Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Reitvogels

Seen Pawlett a few times and he has always had a touch of class about him. Minds me on Jess. Chuffed to see him doing so well on this tour.

Surely Camero will be getting a contract after this? Aparently Jimmy isnt there tonight and is off to Finland watching a player. Were we not looking at a Finnish lad a while back?

Seen Pawlett a few times and he has always had a touch of class about him. Minds me on Jess. Chuffed to see him doing so well on this tour.

Surely Camero will be getting a contract after this? Aparently Jimmy isnt there tonight and is off to Finland watching a player. Were we not looking at a Finnish lad a while back?

One of the Paatelainens?

;)

Candid Camero hits four but won’t count on Dons deal

Dutch attacker leads 10-goal rout but must await Calderwood’s decision

By Michael Gannon in Holland

Published: 01/08/2008

Dutch trialist Dyon Camero hit four goals for Aberdeen against Rietvogels in Holland last night – but reckons his scoring exploits might not be enough to earn him a Pittodrie deal.

The 19-year-old FC Zutphen attacker led the way as the Dons routed the Dutch amateur outfit 10-0, but will not know his fate until a meeting with manager Jimmy Caderwood tomorrow.

Camero said: “I do not know if I will get offered a deal, it is up to the coach.

“I did my best so will have to wait and see. I will talk to Jimmy Calderwood on Saturday and see what he says.

“I have enjoyed being with Aberdeen and the players have been great with me. I would love to earn a move to Scotland but it is up to the club.

“I can only do my best and see what happens. That was my first full game so my fitness was not that great. I managed to score in the first half and it was nice to go on and get four.

“I have not played much so I got a bit tired towards the end of the first half and did not play so good. I managed to get some goals in the second half but my football was not what it could have been."

Aberdeen assistant manager Jimmy Nicholl said no decision had yet been made regarding Camero's future – although the player will stay with the squad in their Dutch training camp at Delden until the Dons head back to Scotland on Sunday.

Nicholl said: “There has not yet been a decision made regarding Dyon. We will have to wait and see what Jimmy Calderwood decides. It was good for him to get a few goals but I do not know if he will be offered a deal."

Nicholl praised the patchwork Dons side’s attitude against inferior opposition.

Apart from Camero’s four goals, Chris Maguire fired a double with Scott Severin, Jeffrey de Visscher, Peter Pawlett and Michael Paton also on the scoresheet in the final match of the Dutch tour.

Aberdeen were without several recognised first-team players – such as Darren Mackie, Charlie Mulgrew, Andrew Considine, Derek Young, Zander Diamond, Mark Kerr and Lee Mair.

All have various ailments and illnesses but are expected to be fit for the start of the new SPL season.

Nicholl added: “No disrespect to the opposition but you can only play against what is in front of you and our players were very professional. They showed a great attitude and treated them with respect. It was difficult for them in that kind of heat.

“It was a great experience for the likes of Michael Paton, Peter Pawlett and Sammy Stewart We did not really have a back four to put together so that is why we had to ask Scott Severin to play two games in two days along with Jamie Smith, who played left back, and Jeffrey de Visscher."