on a two-week trial period, he'd say no to them at the end.

Time to bin all four.

Langfield can’t offer many saving graces

By Michael Gannon

Published: 31/01/2011

Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield knows the Dons have let down their long-suffering supporters yet again and that it will take an almighty effort to win back their affections.

The Red Army invaded Hampden for the League Cup semi-final against Celtic, with 14,000 optimistic souls helping to swell the attendance to 38,085 – the biggest gate in the last four of the competition since the Old Firm met in 2002.

But a familiar capitulation will lead to recrimination and Langfield is aware they cannot keep subjecting the supporters to such painful humiliation.

The 4-1 scoreline fails to reflect the poverty of the Dons performance in an encounter which was all but over after 10 minutes. By the time the third goal arrived in just 21 minutes, some of the Red Army was on the retreat.

Langfield said: “The minute the third goal went in I knew supporters would start heading for the exits. Then when the penalty went in a lot of them would be fearing the worst. We had to pull together as a group and make sure no more goals went in. But it is a very disappointing day after it promised so much.

“Every man knew what he had to do and what he did wrong.

“There is nothing I can say that the supporters do not feel themselves. We know we have let everybody down.

“We know they follow us in great numbers, so we have to pick up our heads and try to win back their trust. We know it is going to be very hard. I have been here so long I am used to it but we have to go again and try to get them back onside.

“I am working as hard as I possibly can to get this club to finals and winning finals. It has not happened, so we need to build a relationship between us and the supporters again. Hopefully, we can do it in the Scottish Cup.

“This was my first time playing at Hampden and you don’t get a bigger stage. I was grateful to get the opportu-nity but we did not do ourselves justice. We have to try to get back here and, hopefully, send the supporters back up the road happy next time.”

The Dons looked a defeated lot right from the off. The untested 5-4-1 formation was a calculated risk which backfired, causing confusion in the ranks and chasms in the flanks.

The goals were symptomatic, however, not systematic.

Langfield said: “We changed the system but that would be totally looking for excuses. Each player in that dressing-room knows they did not do themselves justice. We just capitulated.”