Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Odds for next Aberdeen manager

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Premiership? :-\

Was firmly tongue in cheek comment Sneckie, in light of constant stream of praise he seems to be getting from the media and folk like Jackie MacNamara going on about how good a manager/motivator etc etc that he is ;)

Alrighty peeps.  Joined up because I wanted to see what everyone was saying about Mark McGhee and the future for Aberdeen dependent on our new manager.  If you want to hear my tuppene worth, I think that McGhee .  I'm happy at all the recent developments as it has enabled us to freshen things up before we stagnate as that's what was happening under Jimmy Calderwood.  We should be a more attractive opening at the moment than ever at the moment with a stabilised club, a decreasing debt and European football next season.  I think Jimmy Calderwood steadied the ship however the last couple of seasons we've not kicked on and I think he took us as far as he can.  I actually think Mcghee would be a decent appointment in the short-term as he'll probably take us up a level for a year or two then bugger off to England.  That's the reality of the situation though and it'd be good if that was the case as we'll have maybe won a trophy to put in the cupboard.  Eric Black was a no go from the start and some of the other names mentioned are absolutely ludicrous.  It's a shame that there are other clubs are looking for managers at the same time but this may open doors for us at the same time.  What do you think?

Alrighty peeps.  Joined up because I wanted to see what everyone was saying about Mark McGhee and the future for Aberdeen dependent on our new manager.  If you want to hear my tuppene worth, I think that McGhee .  I'm happy at all the recent developments as it has enabled us to freshen things up before we stagnate as that's what was happening under Jimmy Calderwood.  We should be a more attractive opening at the moment than ever at the moment with a stabilised club, a decreasing debt and European football next season.  I think Jimmy Calderwood steadied the ship however the last couple of seasons we've not kicked on and I think he took us as far as he can.  I actually think Mcghee would be a decent appointment in the short-term as he'll probably take us up a level for a year or two then bugger off to England.  That's the reality of the situation though and it'd be good if that was the case as we'll have maybe won a trophy to put in the cupboard.  Eric Black was a no go from the start and some of the other names mentioned are absolutely ludicrous.  It's a shame that there are other clubs are looking for managers at the same time but this may open doors for us at the same time.  What do you think?

I think McGhee would be a disaster. Aidy Boothroyd is my choice.

Are Hibs a more attractive option for any prospective AFC managers?

They have their own training ground and are debt free. Thoughts?

I don't think debt is an issue. I doubt that Hibs have a budget much larger than ours, and in terms of wages we know that isn't the case either.

I'd say that apart from salary, the biggest determining factor that would limit a manager coming to us is location. Relative to most other places, Aberdeen is a fucking backwater.

So, D-day Jager ;) I see Smetlic have had talks with Mowbray last night so that should clear the path for McGhee to come to us surely? I'm still unsure if this would be the right move, but I trust WM that he will do the best for the club and make the right decision to hopefully take us forward as a club. Boothroyd would have been a good candidate I think, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Welcome tae  DONSTALK He-Man.

Me I just hope they make up their mind soon as all the rumours are getting me doon! >:(

i liked the Steve Nicol idea though  ;D

Thanks for the welcome octavion.

I just hope they take their time and appoint the right manager and don't panic.  Willie Miller seems to be pretty clued up so i don't think they'll mess this appointment up.

If Steve Nicol's been in America will he have an idea how the Scottish game is now?