🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Comedians

SeeBass

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Missed a humiliating cup exit to see Rhod Gilbert at the Music Hall tonight.  He was excellent, one of the best stand ups I've seen for a very long time.  If anyone else was there - how funny was he taking "Sharon" to the cleaners for dumping the bloke that was at the gig with her!

• 5 months later...

The kiss of death for many a standups 'stand up' career is getting a TV show.

Well yes you get lots and lots of cash for a while but suddenly you dont have time to write new material because your too busy filming. So sooner or later you people start to get a bit pissed off with paying upwards of £50 to see you tell the same jokes they've seen you tell on TV on almost a monthly basis (thanks to channels like Dave). The double edge sword to this is with TV shoes they have to relying on 'scriptwriters' just incase they dare say anything that may upset somene (Be offended. Its good for you. It allows you to grow!!!)

And as with Michael Macintyre, Frankie Boyle, Jason manford, Russell Howard, etc they're touring days will come to a halt with a bang. If they are smart they will get out while they are still at the top of their game or in the case of manford become a teatime TV host (those gigs tend to last much longer than comedy).

Then of course you have the likes of Andy parsons who I still have no fucking Idea why he is even classed as a comic.

Or am I weird in believing a joke is funnier when the punchline isnt explained to you?

I will be interested to see what people think of peter Kays upcoming tour. After all the arrogant cunt gave himself a year to think up the jokes.

Last night Hardeep Singh Kohli spoon fed me some of his cooking on stage at The Maltings. Really don`t know where it came from but one responded by giving the guy a girly kiss on either cheek as I held the back of his Turban to do so! During the second half of the show he mentioned the word Seabass in a joke and one had a wee chuckle to himself before the punchline arrived so he asked me to explain how I got the nickname then dedicated the next dish to the one, the only SeeBass!!!

The kiss of death for many a standups 'stand up' career is getting a TV show.

Well yes you get lots and lots of cash for a while but suddenly you dont have time to write new material because your too busy filming. So sooner or later you people start to get a bit pissed off with paying upwards of £50 to see you tell the same jokes they've seen you tell on TV on almost a monthly basis (thanks to channels like Dave). The double edge sword to this is with TV shoes they have to relying on 'scriptwriters' just incase they dare say anything that may upset somene (Be offended. Its good for you. It allows you to grow!!!)

And as with Michael Macintyre, Frankie Boyle, Jason manford, Russell Howard, etc they're touring days will come to a halt with a bang. If they are smart they will get out while they are still at the top of their game or in the case of manford become a teatime TV host (those gigs tend to last much longer than comedy).

Then of course you have the likes of Andy parsons who I still have no fucking Idea why he is even classed as a comic.

Or am I weird in believing a joke is funnier when the punchline isnt explained to you?

I will be interested to see what people think of peter Kays upcoming tour. After all the arrogant cunt gave himself a year to think up the jokes.

Frankie Boyle gave it up anyways.

Last night Hardeep Singh Kohli spoon fed me some of his cooking on stage at The Maltings. Really don`t know where it came from but one responded by giving the guy a girly kiss on either cheek as I held the back of his Turban to do so! During the second half of the show he mentioned the word Seabass in a joke and one had a wee chuckle to himself before the punchline arrived so he asked me to explain how I got the nickname then dedicated the next dish to the one, the only SeeBass!!!

Quite possibly the most bizarre post i've ever read on here.

During the second half of the show he mentioned the word Seabass in a joke and one had a wee chuckle to himself before the punchline arrived so he asked me to explain how I got the nickname then dedicated the next dish to the one, the only SeeBass!!!

Are you shagging camilla?

I went to the Comedy Store in London on Sunday night. It was an improv night and it was really good although I would have preferred more conventional stand-up. Paul Merton was one of the comedians I saw.

I keep meaning to go there. What the prices like of drinks etc? I don't mind a bit of Improv (Boom Chicago in Amsterdam is a good example) but I don't know if I could handle a whole night of it.

I've been to that three times, it's a superb night.  You get decent pub food and the price of drink is pretty reasonable for London from what I remember.

Paul Merton was excellent when I saw him in there.  It was mainly people who used to appear on Whose Line Is It Anyway.

The whole night normally flies by pretty quickly, manc.

I've been to that three times, it's a superb night.  You get decent pub food and the price of drink is pretty reasonable for London from what I remember.

Paul Merton was excellent when I saw him in there.  It was mainly people who used to appear on Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Nice one, I will give it a go sometime soon  :thumbsup:

I keep meaning to go there. What the prices like of drinks etc? I don't mind a bit of Improv (Boom Chicago in Amsterdam is a good example) but I don't know if I could handle a whole night of it.

My mates that I was there with all found it absolutely brilliant. I don't think I was as impressed as them but it was still a great night and yes the time flies by. Drinks are indeed reasonably priced as is the food. (Although you still get what you pay for but it does the job)

It cost me £17 to get in which I felt was steep. This may be a slightly naive take on things but I expected to pay £5 - £10.

You'll enjoy it though.  :thumbsup:

Paul Mertons impromptu show has come to the Music Hall the last few years, i've been meaning to head along but never got round to it.

Kevin Bridges is coming to Shetland as well!!

Quality, cant wait.  No sure how he will get on we the crowd as most are miserable crofters ;D

Just had Bill Bailey up as well.  He was ace, really funny and gelled with the audiance straight away (maybe thats because he looks like a local)

Eddie Izzard at the Capitol was probably the best I've seen.  The man's a genius.

:thumbsup:

Izzard is brilliant. His World History tour was a right laugh. The "tea and cake or death" gag was brilliant. Here's a bit of that tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOLOGGftTY

Anyone seen the series of Lego sketches on Youtube that has Izzard dubbed over them? Fantastic.

:thumbsup:

Izzard is brilliant. His World History tour was a right laugh. The "tea and cake or death" gag was brilliant. Here's a bit of that tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOLOGGftTY

Anyone seen the series of Lego sketches on Youtube that has Izzard dubbed over them? Fantastic.

Both are superb.  :thumbsup: Probably the man that first really got me into stand up comedy.

• 3 months later...

Saw Rhod Gilbert last week.  If there's a better stand up on the circuit at the moment then I've not seen him!

Watched "Believe", the biopic on Eddie Izzard tonight.  I expected it to be a tad self indulgent but it wasn't, it was very good.

What a huge amount of effort and perseverance he put in when he was younger before he made his breakthrough.