Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

New stadium thread

Kingsford is not a place/community when I last drove by it.  It's A: A field B: A Sign Post C: Place earmarked for this stadia that is near Westhill and Kingswells i.e. not bloody Aberdeen where the club hails from.

Anyway back on topic - you really think the last minute petition will push this plan through or even help now given all toing and froing of documents, requests between ACC, committees, AFC and Fairhurst?  These easy to create petitions pop up every day in this age of social media.

Even if it gets through come Oct there will be legal challenges - possibly to Scottish Parliament holding up things for more years.

Kingsford is not a place/community when I last drove by it.  It's A: A field B: A Sign Post C: Place earmarked for this stadia that is near Westhill and Kingswells i.e. not bloody Aberdeen where the club hails from.

It *is* bloody Aberdeen. There's even a bloody great sign beside it telling you that's exactly where you're entering.

And by "Kingsford" I mean, just like you did, and as you know full well, the NKS group, which you are quite deliberately trying to conflate with the feelings of Westhillers as a whole, which as I keep saying is pish.

They can keep moving the signs all they like, it diznae mak it the toon.

My folks moved us all to Dyce in 1969, it was Aberdeenshire then.

I went ( infrequently) to Bunkeed Academy, that was in the shire too.

Dyce is still bloody Dyce, it's nae Aberdeen.

It *is* bloody Aberdeen. There's even a bloody great sign beside it telling you that's exactly where you're entering.

And by "Kingsford" I mean, just like you did, and as you know full well, the NKS group, which you are quite deliberately trying to conflate with the feelings of Westhillers as a whole, which as I keep saying is pish.

There are more people got off their arse to submit a complaint about Kingsford on the Planning portfolio than submitted one in support. 

Westhill / Kingsford as far as I am concerned is not Aberdeen.  It's a separate town/place in Aberdeenshire and a place that our club should not even consider moving to.

It is not a place representative of our club, our traditions, our history and our team i.e. Aberdeen FC. 

Berwick Rangers dinna play in Berwick (even if Berwick was returned to Scotland tomorrow Berwick Rangers would still be an English team). Partick Thistle dinna play in Partick. Chester City have one set of goals in England and the other in Wales....

Get the fucker built

There are more people got off their arse to submit a complaint about Kingsford on the Planning portfolio than submitted one in support. 

1. Aye, with all the duplicates coming from a single house, and the fraudulent ones made in the name of what the W.A.N.K.S. thought were empty houses, family members cajoled into making a complaint from the other end of the country just to boost numbers, and finally local based minkers who support the Huns & Tims and objected out of spite. Aye, count all them and there were 'more' objections.

2. When was the last time *any* planning application got more than a handful of letters of support? Aberdeen got over 4000, I'd be willing to guess the highest ever seen by this city by a considerable distance.

Ah, the "get it built" brigade. Aberdeen FC's loyal bunch of we wint a new fitba stadium mannies.

Alive and well I see. How ye keeping?

Love to see your face mannie come October, greetin in your cornflakes when the multiplex cinema we a fitba pitch in the middle (St Mirren Park II) located oot in the country gets its marching orders!

Get it built.......ha

1. Aye, with all the duplicates coming from a single house, and the fraudulent ones made in the name of what the W.A.N.K.S. thought were empty houses, family members cajoled into making a complaint from the other end of the country just to boost numbers, and finally local based minkers who support the Huns & Tims and objected out of spite. Aye, count all them and there were 'more' objections.

2. When was the last time *any* planning application got more than a handful of letters of support? Aberdeen got over 4000, I'd be willing to guess the highest ever seen by this city by a considerable distance.

Yeah, I read them all. Support and against.

My special favourites were the ones submitted that said "coyr" and "get it built" from the support side.

Hugely creative.

Ah, the "get it built" brigade. Aberdeen FC's loyal bunch of we wint a new fitba stadium mannies.

Alive and well I see. How ye keeping?

Love to see your face mannie come October, greetin in your cornflakes when the multiplex cinema we a fitba pitch in the middle (St Mirren Park II) located oot in the country gets its marching orders!

Get it built.......ha

Did you have to practise hard at being a tosser or does it just come naturally to you?

Yeah, I read them all. Support and against.

My special favourites were the ones submitted that said "coyr" and "get it built" from the support side.

Hugely creative.

Really?

mine were the guy whose view from the golf course would be spoiled, and his house price ruined, or the woman whose parents in Kingswells would have to install floodlights and security cameras to stop drunk hooligans pishing against their back fence, or the woman who wouldn't be able to get to the cinema if she fancied going as the A944 would be closed on match days, or similarly the person who wondered how ambulances or fire engines would get through that same 'closed' road.

There's plenty more, but you've read them all so you know what a pile of steaming pish so many of them were.

Really?

mine were the guy whose view from the golf course would be spoiled, and his house price ruined, or the woman whose parents in Kingswells would have to install floodlights and security cameras to stop drunk hooligans pishing against their back fence, or the woman who wouldn't be able to get to the cinema if she fancied going as the A944 would be closed on match days, or similarly the person who wondered how ambulances or fire engines would get through that same 'closed' road.

There's plenty more, but you've read them all so you know what a pile of steaming pish so many of them were.

I like the ones that NKS registered fraudulently claiming to reside at "empty" properties that weren't empty at all and had Yes to Kingsford supporters biding there.

Twitter seems to be edging towards a lot of buyers remorse, now the anti WANKS hysteria has died down and people realise the gravity of the situation.

Facebook is still Kingsford supporters (people who live in the shire) rounding on anyone who says otherwise.

Twitter seems to be edging towards a lot of buyers remorse, now the anti WANKS hysteria has died down and people realise the gravity of the situation.

Facebook is still Kingsford supporters (people who live in the shire) rounding on anyone who says otherwise.

The No/Yes Kingsford question is and can be poisonous on Twitter/Faceache - lack of humour that is for sure.  Ultimately, is all just online bluster but underneath it all shows the amount of bitterness, nastiness and division that this whole topic has created.

I would compare Kingsford Stadium to Scottish Referendum. With some people even using or adopting YES/NO symbols used during the referendum during the Kingsford campaign. 

Being a NO Kingsford supporter and being open about it certainly the whole thing is nasty - I had a big argument in Cyprus last week over this issue for another Red.  It's created division, dislike when the whole issue should have been about collaboration, common sense between all parties - a sensible location, sensible access, common goals instead its been based on division, nastiness, anti/pro campaigns and propaganda. 

Given they chose Kingsford its the fault of the club that this all happened and its became so political.

Oh and to make my position clear...

I'd love it if we could stay at a revamped and suitable Pittodrie but I accept that this is highly unlikely (for whatever reason)

I'd rather we weren't out in the sticks at Kingsford, but I'm not 100% anti that either

We need a new 21st century stadium sooner rather than later

A lot of the protests seem to be Nimbyism at best or downright anti-Dons at worst

The club has fucked up here, but to gloat over another (possible) failed stadium plan isn't helpful in the slightest.

I also live 3740 miles away so I'm not likely impacted travel-wise by moving "out of town" but I will miss the pre-game atmosphere of the Pittodrie Bar or the Red Lion (despite being TT these days)