Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Betting Thread

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the world coming to?  Lee has a treble up for the first time in ages.  Thanks to Accrington Stanley being postponed I collected a measly £19.82 for my last post!

Lee should never type in the third person. As a writer, he should know this  ;)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS last min Villa goal. Brilliant.

Good work Andrew!

2 x £2.50 Roll Up`s these next couple of days.  Liverpool (8/11), a bit dodgy I know, Newcastle United (1/2), and two of my dare I say it lucky teams Colchester United (4/5) and Accrington Stanley (Evs).

The other?  Hibernian (10/11), Dunfermline Athletic (10/11), Greenock Morton (5/4) and Forfar Athletic (5/6).

Hope everybody has a profitable weekend!

P.S.  Bobby Biscuit, when one comes to visit the Seymour universe you always have to abide by his rules!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest rocket debris

For some reason the odds on betfair were 1.5 for -3 and 1.64 for -2.5.

I'm not sure what the diff between asian handicap and regular handicap is but i took the -2.5.

I'm thinking 4-0 anyway.

17/10 = 2.70. People make a living laying to punters like you then investing a hedge to win both ways.

17/10 = 2.70. People make a living laying to punters like you then investing a hedge to win both ways.

'punters like me'

punters who bet small but are up £400 on the last 10 months? Really?

I was going to say thanks to bobby and mention i already went with betfair before his post but my point was actually to do with the difference between asian and regular handicaps.

Thanks for taking an interest though...

Guest rocket debris

'punters like me'

punters who bet small but are up £400 on the last 10 months? Really?

I was going to say thanks to bobby and mention i already went with betfair before his post but my point was actually to do with the difference between asian and regular handicaps.

Thanks for taking an interest though...

I was only trying to help. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of odds. I note that this subject was in the news yesterday so you are not alone.

I was only trying to help. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of odds. I note that this subject was in the news yesterday so you are not alone.

I have a lack of understanding of the difference between asian and regular handicapping. Not a misunderstanding of the difference between 17/10 for -3 goals and 1.64 for -2.5 goals.

And what you noted yesterday I'm willing to bet is that someone was talking about changing horse racing odds from fractional to decimal. A pointless effort based on the dubious assumption that odds are misunderstood.

Your misguided attempt to help is greatly appreciated. You are terrific!

Guest rocket debris

I have a lack of understanding of the difference between asian and regular handicapping. Not a misunderstanding of the difference between 17/10 for -3 goals and 1.64 for -2.5 goals.

And what you noted yesterday I'm willing to bet is that someone was talking about changing horse racing odds from fractional to decimal.

Your misguided attempt to help is greatly appreciated. You are terrific!

Please, don't make a cunt of yourself. I have you and bb to thank. Look at betfair now. I'm hauling in money laying at a fraction of what pp are giving. 17/10 - 2.70. You bought at 1.64. Your yield is 0.64 to 1. I'm punting at 1.70 to 1, with fools money. My return is more than 2.5 times what you're getting, and I have a no lose situation.

Here's another piece of advice. Use betrescue.com or similar odds checker before making dumb bets.

Guest rocket debris

Another bit of advice. Nobody uses betfair for the smaller stuff i.e. cuts made in golf, asians in fitba as these are pro bookies making money from the stupid. You'll remember that name. You put up a comprehensive definition earlier in the Foster thread. If you use advice no. 2 regarding an odds comparison guide, then you will never get caught like this again.

Nobody's biting at my even more generous odds. Must remember to pull it before paddy does.

Please, don't make a cunt of yourself. I have you and bb to thank. Look at betfair now. See the lays? I'm hauling in money laying at a fraction of what pp are giving. 17/10 - 2.70. You bought at 1.64. Your yield is 0.64 to 1. I'm punting at 1.70 to 1, with fools money. My return is more than 2.5 times what you're getting, and I have a no lose situation.

here's another piece of advice. Use betrescue.com or similar odds checker before making dumb bets.

Or when it is necessary, create your own formula to determine your bets and security bets, making the specific odds practically meaningless unless you're betting so often as to make the extra few pennies averaged per day actually significant to you.

I love the advice genuinely, however I bet with the people I have money in the account with. I don't have a paddy account. if as bobby's post led me to believe, their odds are often better than betfair then i'll inevitably set up an account. but as of now I haven't deposited my own money since the summer and haven't been looking to.

Bet comparison sites do make sense I'll grant you that, but genuinely if i'm going to win i'll win, if not, not. if not being obsessively greedy makes me a 'cunt' in your eyes then so be it. I have no idea who you are so forgive me if i find your opinion laughably irrelevant.

Your kind of posts are what this site has been lacking in comparrison with the junior dons messageboards.

Maverick - I would say that PP's football odds are generally better than most other bookies.  The reason I started using them is that one opened in Cambridge St in Glasgow, so I started going up there on my lunchbreak. Recently though their shop prices have started coming back towards other high st chains but their website seems to hold their odds a bit better. 

Guest rocket debris

Maverick - I would say that PP's football odds are generally better than most other bookies.  The reason I started using them is that one opened in Cambridge St in Glasgow, so I started going up there on my lunchbreak. Recently though their shop prices have started coming back towards other high st chains but their website seems to hold their odds a bit better.

PP are a competitive bookies online, as are skybet and bet365 in particular. However in my decade of online betting experience, nothing beats betfair for straight match odds. They won't ALWAYS be the best after you deduct their commission but consistently they are usually up there. That's why a betrescue or easyodds is essential.

I went into the Hills shop a couple of weeks ago and asked if they could match their online price for a match and was surprised that they couldn't. As you found with PP, there is a difference between their online and shop prices. I didn't know or expect that.

• 2 weeks later...