Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Premiership Midfielder

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nae sure who the player is, but Pa Broon says it's a current Premiership first-team player who WILL be playing in the FA Cup on Saturday, hence why we can't get him in for the semi-final against Celtic. But he's had assurances from the player's manager that he will be on loan with Aberdeen by Tuesday.

Riddles in the dark!

Drinkwater was recalled from Cardiff, by Fergie, as he wisnae playing. Would seem likely.

Fit about McFadden how close is he to a return from injury??

*edit after reading above, surely likely in consideration is McArthur. Only played handful of times, Martinez to bench his normal first picks???

We have to rule out any player that has been on loan this season already as they then can't play for EPL team before going on loan again. Can only play for 2 teams in 1 season.

Unless Brown got it completely wrong and he hasn't played for EPL team.

Incorrect. As a player your registration can only be held by two clubs in a season and that is only held by the club that owns your contract not clubs you are on loan to.

If that's true, how come the Grella to Motherwell loan fell through because he'd already played on loan elsewhere and played for Leeds, his actual club?

If its not true how come James Vaughan played for Derby, Everton and Leicester last season. Last season at Cheltenham we had Matt Thornhill on loan from Forest after he had already played for them and been playing for Brighton on loan.

It happens all the time in the English lower leagues.

*edit Having typed googled what you were on about I found this...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/motherwell/223267-motherwell-may-seek-answers-over-loan-deal-inconsistencies/

So different rules for Scotland then...

Apologies to NorthfieldQuine she is quite correct.

Drinkwater was recalled from Cardiff, by Fergie, as he wisnae playing. Would seem likely.

Fit about McFadden how close is he to a return from injury??

*edit after reading above, surely likely in consideration is McArthur. Only played handful of times, Martinez to bench his normal first picks???

Aye, but Broon said he couldnae sign this mystery player yet as he was due to play in the FA Cup this weekend. Surely the players you've mentioned are fringe-at-best.

Aye, but Broon said he couldnae sign this mystery player yet as he was due to play in the FA Cup this weekend. Surely the players you've mentioned are fringe-at-best.

Early rounds for the prem teams though. May give a few young lads a run out along with fringe players if they are playing lower league teams so as to rest some of their stars. Birmingham may seem a more likely candidate for this as they are playing coventry and also have had a few midweek games recently with their fixture backlog and involvement in the Carling cup.

Are they cup tied if they play in the FA cup though? I always thought the onlt thing that mattered bar european competition is if they had played in a domestic cup.

Early rounds for the prem teams though. May give a few young lads a run out along with fringe players if they are playing lower league teams so as to rest some of their stars. Birmingham may seem a more likely candidate for this as they are playing coventry and also have had a few midweek games recently with their fixture backlog and involvement in the Carling cup.

Are they cup tied if they play in the FA cup though? I always thought the onlt thing that mattered bar european competition is if they had played in a domestic cup.

Of course they're not cup tied. I presume TF was fishing.

Of course they're not cup tied. I presume TF was fishing.

I wasn't sure if he was or not hence I thought I would ask the question as I was under the same impression as baggy89 regarding loans so my grasp of the regulations was not as good as I first thought.

The fact that the player is playing at the weekend but is being punted out on loan says to me that he's not playing regularly but his club also has no intention of selling him on after his loan spell.

So a six month loan deal to get him playing games and get him match fit before being used more regularly next season.

When is Scholes set to retire?

Gibson was certainly being touted as his successor so he'd certainly fit the bill as it would make sense to get competitive games under his belt rather than dropping him straight into his first full season having only played bit parts up until now.

Find out Sunday...

I hope you are taking the piss there mate. Obertan would piss his way through the SPL, ever day of the week.

Agreed. Impressed me as an intelligent player with good technique but has never had too many chances to fully impress at Man Utd.

However, if it is indeed him, I would eat my hat. Can't imagine a player like Obertan would find the prospect of Aberdeen and the SPL a very attractive option.