Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Comedians

SeeBass

Heard a story once about Tommy Cooper at Aberdeen airport.

He was sitting in the bar having a drink waiting for his plane and there was a load of riggers in there after coming back from off-shore. As they got more pissed they got more lairy and one spots Tommy so he starts bugging him shouting "Hey Tommy show us a trick, come one just one trick" Tommys nae impressed and just wants to be left alone, but the guy keeps on hassling him eventually he goes "Alright I've got a smashing trick for you, give us your watch" so the guy takes off his Rolex and gives it to Tommy Cooper who then says to the guy behind the bar "Have you got a hammer?", so the barman goes off and comes back with a hammer. Tommy then wraps the watch in a bar towel, smashes the shite out of the Rolex and hands it back to the guy, and says "There you are there's your smashing trick!"  ;D

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Rob Brydon last night, very good but the best parts were the audience interaction which he didn't do enough of IMHO.

I didn't realise what a good singer he was!

I thought he was brilliant, possibly the best i've ever seen.

When he started singing at the end the song from 'Gavin and Stacey' that was the first time I realised he was even in it, I should maybe check it out?

First time i'd ever gone to a comedy gig by myself, and it was actually alright  :thumbsup:

I thought he was brilliant, possibly the best i've ever seen.

When he started singing at the end the song from 'Gavin and Stacey' that was the first time I realised he was even in it, I should maybe check it out?

First time i'd ever gone to a comedy gig by myself, and it was actually alright  :thumbsup:

Aye he was very good.

Gavin and Stacey is alright, its nothing ground breaking though.

I remember seeing something of his on TV, think he was called Keith Barret at the time on live at the apollo, and was surprised how funny he was live. ive just be arsing around on youtube and watched a vid of him on QI about welsh racism. Would of post it on here but BBC disabled it from being embedded.

This is the song he did in Gavin and Stacey. Its being released for comic relief.

Full version with story bit before the song

Song only version for those who cant be bothered listening to the story part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P3FB2D1Sbc

Chubby Brown coming to Orkney soon.

Great.  :-\

Seen Chubby Brown couple of times, thought he was shit first time, little bit better second (went second time as mate wanted to go, he is English and had sat through Braveheart with me!!!).

I know very current but really like Frankie Boyle. Also like Jimmy Carr. From my past, been to see Billy Connolly and Freddie Starr a few times. Both total class. Not sure I'd be so keen on Freddie Starr these days (wierd fucker) but back when I saw him in 1985 he was class.

Seen few negatives on here re Jim Davidson. Got to say that matches what people in general say but, seen him live too and his live show is hilarious (and, in my experience, his support are usualy pretty good too).

Seen few negatives on here re Jim Davidson. Got to say that matches what people in general say but, seen him live too and his live show is hilarious (and, in my experience, his support are usualy pretty good too).

I've seen him live too and thought he was very good, and as you say always has a good support act too.

There's a vast difference between acting gay and being a chutney ferret you nonce.  :-*

Dearie me, your a bit of a tetchy one, aren't you  ??? Your civil partnership just gone sour has it  ;D

Christ, and to think people thought I was you  :-\

Before you get yourself all bent out of shape (as opposed to simply "bent") remember who came up with the first hilarious posting.

Tomorrow morning try the other side of the bed, obviously the one you got out of this morning was the wrong one  :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Jason Manford (team captain on Eight Out Of Ten Cats/Man City fan) last Friday night at The Maltings in Berwick-upon-Tweed.  Loved every minute of it (second row from the front) and to get just under two and a half hours for £12 was certainly value for money.  Got my photo taken with him too even when I was told that pictures were only allowed if they`re were two or more people going up at a time.  Couldn`t find anybody to come along so flew solo.   

Ed Byrne's an odd one. I can't decide whether he's funny or just repetitive. There's a few British/Irish comedians in that boat just now for me, imho, including Frankie Boyle, Danny Bhoy (how many times can he tell the "you can tell a nation's disposition by their national breakfast dish" gag?), Mark Watson and shite scouse comic Jeff Green.

Mind you, I did go to see Irish comedian Jimeoin last year. He repeated one joke that I'd seen him do on the tele right at the start of his gig. But from then onwards, it was completely new material which had the entire theatre pissin themselves with laughter.