Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Betting Thread

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose gonna win Celeb Big Brother Friday night then?  I did Dane Bowers as an interest at £3.75 e/w (6/1) a 1/5 of the odds because I`d thought he`d go far (mostly women tune into the programme and they`d want to see him do well) but thought Vinnie looked the likely winner.  Should be safe enough to get my money back there eh??? 

Was tempted to stick a tenner on Mr Wimbledon (still might) but just get the feeling he`ll be pipped at the post especially as I now rate Nicol T. as the really serious darkhorse to both of the above.  These sort of show`s should make you great money but trying to read the rest of the country`s minds is like trying to predict the weather.  Should never start that conversation.  Watch this afterall I`ve said Alex Reid will walk away as champ LoL!!!   

Had a treble up last night of:

Blackburn Evs

Racing Santander 11/5

Deportivo 9/2

Waiting on Atletico tonight for a four fold.

The odds on Depor were way too high, Sevilla have are on a bad run of form as they lost a few players to the ACON.

May also be worth backing Depor on Saturday, Real Madrid haven't won at the Riazor for something like 15 years and will also be without Ronaldo who was sent off last week.

• 4 weeks later...

Before Wednesday's internationals, you could still get 40/1 for Gonzalo Higuain as top scorer at the World Cup, he's now down to 25's (generally).  Still a good each way bet I'd imagine now that Maradona has actually realised Higuain is Argentinian and brilliant.

David Villa still floating around the 9's and 10's mark, which is still fairly good value for a guy who is only 8 goals away from setting a national record in about 50 games less than Raul.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rocket debris

Put on one of those coupons where its split into sections and if you get 5 in the top section right you win so much and so on.

Ended up with £17 back but was 1 team away from 8 grand and 2 from 118 grand and 3 from a million

By my mathematics the difference between £17 and £8,000 is in the region of 470/1. What team were you backing at those odds and no wonder it didn't come in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 35 RED 3 EW BETS

UNAWATUNA 13/2 victor chandler guaranteed

DELORIAN 16/1 v c

DROP THE HAMMER 14/1 v c

may seem excessive at first glance but this race could/should be dominated by the horses drawn in the low numbers. Of the 16 races over 2 miles at the course, 15 of the races have been won by horses drawn 7 or less. If the general public were aware of this then the 3 bets would be a lot shorter in the betting. The horses above would appear to have conditions to suit and are well drawn. There are exactly 16 runners at the moment and anyone playing on betfair will get first 4 as the place terms, even if there are none runners. I have had 2 points ew @ 13/2 and 1 point ew on the other 2 with victor chandler.

3 25 YAR... PIPERS PIPING EW BET @ 17/2 guaranteed v c

negatives over most of the fancied runners. This one is another horse that is fit from the all weather and looks good value.

had several other races lined up at warwick including gentle guru in the 1 45 which was going to be my nap...so really miffed that that meeting has gone......will update later after reviewing the markets.

5 30 Wolves..Wibbadune 50 win @ 18 and 15 place @ 4.7

many negatives over most of field...the only negative for this is that it is not guaranteed to be fit on seasonal debut....however a chance worth taking at the price as this horse likes the poly track and sprinters tend need less training after a lay off than horses that run at longer trips..is well drawn and well handicapped.

6 00 Wolves..Ride a white swan..50 win @ 5.9..45 place @ 2.2

won over course and distance from the 12 box 2 runs ago which is a poor draw..unlucky in running last time or would have gone close to winning and is still on a good handicap mark.