Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Comedians

SeeBass

Anybody got any favourites?  Ross Noble is probably the one I would like to go and see. 

The sketch he did about fighting an invisble animal was hilarious.  The perfect volunteer being the Giant Panda so you can give him/her a second black eye to go with the one they already have! 

Take Care!

Seebass

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody got any favourites?  Ross Noble is probably the one I would like to go and see. 

The sketch he did about fighting an invisble animal was hilarious.  The perfect volunteer being the Giant Panda so you can give him/her a second black eye to go with the one they already have! 

Take Care!

Seebass

Aye, I read his book.

Funster.

For News At Ten.

On Donstalk.

Frankie Boyle seems to be the comedian in vogue these days, I think he's quite good on Mock the Week.

I tried to get tickets for his performance in Derby next month, but alas, by the time I found out it was too late!

A friend of mine saw Jerry Sadowitz during the fringe... absolutely fantastic show apparently!  Sounds like he'd certainly appeal to my own dark sense of humour.

Guest Makaveli

Jerry Sadowitz without a doubt is the best comedian I have seen ever.

Jason Byrne is pretty funny as well.  DO NOT go and see Ed Byrne by mistake as he was about as funny as Lee Hurst.

I've seen quite a few comedians including Billy Connolly, Paul Merton, Jack Dee, Eddie Izzard, Rich Hall, Frankie Boyle.

Rich Hall is superb, doing a lot of improvisation and making up songs on the spot.

Billy Connolly was the only disappointing comedian I've seen.  It was during the time of his "World Tour of Australia" series, which had been on the week before I went to see him, and sadly most of his jokes were straight off the TV series.  I have never been sure about him since his Ken Bigley "joke" anyway.

Eddie Izzard at the Capitol was probably the best I've seen.  The man's a genius.

Had a few chuckles at the Jim Jeffries guy (to be honest I was expecting the Killie manager to walk out and say "erm, well ... Gary Wales was great").

But certainly not laugh-a-line like Hicks was.

Hicks was a more of an intellectual comedian and had a well structured delivery. Jefferies is just like your mate down the pub taking it down too far.

That clip is pretty tame, I was at a late night show/debate/chat thing during the festival a few years back when he first broke through and there was a big thing in the press about what jokes are acceptable to tell. At the end of his 20mins about 60% of the audience had waked out disgusted at him (its hard to disgust a late night audience) the rest of us were trying not to laugh as you knew you should not be laughing at the type of jokes he was telling. Loved him since.