Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

That does seem a bit cuntish, but from the few I have watched some of them have said they are going in with a strict budget. Perhaps thats why they're so successful, not letting themselves get carried away with emotional feeling. While looking like cunts, if they hadn't already had this motive then these people wouldn't be getting from this person at all.

Sorry, what i'm trying to say makes sense in my head.

Well thats how the rich stay rich ;) But yeah it makes sense not to get emotionally involved, but then again as I said, it seemed refreshing to see folk that would generally not have any real contact with that respective aspect of society actually have some heart and soul. The two I mentioned seemed to be dealing with grander schemes which would impact many aspects of society, whereas the others seemed to target smaller groups. That guy you call a caahhnntt came across as one ;) Then again, you can also say maybe he gave the minimum to "inspire" them to continue getting support on their own accord. Self help styli.

Well thats how the rich stay rich ;) But yeah it makes sense not to get emotionally involved, but then again as I said, it seemed refreshing to see folk that would generally not have any real contact with that respective aspect of society actually have some heart and soul. The two I mentioned seemed to be dealing with grander schemes which would impact many aspects of society, whereas the others seemed to target smaller groups. That guy you call a caahhnntt came across as one ;) Then again, you can also say maybe he gave the minimum to "inspire" them to continue getting support on their own accord. Self help styli.

As the old saying goes: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime.  :thumbsup:

As the old saying goes: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime.  :thumbsup:

I always thought the saying was 'Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, give a man access to the internet and a Donstalk account, and he can post inane ramblings for a lifetime.'

:-\

Fucking hate that programme. It just makes people look like heros for walking around a poor area and giving they're loose change to folk. Then they fuck off to they're mansion in the country. Their not doing much to help the community in the long term.

Not the one I watched last night - the guy gave £60,000 to a lady to keep her in a job for 2 years which was running a playcentre for kids and also £150,000 to a lady who helped homeless families - that money was going to be used to buy a property to provide much needed accomodation

Yellowstone was cool  :thumbsup: I liked the bluebirds

Not the one I watched last night - the guy gave £60,000 to a lady to keep her in a job for 2 years which was running a playcentre for kids and also £150,000 to a lady who helped homeless families - that money was going to be used to buy a property to provide much needed accomodation

Yellowstone was cool  :thumbsup: I liked the bluebirds

What's wrong with the other birds! Racist ;) I look forward to watching it on tuesday or wednesday!

The day that Sir David Attenborough dies will be a sad day indeed. The BBC's nature programmes are worth the TV license money alone.

True but how involved is he in these series now a days? Surely he just sits in a studio and does the voice over....certainly he wasnae in a wee boat jumping into seas full of sharks and jellyfish.

Anyway, GET IT WATCHED

Newswipe, Episode 1

25 Mar 2009, 22:30 on BBC Four

Synopsis

Charlie Brooker returns to train his sights firmly on news and current affairs.

He looks at the news's obsession with the credit crunch, and the potty levels it has reached. Nick Davies authors a piece about the influence the PR industry has over the news and Tim Key performs a poem.

Guest swaddon

Watching the Simpsons on Channel 4. The episode with the Loch Ness monster where Homer says "no way. Aberdeen rules!"  :thumbsup:

I must have seen that episode about a dozen times, but it's still worth watching just for Homer's line.

Just started watching The Wire sice it has recently started on BBC2 so I think it'll take a bit of time to get into it, but so far so good. It will be have to be great if I'm going to go to the effort of catching up to 5 seasons or so worth!

Does anyone know if there are plans to repeat broadcasts of Generation Kill on FX? I think I missed a couple of episodes, I didn't realise there were only a handful of them.

True but how involved is he in these series now a days? Surely he just sits in a studio and does the voice over....certainly he wasnae in a wee boat jumping into seas full of sharks and jellyfish.

Anyway, GET IT WATCHED

Newswipe, Episode 1

25 Mar 2009, 22:30 on BBC Four

Synopsis

Charlie Brooker returns to train his sights firmly on news and current affairs.

He looks at the news's obsession with the credit crunch, and the potty levels it has reached. Nick Davies authors a piece about the influence the PR industry has over the news and Tim Key performs a poem.

2nd episode is even better

• 2 weeks later...

The new Louis Theroex show on BBC 2.

Paedophilic "mental hospital"/prison.

Had to stop watching though because our aerial is fucked at the moment so will have to catch it on iPlayer. Looks good though!

It was a bit weird. I think it said only 13 people have been rehabilitated and integrated into the community in the last 10 years, and 70% of the people there won't participate in the therapy, so it's just an extension of prison.

It was a bit weird. I think it said only 13 people have been rehabilitated and integrated into the community in the last 10 years, and 70% of the people there won't participate in the therapy, so it's just an extension of prison.

I will definitely give it a watch though. I love Louis Theroux's documentaries. I was watching one I hadn't seen in years on Dave just before that episode, where he was trying to be a gangsta rapper in the dirrrty south ;) Hilarious stuff :D