Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Betting Thread

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody got an e/w vibe for who might meet Taylor in the Final of The Grand Slam Of Darts? 

For sentimental reasons I`ll pluck for Gary Anderson.  My claim to fame is when I used to play for The Blackadder in Greenlaw we had a game against the top team in the league, The Plough from Yetholm.  My captain on the afternoon in question told me to come along that night but warned me I might not get a place if the trump card arrived, that being Dreamboy himself World No.6 at the time. 

And would you believe it I WAS DROPPED so Mr A. could play.  Well he won his trebles, doubles and singles matches (I marked the best of three contest between him and Titch Tait who never got under 300 as The Flying Scotsman checked out in 14 and 15 darts respectively.)  We actually lost the tie 7-4 too!

Someone told me he`s as big as (14/1) but if his TV nerves get the better of him how about somebody like Steve Beaton, James Wade or Ted Hankey at a tasty (50/1)?  Might spend a tenner and do four different guys.  Always want Barny to win as well and he should be a double figure price and all.

I`ve had darts bets up last two nights myself.

Wednesday eveving had Scott Waites (an easy 5-0 winner over Wayne Mardle), Simon Whitlock (4-1 down to Hankey winning 5-4 with a 146 checkout!), Steve Beaton (4-2 behind against McDine and completing another 5-4 victory!) and Darin Young the American geezer a 5-3 winner when a break down to Denis Ovens, score 3-1 to "The Heat" at the time.  My £2 returned £17.52.

Thursday did four £1 correct winning margin predictions and after Phil Taylor was losing

4-3 to Llyod laughed my head off when "The Power" reeled off seven on the spin to give me a (6/1) 10-4 result! 

Only had 5p left in the account so did a 20 accumulator that returns 2.5k. 1 down only 19 to go. It lost :(.

Also did a £4 12 one which returns £150 I think but there all very odds on except Newcastle which has already gone through.

Victories for Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool and Colchester means means the 12 fold accumulator goes on. 5 down 7 to go.