🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Comedians

SeeBass

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It goes without saying but I wouldn't recommend Jason Manford.  I got dragged along last night to help out a friend who had a spare ticket.  As expected he was very mainstream and not particularly funny IMHO.  Fair play to him though, he was on stage for nearly 3 hours!  Puts Frankie Boyle's 1 hour set to shame!

It goes without saying but I wouldn't recommend Jason Manford.  I got dragged along last night to help out a friend who had a spare ticket.  As expected he was very mainstream and not particularly funny IMHO.  Fair play to him though, he was on stage for nearly 3 hours!  Puts Frankie Boyle's 1 hour set to shame!

3hrs not a bit too much?

Still better than Phil Kay's 35minute set I paid £15 a ticket for back in 1998 (yes 35minutes of which almost 10mins was spent running around the stage going on about how much room he had)

3hrs not a bit too much?

Still better than Phil Kay's 35minute set I paid £15 a ticket for back in 1998 (yes 35minutes of which almost 10mins was spent running around the stage going on about how much room he had)

I went to see Phil Kay as part of the Edinburgh Festival about 10 years ago. He was mildly funny, but again his gig was less than an hour long.

He had a couple of funny gags about Burntisland being named after a community bbq one Sunday. A couple of jokes about the train from Edinburgh to Glasgow .... "who would live in Linlithgow?!". He then used a side-speaker to climb up to the balcony and steal an alcopop from someone in the crowd. Think he kind of ran out of jokes though, hence why he probably finished up early.

Worst comedy gig I've ever been to, though, was Charlie Chuck (aka Uncle Peter from Reeves&Mortimer) at the Lemon Tree about 16 years ago. He was atrocious. He arrived on stage in character and was brilliant. But within 20 minutes, he had slipped out of character and was just telling stories of his childhood ... not even jokes, just general stories from his childhood!

Guest leith_red

Any selling tickets to see Peter Kay in Glasgow on Sunday night? Sister & Brother-in-law were supposed to be going, but have been scammed for tickets.

OF COURSE THEY'VE BEEN SCAMMED, HE'S SHITE

Can definitely vouch for this, went to see him at the SECC at the weekend and fuck me he was poor.  1st half was embarrassing, audience shouting out the punchlines etc, went off for a 40 minute interval after being on stage for 35 minutes drivelling on about going to the dentist repeating "what's all that about?".  Second half was just a re-hash of his old stuff that we've all seen before, before a 'finale' of him playing air guitar with a shovel to Queen's we are the champions.  As he would say "what the fuck's all that about?"

Woeful stuff and a bloody rip-off at £35 a ticket.

• 4 months later...