Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Midweek Scuffle - Kerr in Hospital

Have you read the guys posts I was replying to yet?

Or do you agree with him that there was no way that our players would have started a fight?

Im very sorry I gave a possible alternative to the guy and the use of the words 'weegie neds'  ::)

One of the guys supposedly involved is from Aberdeen. Is that a one off case or does it boil down to where he's from?

I'd hate to think what you'd have said if Sone and Vidal were involved...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What context required the "weegie ned" shite then? :wave:

Maybe i've got this completely out of context, however how I read what our very own mizer said was that the good people of Aberdeen were referring to our whole team as "Weegie neds", not mizer. And anyway, when taken in context, he was saying it could equally be a Dons fan and not an OF fan that the scuffle involved, which if anything, doesn't go far enough. I'd say there's almost no chance it was an OF fan, your typical Aberdeen based knuckle-dragger wouldn't know who 'Mark Kerr' was in the first place, let alone recognise him. But lets not let facts get in the way of the "Mizer is a cunt, lets shout down everything he ever posts" bandwagon ::)

Anyway from, experience of meeting most of the Dons team/management over the last few years, with very few exceptions they have been to a man absolute cunts. All of them big time charlies who think that they're better than you, most of them wouldn't even give you the time of day and if your words are anything other than "Great performance of Saturday", "You were my man of the match" or "You should be in the next Scotland squad" will result in you being told in no certain words to "Fuck Off" or be offered a fight.

The only exceptions I can think of were Russell Anderson, who was quiet but polite. And Noel Whelan, somebody who had been a big time charlie, how the transfers for £millions, played at the highest level, didn't he also have an England Cap? He had plenty time for anyone who said they were a Don, and just wanted to talk football. He also bought a round of Tequilla for me, him & all my friends, which looking back wasn't overly-professional. Hell, now I think about it, John Hartson was more of a gentleman when I met him.

That aside, this incident, think everyone needs to take a step back and look at what we actually know, not all the speculation that is floating about. We know:

• Kerr got battered
  • Kerr got charged

That's it. All this talk of Calderwood allowing the team to get wasted 4 days before our biggest game? Rubbish! If i'm having a work night out, the single person we don't tell is our boss. And anyway if it was a "stag-do" on a Tuesday night in Aberdeen? I'm rather sceptical on that one too. Should maybe leave the condemnation of everyone from Wiggy down to the groundsman until we actually know some hard facts?

No answer to my question then....?

Ok, I understand why you are asking why I described many of our team as 'Weegie neds' as its not the most flattering term. I used it as 'weegie neds' has a connotation due to the high levels of violence in the Strathclyde region rather than 'our players' or something similar as the guy seemed to think it was impossible that any of our players could have started the fighting. I didn't say it was more likely or what happened I just put it out as a possibility to him.

I really wish we could replace some of our lot so easily and just sack the fuckers , they get paid good wages and must surely understand what is expected of them for sunday. Anyone of us i beleive would have waited till end of the season for the night out

JIMMY PLEASE SACK HIM AND TEACH THE GIT A LESSON

So annoyed hitting my poor keys quite hard typing this

Guest fatshaft

That's it. All this talk of Calderwood allowing the team to get wasted 4 days before our biggest game? Rubbish! If i'm having a work night out, the single person we don't tell is our boss. And anyway if it was a "stag-do" on a Tuesday night in Aberdeen? I'm rather sceptical on that one too. Should maybe leave the condemnation of everyone from Wiggy down to the groundsman until we actually know some hard facts?

:clap:

Sarcasm doesn't come across so well in type.

Yes it does ;)

The Priory had a more than healthy ned count the last time I ventured in. ;D

You ventured in? You've just went down a notch in my book.

Going home with a kebab for a wank is preferable to venturing in there in my eyes (hands)

What's wrong with that?

He loves it!

Anyway, no neds in Aberdeen, no siree. But yeah, let's not get bogged down in facts.

Tons of neds in every town but the three players known to be there - Kerr, Maguire and McDonald are all from Glasgow/Greater Glasgow. I dont give shit what any of our players are like off the park so long as it does not affect their performance on the pitch or bring the clubs name down. I like Mark Kerr he was a bit of a ned but was the friendliest of the players to us pre-season and when the rest of the guys of the pre-season saw him out for a stag do in Edinburgh he came across to them and bought them drinks. Hopefully he and the rest of the players were innocent but I wouldnt be shocked if they wernt, saying that there are two of them lifted and only Kerr.

Sorry Dave, hand washing from above is not an acceptable defence.  Either way, the buck still stops with Jimmy as far as I am concerned.

If I worked directly with 20 folk on a day to day basis and half of them managed to, or even thought it was acceptable, to go behind my back to do something I deemed unacceptable I would be thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed. I would also expect to hauled up by my bosses along with those responsible.

Likewise, if I had said "On you go lads, just don't do anything stupid!"

Hindsight is wonderful thing, and denial (lets face it even if he did allow them to go out he's not likely to admit it now) should not be an acceptable "get out jail card" for Jimmy.

Maximum club fines all round, as far as I am concerned, along with extra community work over the summer.

What team in the SPL is it you play for again, Dave?

My point earlier about this and how the buck stops with Calderwood is because he has tolerated it and actively encouraged it in the past.  If players know they can get away with it they'll continue to do it.  If they know it's not tolerated they'd be extremely stupid (i appreciate the irony in that) to do so in their own backyard.  JC is clearly from the Big Ron school of management ...

Tons of neds in every town but the three players known to be there - Kerr, Maguire and McDonald are all from Glasgow/Greater Glasgow. I dont give shit what any of our players are like off the park so long as it does not affect their performance on the pitch or bring the clubs name down. I like Mark Kerr he was a bit of a ned but was the friendliest of the players to us pre-season and when the rest of the guys of the pre-season saw him out for a stag do in Edinburgh he came across to them and bought them drinks. Hopefully he and the rest of the players were innocent but I wouldnt be shocked if they wernt, saying that there are two of them lifted and only Kerr.

Fail.

What team in the SPL is it you play for again, Dave?

My point earlier about this and how the buck stops with Calderwood is because he has tolerated it and actively encouraged it in the past.  If players know they can get away with it they'll continue to do it.  If they know it's not tolerated they'd be extremely stupid (i appreciate the irony in that) to do so in their own backyard.  JC is clearly from the Big Ron school of management ...

What team in the SPL is it you play for again, Bobby?

If it's their night/day off they can do what they like, as mizer says, as long as they do the business on a Saturday or in training (they're flying there apparently ;)).

Who tells their boss when they are going out on the lash? ???

If it's their night/day off they can do what they like, as mizer says, as long as they do the business on a Saturday or in training (they're flying there apparently ;)).

Who tells their boss when they are going out on the lash? ???

But that's the problem. They shouldn't be able to do what they like. How many pro footballers in the top leagues in Spain and Italy and France have that attitude? Very, very little. Do you think Ferguson would tolerate his players doing it on Friday/Saturday ahead of the CL Final and more to the point, do you think his players would want to do that?  JC tolerates this pish and we all know it, and there's another point... are they doing the business on a Saturday? Doesn't look like it to me.