Olympics 2012

Kowalski

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Smashing. A stadium with no atmosphere in  the Championship.  :wave:

I'd be gutted if I was a West Ham fan. Spurs fans will be delighted.

Spurs were going to knock it down anyway, because it isn't really a good stadium. I agree about the running track argument, the two sports just do not mix very well. What was the old Olympic stadium in Munich like for Atmosphere?

Spurs were going to knock it down anyway, because it isn't really a good stadium. I agree about the running track argument, the two sports just do not mix very well. What was the old Olympic stadium in Munich like for Atmosphere?

Total shite, universally hated.

Why would this effect Leyton Orient, excuse my ignorance?

Total shite, universally hated.

Why would this effect Leyton Orient, excuse my ignorance?

Their stadium is 1 mile from the Olympic ground, and they are actually a reasonably well supported team. I think they are fearful of losing a support, but personally I don't think it will make much of a difference?

Their stadium is 1 mile from the Olympic ground, and they are actually a reasonably well supported team. I think they are fearful of losing a support, but personally I don't think it will make much of a difference?

I think they're maybe fearful of losing potential supporters. Perhaps youngsters will be more swayed by the big (possibly) Premiership side

Football grounds with running tracks round them can seem a bit lacking in atmosphere, do Hammers fans want this move?

Agreed, however I think it seemed the only option as they need to keep the running track IMHO, and without the help of a football team it would turn into a white elephant and only used for major athletics championships.

I'm not sure how popular it is with Hammers fans.

I think they're maybe fearful of losing potential supporters. Perhaps youngsters will be more swayed by the big (possibly) Premiership side

West Ham are also suggesting they will be selling off cheap tickets to schools etc so they can at least give it a good go at filling the stadium (Upton Park only holds 35000)

There are also apparenlty FA and premier league rules about bigger clubs moving into areas with established clubs so whilst the olympic lot have given them the backing they still need consent from the FA etc to move there.

They better not being trying to get Team GB to play fitba at Hampden!

Games at Hampden:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-gb/img/sys/tournament/london2012/oly-football.pdf

25th July: 17:00–21:45 Woman's Preliminaries (2 matches): Tickets £20-£40

26th July: 12:00–16:45 Men's Preliminaries (2 matches): Tickets £20-£40

28th July: 17:00–21:45 Woman's Preliminaries (2 matches): Tickets £20-£40

1st August: 14:30–16:30 Men's Preliminaries (1 match): Tickets £20-£40

3rd August: 12:00–14:00 Woman's Quarter-final: Tickets £50-£20