Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Kerr to Hearts ?

Possibly only paper talk as no quotes from the LSC and just general comments from Kerr about real fans etc etc ::)

Source today's Record

HEARTS boss Jim Jefferies is ready to launch a bid for Aberdeen skipper Mark Kerr and is prepared to double his wages to lure him to Tynecastle.

Kerr is out of contract next month and will be a key part of the Gorgie side's all-British signing policy to re-build their team during the summer. Kerr looks certain to accept Jefferies' offer after being subjected to disgraceful abuse from Aberdeen supporters who turned on him during a dire campaign.

And the 28-year-old blamed the Dons for not doing enough to persuade himself and others to sign new deals.

Kerr said: "Contract talks here haven't been as frequent as people say. The club haven't been forthcoming in negotiating.

"I've been offered a deal but when it is offered you negotiate. That's not happened throughout the team. Nobody has signed, not just me.

"I have to look after myself. If I was totally happy I would have signed. I'm happy at Aberdeen but I'm not just going to sign without negotiating.

"I've been offered one deal and that's it and that's been the same with the other boys.

"So maybe it's not all to do with the players. Maybe it's thought some don't want to be here but that's not the case.

"The club obviously want to keep me. Maybe their hands are tied but I'm having a go at them.

"I've never said I'm not signing. I've often said that if I had something else on the table then I would be honest and tel l people. There's nothing there just now.

"I am going to speak to the gaffer and hopefully we can clear things up but it's not in my mind to walk away."

Kerr hit back at the boo boys and insists he is not rattled by their actions.

He added: "I don't think the fans come to boo me, though sometimes people have booed even in the warm-ups.

"These people don't bother me. The real fans do."

And the 28-year-old blamed the Dons for not doing enough to persuade himself and others to sign new deals.

The attitude of the modern day footballer... "they" haven't done enough. Ever thought you may not have done enough to warrant the offer of an improved deal you wee scrote?

Possibly only paper talk as no quotes from the LSC and just general comments from Kerr about real fans etc etc ::)

Kerr is out of contract next month and will be a key part of the Gorgie side's all-British signing policy to re-build their team during the summer. Kerr looks certain to accept Jefferies' offer after being subjected to disgraceful abuse from Aberdeen supporters who turned on him during a dire campaign.

Double bubble. Get rid of Kerr and daytripping might fuck off to Jambokickback.  8)

Mark Kerr: "Willie, it's time to start looking at my contract"

Willie Miller: "So it is. Here's wur offer"

MK: "I'll take that away and think about it"

[some time later]

MK: "I'd like to enter negotiations with you regarding my contract-offer"

WM: "Oh aye. Since we offered you this contract, we've noticed you've done absolutely fuckall for the club. So we're now offering you HALF of what we offered you before"

MK: "hurrumph" That's not right! Hurrumph. I'm supposed to get more money from you lot, regardless of how little effort I put into my game"

WM: "Well thats not the way we work around here anymore. Why don't you go and whinge to Hearts. They'll gladly pay you what we offered you to begin with."

MK: "Hurrumph!!"