Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Midweek Scuffle - Kerr in Hospital

I appreciate that they have every Wednesday off and are entitled to a day off, but would it have been to much to ask to get them together for one more session early on Wednesday morning, whether that be to work on something for the game, look at videos of recent Hibs games/Aberdeen games, or work on general fitness/sharpness and the like?

After all they are away to have a good few weeks off, one final push in the last week is all we ask for.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody watching grampian news? Apparently our ever chatty manager refused to answer if he had allowed the night out as he walked into the club.

I saw it.

But to be honest, whether it was sanctioned or not, our players shouldn't be getting charged and ending up in hospital after nights out.

I saw it.

But to be honest, whether it was sanctioned or not, our players shouldn't be getting charged and ending up in hospital after nights out.

If it was a normal night out I could agree with you, but allowing your whole team to go out on a stag do, I cant as a stagger is a piss up not just a night out. If he did sanction it he would have said keep it calm but Calderwood should know what likely to happen after Langfields stagger!

I saw it.

It's not quite as black and white as that though.

I'm fuming this has happened so close to a big game but i'm more pissed off with the fact JC either let this happen or the players have so little respect towards the gaffer that they'd have this night out behind his back.

Also Penfolds Tommy Wright comment made me lol.

If it was a normal night out I could agree with you, but allowing your whole team to go out on a stag do, I cant as a stagger is a piss up not just a night out. If he did sanction it he would have said keep it calm but Calderwood should know what likely to happen after Langfields stagger!

How do you know it was a stag do?

Which bit of his story has been inaccurate so far then?

And where have I said this was all bull shit?

On numerous occasions I have read K9 exclusives which have tended to be a lot of bull shit. I'm sure one in particular was about Jackie McNamaras career ending injury.

And where have I said this was all bull shit?

On numerous occasions I have read K9 exclusives which have tended to be a lot of bull shit. I'm sure one in particular was about Jackie McNamaras career ending injury.

Threatening I think was the word he used.

If we are to take K9's post as being right (and we have no reason not to so far) I note you are choosing to ignore the involvement of Paton (born Greenock) and Duff + Considine (both born Aberdeen).

Anyway, I can't be arsed getting particularly indignant about this.

We all know there seems to be something of a drink culture at the club. We also are aware that the first team squad and management have a collective IQ akin to that of a postbox. Furthermore, their disdain for the Aberdeen support has been well documented through both performances and behaviour over the last few years.

So, am I surprised? No.

Particularly concerned? No. Simply because, I can't see this culture changing while the current manager remains in charge.

Agree 100%, although I'll still get indignant about it.

This could have happened at any point in the last few years. 

The worst aspect of this is the timing and the fact the support, club, players and management will now be distracted from our most important game of the season.  No doubt team moral will be dented as well, but hopefully JC manages to turn it round to be a positive influence, with the players making a real effort to go out and show they are actually professionals and no a bunch of lazy, drunken, prima donnas.