Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Comedians

SeeBass

At Edinburgh Fringe couple of weeks ago I went to see Sarah Millican, Daniel Sloss and Jimeoin.....Definite serotonin boost at them all!

The free shows went to see I rated from fcuking awful, to laughed a couple of times!  ...

Special mentions to lassie in The Globe, show called something like sex and drugs and rock and roll, ..... fcuking awful category!, (stayed 5 mins at most, ... as long just to see if she got any funnier, ... she didn't!)

... and Alan Sharp "Hate it with me" at the Banshee Labyrinth just down fae the Globe, ... he was in laughed a couple of times category! He was so disappointing though, as expected cynical, Mr Grumpy humour. Maybe having Jute and Chimp as mates I'm used to much better cynical humour!!  :thumbsup:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Edinburgh Fringe couple of weeks ago I went to see Sarah Millican, Daniel Sloss and Jimeoin.....Definite serotonin boost at them all!

The free shows went to see I rated from fcuking awful, to laughed a couple of times!  ...

Special mentions to lassie in The Globe, show called something like sex and drugs and rock and roll, ..... fcuking awful category!, (stayed 5 mins at most, ... as long just to see if she got any funnier, ... she didn't!)

... and Alan Sharp "Hate it with me" at the Banshee Labyrinth just down fae the Globe, ... he was in laughed a couple of times category! He was so disappointing though, as expected cynical, Mr Grumpy humour. Maybe having Jute and Chimp as mates I'm used to much better cynical humour!!  :thumbsup:

By cynical humour I presume you mean drunken rage fueled rants?  ???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't die. It got pretty tough in the middle but the audience seemed to like my necrophilia gags despite fluffing one of them. There is no link ST. it was supposed to be filmed but wasn't because there wasn't enough light. Probably a good thing.

I didn't die. It got pretty tough in the middle but the audience seemed to like my necrophilia gags despite fluffing one of them. There is no link ST. it was supposed to be filmed but wasn't because there wasn't enough light. Probably a good thing.

fair play to you. i don't have the balls to get up on stage

fair play to you. i don't have the balls to get up on stage

I've done a fair bit of theatre in my time but stand up is a completely different ball game.  An audience is naturally a bit easier  on a story teller because they have to suspend reality to engage with the story in the first place.  Also as a performer you have a role to hide behind whereas in stand up its just you and a mic................. go on then mr funny man, make me laugh.  Kudos to you Jim, takes stones to give it a blast.  Where did this happen?

I've done a fair bit of theatre in my time but stand up is a completely different ball game.  An audience is naturally a bit easier  on a story teller because they have to suspend reality to engage with the story in the first place.  Also as a performer you have a role to hide behind whereas in stand up its just you and a mic................. go on then mr funny man, make me laugh.  Kudos to you Jim, takes stones to give it a blast.  Where did this happen?

falkirk of all places and they liked my more edgy stuff although I fluffed one of my necrophilia jokes but still got a bit of a laugh. WIll definitely give it another go.

The weird thing was not focussing or catching anyone in the audience in the eye.

It was just a blur.

i have 20/20 vison but couldn't look at anyone.

falkirk of all places and they liked my more edgy stuff although I fluffed one of my necrophilia jokes but still got a bit of a laugh. WIll definitely give it another go.

The weird thing was not focussing or catching anyone in the audience in the eye.

It was just a blur.

i have 20/20 vison but couldn't look at anyone.

Probably because you have practiced on your own and you're not used to having people looking back at you.  Must be a great buzz when you make them laugh though.  Did you have a few dutch courage pints beforehand?

Me n Jerry did a double stand up last night. You can call him Mr Sadowitz. He inspired me to be honest. I apologise to anyone of the Judaism religion who may have been in attendance, or any poofs who were there. I didn't mean what I said. I was just trying to be shocking. Which I was.

There are no decent comedians on the planet bar Mr S. The best ones are all dead. Comedy can do that. You can die.