Midweek Scuffle - Kerr in Hospital

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The editor of the daily ranger dreams came true when he heard the story obviously.

Clipboard01-10.jpg

Kerr and Maguire were caught up in the fight at the trendy Priory early on Wednesday.

-----

And Kerr releases a statement on redweb

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1664313,00.html

"Believe me, I am totally gutted to be missing Sunday's hugely important match against Hibs as a result of the incident on Tuesday night which left me requiring hospital treatment.

"I sincerely apologise to the fans, the Club and also my team-mates for not being available for such a crucial game but I'm confident the lads will do what is needed to keep our European dreams alive."

Quality (sic) reporting from the Sun, with quotes directly lifted off afc-hat and a picture of Mark Kerr, with a caption about Mark Kerr with his eyes blocked out

Dons stars in stag do mayhem

By KENNY ANGOVE

Published: Today

ABERDEEN ace Mark Kerr has been charged by cops after an alleged mass street brawl involving several players.

Midfielder Kerr, 26, also wound up in hospital with a suspected fractured eye socket — as a stag do for team-mate Gary McDonald, 27, descended into mayhem.

It’s thought fellow Dons stars Stuart Duff, 27, Andrew Considine, 22, and Michael Paton, 20, were at the bash.

But two members of the public were the only others charged.

Last night, a club spokesman said: “If any of our players are found to have instigated any trouble, they will be dealt with severely.â€

The players were celebrating midfielder McDonald’s bash at the Priory nightclub in Aberdeen city centre when the troubled reportedly flared around 1.40am on Wednesday.

Kerr — whose face can’t be shown for legal reasons — needed treatment for the eye injury that has ruled him out of Sunday’s SPL crunch match with Hibs.

It’s a game Aberdeen need to win to qualify for Europe next season.

The Dons spokesman said: “Players were out ahead of their day off on Wednesday and there was an incident in a club which spilled on to the street.

“Mark received injuries which needed treatment in hospital and he will miss Sundays game against Hibs.

“I can confirm he has been charged in connection with the incident.â€

Mike Wilson, owner of the Priory, told how punters had clashed with Kerr inside the club.

He said: It’s fair to say Mark Kerr left willingly and his colleagues left with him. There was a gentleman who was put out after Kerr. His friends came out with him. A fracas ensued.â€

Kerr — who’d not long returned from suspension after two red cards — played in last Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Rangers with McDonald, Duff and scorer Paton.

Last night, furious supporters bombarded footie message boards.

One fan, using name Jaws, said: “Why have your stag night four nights before the end of the season? Potentially the biggest week of the season.

Another, called Tommy, said: “The drinking culture at Pittodrie is pathetic.â€

London Scottish added: “Hardly the super-fit, healthy, professionals we want at this club.â€

Last night, a Grampian Police spokeswoman said: “Three males are to be reported to the procurator fiscal.â€

Kerr is scheduled to appear at Aberdeen Sheriff Court today.

SNA2205A1-280_809026a.jpg

Quality (sic) reporting from the Sun, with quotes directly lifted off afc-hat and a picture of Mark Kerr, with a caption about Mark Kerr with his eyes blocked out

SNA2205A1-280_809026a.jpg

Why have they tried to hide his face like the EE did last night?

One fan, using name Jaws, said: “Why have your stag night four nights before the end of the season? Potentially the biggest week of the season.

Another, called Tommy, said: “The drinking culture at Pittodrie is pathetic.â€

London Scottish added: “Hardly the super-fit, healthy, professionals we want at this club.â€

Last night, a Grampian Police spokeswoman said: “Three males are to be reported to the procurator fiscal.â€

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is hyperbole a criminal offence in Scotland now?

:lolabove:

Poor journalism, and clearly not reflective of the total Aberdeen support ;)

So you arn't pissed off that ahead of a our biggest game of the season we have the players out getting pished and causing trouble?  You have the team you deserve.

Maguire wasn't even hurt, don't even think he was involved apart from being there.

k9 definitely stated in his original post that Maguire started fight and was knocked out.

Aberdeen players kicked out of Priory last night after a player started a fight which then continued onto Belmont Street. Mark Kerr took a kicking after Bebo started fight and was knocked out and may miss Saturdays game with concussion. Duff, Considine and Paton also involved.

Police involved and statements taken from all the players above.

(And Charlie - don't even think of phoning me)

Don't know why he edited mind??

So you arn't pissed off that ahead of a our biggest game of the season we have the players out getting pished and causing trouble?  You have the team you deserve.

And where the fuck are you getting that from? I can only assume your drunk! You have the team you deserve ::)

Fuck sake Niall.....mega WOOSH required loon.

Have another read of it, and see if you get what I meant this time around ;)