Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Why does nobody watch Battlestar, I'm lonely and I want to talk sci-fi with a human twist  :(

Haven't seen any of the current series yet but I got the DVD's for season 4 last month so I've just finished getting through them.  I can't help but think that it's lost it a little bit though.  I think I preferred it when it was more human-race's-imminent-demise rather than human-robot-rumpy-pumpy.

I've only seen 3 or 4 episodes of Dexter and it is excellent but shift work fucks up any chance of watching a series all the way through.

Anyone remember a programme on Ch 4 called Psychos? Dougie Henshall played a psychiatrist with bi-polar disorder in a psychiatric hospital in Glasgow, it was fucking brilliant.

Dexter series 1 and 2 are available to rent from Casa Padre.

What's the gist Padders?

Walt White is an ordinary chemistry teacher sleeping his way through life, but when he is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, he finally wakes up and begins to live life to the fullest. Realizing that he needs to provide financially for his pregnant wife and special needs son once he's gone, Walt puts his chemistry skills to use by creating a rolling meth lab.

Walt teams up with former student Jesse Pinkman, who teaches him about the entrepreneurial world of drug dealing. The two set up shop in a converted RV and before they know it, business is booming.

No road to success comes without its share of problems and for Walt that comes in the form of an obnoxious brother-in-law Hank -- who happens to be a Drug Enforcement Agent!

Sounds like a mix between Weeds and My Name Is Earl.

Its not as slapstick as MNIE, its actually quite dark.

Thought the same when reading that.  I enjoyed Weeds.

Has Breaking Bad series one been aired in the UK or is it only available online/DVD?

Its been on FX, I haven't seen the DVD anywhere but I'll be getting it as soon as it comes out.

Just watched the Terry Pratchett Alzheimers program which was quite interesting.

Just watched the 2nd episode tonight.  Quite sad stuff - he's definitely putting a very brave face on it.

I had no idea he was up in Aberdeen.

Just hope he can knock out a few more books yet.