Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Olympics 2012

Kowalski

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to apply for a few of the football games at st james sports direct stadium, might stick in for some swimming aswell, but not really fussed about that to be honest. 

Also note the way in which they are taking payment for ticket - if you pay by debt, cash will randomly come out of your account, before them actually telling you what tickets you have and how much they cost!

Going to try for evening of 100m final and relays, something at the velodrome, maybe some early rounds of the boxing, show-jumping, and some of the basketball. I figure the fitba wont be that difficult to obtain tickets for closer to the time, and I'd hate to end up at a "Team GenglandB" game.

Is the tennis not an under 23 event too? (I've no idea if it is, just thought it'd make sense if it was as it's a highly paid pro sport etc)

Wasn't Federer Swiss captain, or whatever waving the flag means, at Beijing?

Going to try for evening of 100m final and relays, something at the velodrome, maybe some early rounds of the boxing, show-jumping, and some of the basketball. I figure the fitba wont be that difficult to obtain tickets for closer to the time, and I'd hate to end up at a "Team GenglandB" game.

Wasn't Federer Swiss captain, or whatever waving the flag means, at Beijing?

As I said, i've no idea if it is u23 or not,  i was just guessing.

Don't know if anyone saw it but there's a spoof 6-part documentary about the planning for 2012 on BBC4:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00zhzqw/Twenty_Twelve_Episode_1/

It was quite good and had some laughs.  Next week's episode looks really good (there's a preview at the end of this week's episode).

If you like the style of the Office and The Thick of It then you'll like - it's nowhere near as funny though!

• 4 weeks later...

A few days left till the application date closes. What's everyone gone for?

Not formally put my application in yet, though saved tickets for Basketball, Hockey and Cycling. The cycling is a medal session event so will cost £50  :-\ Hopefully getting some other tickets through work, but will have to hold tight on that one.

I went a little crazy on it, figured i'd never get to see an Olympics again, so why not.

Planning on heading down for about 10 days. Applied for tickets for 20 events, and if it all comes in my new credit card is gonna get hit with a £1300 bill.

Mainly going for medal sessions in Athletics as well as some tennis, fitba', rowing, cycling, a midnight beach volleyball session, swimming and some more.

I think my order is just over £700  :o

One of my bosses at work has gone for a package from Thomas Cook - hotel and guaranteed tickets for an athletics session and a semi final football match at Wembley - £1200 for a family of 4

Ooh I am getting the chance to go to a Q & A session with Chris Hoy through work  :thumbsup: