Odds for next Aberdeen manager

http://guardian.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aberdeen-specials/next-permanent-manager

Mark McGhee 4/5

Craig Levein 15/8   :-[

Eric Black 8

Jim Magilton 8

John Collins 10

Derek McInnes 10 :hammer:

Mixu Paatelainen 10

Lawrie Sanchez 12

John Hughes 14

Neale Cooper 14

Noel Whelan 16

Lee Richardson 16

Roy Aitken 20 :finger:

Jim Jefferies 20

Gary McAllister 20

Brian Reid 20

Colin Calderwood 22 :rofl:

Bruce Rioch 22

Malkay McKay 25

Darren Ferguson 25

Andy Watson 25

Ossie Ardiles 33

Peter Nicholas 40

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the fuck can Avril be 2nd favourite?

Seems McGhee is the bookies choice.

They aren't in it to loose money so I guess he will most ikely get the nod. Still can't see us shelling out hundreds of thousands for anyone though.

Seems strange that he's gone back out to 4/5, he was at 8/15 a couple of days ago.  Jim Magilton with the same odds as Black, I wonder if he's been interviewed?

Here's McBookies selections and odds...

Selection    Odds

Mark McGhee  4/6 

Craig Levein  5/2 

Eric Black  9/2 

Derek McInnes  13/2 

John Collins  7/1 

Darren Ferguson  10/1 

Dean Windass  10/1 

Jim Jefferies  10/1 

Gary McAllister  12/1 

Colin Calderwood  14/1 

Allan Moore  16/1 

Brian Reid  16/1 

Scott Booth  25/1 

Quite a few differenves there in the odds.

http://www.mcbookie.co.uk/mcbookie?action=GoEvType&ev_class_id=195&ev_type_id=2021

In order for me it would be:

Sir Craig

Eric Black

Magilton [ well maybe not now if taken the Loftus Rd gig ]

Sanchez.

No one else on there including McGhee fills me with excitement.

On the subject however of Dingus, if it is him that WM wants then its simple really.

WM - Hi Dingus, want the job ?

Dingus - Eh, not really sure until I see how the Celtic scenario pans out.

WM - Right fuck off........Next.

On the subject however of Dingus, if it is him that WM wants then its simple really.

+1

Exactly my view on it too.

Sir Craig

Eric Black

Sanchez.

Hugo?

Might not be as simple as that though Al. Possibly, if we know Celtic are out of the equation as far as McGhee is concerned we may not have to offer him as lucrative a deal as we would if we play "hardball" as they say.  Also, if we do take that line with him and for talks sake we then turn to Levein, we'd surely have to take the same line as he too is being linked with the Tims.  Celtic can only appoint one of them, and probably will appoint neither, so is it really worth losing out on both instead of being patient?

Might not be as simple as that though Al. Possibly, if we know Celtic are out of the equation as far as McGhee is concerned we may not have to offer him as lucrative a deal as we would if we play "hardball" as they say.  Also, if we do take that line with him and for talks sake we then turn to Levein, we'd surely have to take the same line as he too is being linked with the Tims.  Celtic can only appoint one of them, and probably will appoint neither, so is it really worth losing out on both instead of being patient?

Far too sensible Bobby ;)

Just fucked off with it.

The whole McGhee is knight in shining armour thing is grating me. don't believe he is our saviour BUT if he is the one the board want then get on with it.

As for "tapping" Dave, lets not kid ourselves that it doesn't go on

Just fucked off with it.

The whole McGhee is knight in shining armour thing is grating me. don't believe he is our saviour BUT if he is the one the board want then get on with it. As for "tapping" Dave, lets not kid ourselves that it doesn't go on

I hear you brother, I really do. I'm not filled with excitement about any of them per se. Eric Black would have been my choice but I think that ship has sailed. I don't think it's going to be anyone too horrific* so at the moment I'm content to have the club look at every possible applicant and candidate.  I will however be rather hacked off/worried if it's not done in the next week or so.

*Jim Jefferies, Bobby Williamson, John Hughes, Billy Dodds (Mizer, you were surely not serious?), Dean Windass etc

Just fucked off with it.

The whole McGhee is knight in shining armour thing is grating me. don't believe he is our saviour BUT if he is the one the board want then get on with it.

As for "tapping" Dave, lets not kid ourselves that it doesn't go on

Of course it doesn't go on ;)

But the Motherweel chairman isn't exactly one for not letting his feelings known.

I haven't decided my position on the whole will he/won't he thing with McGhee (assuming he does become the new boss). I'd love to have a boss who declared the Dons are the only team he wants to manage and it'll be a dream come true et. all, but at the same time, I want our manager to have ambition, so the guy who wants to move onto bigger and better things (ie. Celtic) is also a good thing to have. I'd hate to think that Sone thinks that the Dons is the best he can do, I want to have a team that wants to become the very best no matter what, even if it means moving on from the Dons.

Not that i'm convinced that McGhee is the man for the job anyway.

I can't wait until this is all over and we're arguing about who we're playing in pre-season, signing the wrong players, unfair distribution of European tickets etc.

It's great to be a Dons Fan.

Of course it doesn't go on ;)

I can't wait until this is all over and we're arguing about who we're playing in pre-season, signing the wrong players, unfair distribution of European tickets etc.

Amen, bring it on :thumbsup:

Sir Craig

Eric Black

Sanchez.

If it's true that he's applied, I'd put Mike Newell in my top selections. Not much in his record to argue against in fact I'd say he was about the only one with a CV to argue for.

As far as I can remember he took Luton into the play-offs despite them being in administration and selling their best players, then he got them promoted (was this with a record points total?). Finished his first season top half of the championship, the following season any player with any value was sold, again as far as I can remember, without his agreement and he either walked because of it or was sacked for speaking out?

At Grimsby this season they were as good as relegated in November, probably stole our record for longest start to a season without a win ;D, then Newell came in and they survived the drop.

Shame about magilton, he could have been a decent appointment. In my eyes mcghee or levein would be solid appointments although neither would be a major step up from calderwood. And id imagine that the style of football wouldnt change all that much, which seemed to be a reason many gave to give the last management team the boot.

saying that though, provided that we appoint someone that isnt jeffries, hughes or williamson ill be reasonably pleased.

EDIT: totally forgot about Newell, i'd put him pretty high on my list too, CV seems decent, young ish manager who sets his team out to play decent football and any time ive seen an interview with him ive been reasonably impressed with how he coume across, obviously apart from his rant about female officials!

5live announcing that Steve Bruce, along with Eric Black, will be announced as the new Sunderland management team later.

What about beardy cunt Pressley...

Pressley eyes top level boss role

Steven Pressley believes he is ready to manage at Scottish Premier League level now that he has retired from playing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8081574.stm

::)