Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Comedians

SeeBass

Each to their own, I suppose. I crack up at observational comedy. Billy Connolly made a massive career out of observational comedy, and these days the likes of Michael McIntyre and Jimeon certainly keep me entertained with what they observe.

Macintyre is to comedy what Crowded House were to music. Bland, uninspiring and there to cater to those who don't want any kind of edge to their entertainment. They probably have the "My Family" box set too.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really that experienced in Michael macintyres stuff but as I recall his observational humour is based on general stuff in society which could happen to anyone. Pick up a copy of the metro and make a joke. My experience of Connolly is most of his observational humour comes from his actual experiences or from those who were/are close to him.

I predict Macintyre will follow the Lee Evans path and gradually fade away from the limelight (but without the movie career).

I can't say I'm a Lee Evans fan but he sold out the AECC fairly recently (last 12 months?).

Can't stand MacIntyre.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen him at the Lemon Tree before. He's  ok. Gets annoying after a while though.

Hmmmmm, that's what I maybe though. Too much of the 'I love Scotland, it's insane' stuff in his support act for Frankie Boyle alone.

Went to see Russell Howard again last night. Funny and certainly gave your money's worth. Pretty much ruined some of the gig as some cunts were hell bent on him getting his top off.  :hammer:

Jesus, Russell Howard? The posh kid from Mock the Week? He's about as funny as cholera.

Yes. I took my girlfriend as she loves him but his stand up is entertaining. Certainly different from his stuff on TV obviously but still, entertaining enough. He was on for around 2 hours with a small break in between, very good value for money I would say.

Jesus, Russell Howard? The posh kid from Mock the Week? He's about as funny as cholera.

Agreed, I think he's terrible.

I see Stephen Merchant is doing his first standup UK tour.  I reckon he would be really good as I suspect he's the brains behind most of The Office and Extras humour.  Not coming to Aberdeen but playing Glasgow.