Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

It was a bit weird. I think it said only 13 people have been rehabilitated and integrated into the community in the last 10 years, and 70% of the people there won't participate in the therapy, so it's just an extension of prison.

Just watched it just now.  Very compelling and fairly disturbing (not unlike his documentary on the Hamiltons many years ago).

Looked to me like where the paedophiles were, was the best place for them.  As more than likely they'd get lynched if they were released, as their crimes were quite heinous.

Just watched it just now.  Very compelling and fairly disturbing (not unlike his documentary on the Hamiltons many years ago).

Looked to me like where the paedophiles were, was the best place for them.  As more than likely they'd get lynched if they were released, as their crimes were quite heinous.

Yeah I agree that it is probably the best place for them. I didn't like how they were so matter of fact when they said "I'm a child molester" and how they were so matter of fact about it - seemed like they didn't think they'd really done anything wrong, but I guess their matter of factness was down to the fact they had to talk about their crimes in their therapy.

Yeah I watched this too last night.

Can't say I have any sympathy for these guys who are effectively 'imprisoned' after they have served their sentences. The more rehabilitation they get the better, and the facility is by far the safest place to keep these people. For the prisoners and children.

The ones who accept the treatment are the ones who deserve to get released, although its understandable that society is unable to forgive their crimes once they are back out.

Although I'd hope that they get similar psychological treatment in prison. (As well as a fucking good beating).

Only things worth watching on TV at the moment are Charlie Brooker's Newswipe, Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, 24 and occasionally Shameless (better than recent series but still not a patch on the first couple).

Also rated the documentary series Hospital on Channel 4.  Brilliantly illustrates the pressures on the NHS created by "patient choice" and the "me, now" generation.

Also rated the documentary series Hospital on Channel 4.  Brilliantly illustrates the pressures on the NHS created by "patient choice" and the "me, now" generation.

Was excellent.

The Theroux documentary was very unnerving, every single one of those fuckers will probably re-offend or try to.

Agree on Shameless, has improved a lot.

5 Minutes Of Heaven with James Nesbitt and Liam Neeson was excellent.

Anyone seen Ashes To Ashes?

Theroux's stuff is generally brilliant but I thought the other night he was going a bit easy on them, and in fairness to him he did kind of say that towards the end of the programme.  Must be tough though, horrible subject matter, horrible cunts you have to interview and you have to keep your cool and also not piss them off to the point that no one wants to be interviewed. 

I did however like it when Louis was interviewing the guy who refused the therapy, and he was banging on about how he was no longer a paedophile as he didn't have those feelings anymore etc and Theroux told him he didn't believe him.  Quite right, that guy made my skin crawl, hideous individual.

Just watched the Inbetweeners from last week. I'd forgotten how funny the first series was. :thumbsup:

Peep show is due for a 6th series this summer so looking forward to that too, one of my favourite comedys on TV.

Also watching Oil Riggers (Wednesdays Ch5), which is along the same lines as Deadliest Catch/Ice Road truckers. It follows three competing drill crews in West Texas - unbelievable some of the stuff they get away with!

Theroux's stuff is generally brilliant but I thought the other night he was going a bit easy on them, and in fairness to him he did kind of say that towards the end of the programme.  Must be tough though, horrible subject matter, horrible cunts you have to interview and you have to keep your cool and also not piss them off to the point that no one wants to be interviewed. 

I did however like it when Louis was interviewing the guy who refused the therapy, and he was banging on about how he was no longer a paedophile as he didn't have those feelings anymore etc and Theroux told him he didn't believe him.  Quite right, that guy made my skin crawl, hideous individual.

That guy was really horrible, reminded me of the cartman joins nambla episode of south park.

Was excellent.

The Theroux documentary was very unnerving, every single one of those fuckers will probably re-offend or try to.

Agree on Shameless, has improved a lot.

5 Minutes Of Heaven with James Nesbitt and Liam Neeson was excellent.

Anyone seen Ashes To Ashes?

Watched the first one last week.

I have a wee suspicion we'll be seeing Tyler over the coming weeks.

;)

Guest swaddon

Anyone see The Inbetweeners yesterday?

"Alopecia of the ball bag"

:lolabove:

I saw that for the first time when it was on this week, and I thought it was great.

"He did that looking at me!"  ;D