Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Other Transfer News

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Elgindon said:

bit of a damp squid seeing Ryan Fraser had signed for Newcastle,thinking we'd get some sort of cut from the fee......but realising hes out of contract  ?

I still don't understand why nobody was willing to stump up the cash for him last season when he had I think second most assists in the league, if he was English he would have gone for 50+ million. I don't know if we were just unlucky with this one, but it would have been a real boost.

I also see that Sheffield Utd are away to sign Max Lowe 

9 hours ago, DantheDon said:

I still don't understand why nobody was willing to stump up the cash for him last season when he had I think second most assists in the league, if he was English he would have gone for 50+ million. I don't know if we were just unlucky with this one, but it would have been a real boost.

I also see that Sheffield Utd are away to sign Max Lowe 

Good move for Lowe. He looked a good player when we had him on loan and no surprise that premier teams after him. 

Loss of cash aside Newcastle is a good move for Fraser as he will be one of best players there and the creative spark they are missing.

I've never heard of Simon Jordan, but he sounds like one of those cunts that is paid to be controversial. 

It seems like there's a fact or two missing somewhere, but I could be wrong. Is it really the case that the only reason he didn't sign a short term contract was incase he got injured? That doesn't seem likely to me. That would seem completely ridiculous. There must be more to it. 

30 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I've never heard of Simon Jordan, but he sounds like one of those cunts that is paid to be controversial. 

It seems like there's a fact or two missing somewhere, but I could be wrong. Is it really the case that the only reason he didn't sign a short term contract was incase he got injured? That doesn't seem likely to me. That would seem completely ridiculous. There must be more to it. 

He did come out at the time and say he had to look after himself to ensure his next move and couldn't risk an injury playing for Bournemouth. Not really a fitting way to leave a club who invested a lot in him over the years.

I don't think Fraser is typical of most footballers and am sure most would have played given the circumstances at the end of last season.

He was on Sportsound a few days ago, What he was saying I agreed to a point. If he had signed the extension and had suffered a injury that kept him out for months would Bournemouth resign him? Probally not. But he came out and said "With me playing, without being big headed, I think I would have helped massively." Not a good look...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/09/ryan-fraser-bournemouth-newcastle-united-steve-bruce

That is fairly pathetic then. Even the Hun Jack gave his all in the cup final for us in his final game despite being out of contract and having a deal on the table. That situation is a fairly normal occurrence I'd have thought. But surely Bournemouth or the player could have taken an insurance policy to cover that possibility?

There seemed to be a few stories about different players not signing short term extensions down south but Fraser seems to be the one most if not all of the cross-hairs have been turned on

I keep thinking of Jimmy Bullard
Signed for Fulham for 2.5million and 1month into the season gets a severe knee injury which kept him out for 16months. Fulham supported him throughout (as you would expect) but he only managed about 40 games in 2.5 seasons and supposedly when fulham looked to get him top sign an extension he demanded a massive pay rise.
Hull then signed him for about 5million and on his debut he re-injured the same knee and was out for 10months. 3 months after he came back he did his knee again and was out for another 3 months.
His relationship with Hull fell apart and he was told he was free to leave eventually having his contract terminated for an incident in a training camp.

My theory is after what happened with Bullard football clubs may have started putting in additional clauses into player contracts (maybe due to insurance firms raising premiums) which would limit the medical expenses they would shell out on new players with existing or a history of long term injurues. Perhaps all future treatment would be deducted from their wages which the players (and of course their agents) would not be happy with.

Only a theory mind

I have to say that any agent worth his salt would have negotiated something in a short term term that would have accounted for injury during the closing games.

I just think Fraser is a cock and I don't believe he would have saved them anyway if he had played. By all accounts he was fairly shit last season for them, I think he said as much himself.

I hope he helps Newcastle get relegated.

Livingston have cancelled Stokes contract by mutual consent. Stokes claiming training on plastic pitch is an issue. Must have known that before he signed for them. I suspect he has better offer and is using this as an excuse. 

Apologies for the source.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/anthony-stokes-set-shock-livingston-22682765

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Livingston have cancelled Stokes contract by mutual consent. Stokes claiming training on plastic pitch is an issue. Must have known that before he signed for them. I suspect he has better offer and is using this as an excuse. 

Apologies for the source.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/anthony-stokes-set-shock-livingston-22682765

You think? I hadn't really considered that. I assumed that he just wasn't fit enough to play professional fitba these days and we'd see him in the lower leagues or in the Irish leagues. You'd think that there'd be training and stretching methods that adapt a player's body for playing on plastic. It's not significantly different to grass. Obivously it would be hard going and take a couple of months to get used to, but surely far too early for him to write off his own chances.

4 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Bryson signs for St Johnstone.

Decent signing for them if he keeps himself fit.

Mind I thought that when he joined us as probably did about 99% of us at the time.

Anyone got the inside track on the details of him leaving us

Contract cancelled, paid up or some combination of the two ?