Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Betting Thread

It's not like i'm losing serious money. I was half joking about the trying to pay off my debts bit. I just enjoy watching the races and putting a couple of quid on each race makes it more exciting. Even if I lost on every race.  :hammer: :hammer:

You're the one who said 20 quid was a big deal to you buddy!!

Either way, be cool and take as much of those bookie bastards as possible!  :thumbsup:

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the one who said 20 quid was a big deal to you buddy!!

Either way, be cool and take as much of those bookie bastards as possible!  :thumbsup:

My record is really shit so far. For the last couple of Derbys, grand national and world cup/euros I think I've lost a tenner on each expect 2.

My record is really shit so far. For the last couple of Derbys, grand national and world cup/euros I think I've lost a tenner on each expect 2.

The last major tournament was my poorest ever, only made about £150. There are easy ways to make money at these tournaments. Give me a shout before South Africa 2010  ;)  Unless you are seriously studying the horses, stay well away as Jager says.

The last major tournament was my poorest ever, only made about £150. There are easy ways to make money at these tournaments. Give me a shout before South Africa 2010  ;)  Unless you are seriously studying the horses, stay well away as Jager says.

If there is money to be had I may do the same....

• 5 weeks later...

So whose going to win Big Brother 10 if Halfwit doesn`t? I took Siavash at (10/1) to make the final three £2 e/w at the start of the show but would rather Dogface triumph now.  The (40/1) and (25/1) I saw qouted a few weeks back appear to have been lost prices because I`m convinced she`ll be in the top two after the way her confidence has grown since Kris left.  Rodrigo and her are a pretty funny duo at the minute. 

I don't touch Big Brother, but what you doing for this week's European ties? Some alright prices about, The Dons are evens and so are Celtic, not bad for two home teams, although obviously it being the first competitive matches for both teams may have something to do with it.

Bobby Biscuit,

I had a £4 treble up on the Wednesday night with FC Copenhagen (1/2), Olympiakos (5/6) and Debrecen (8/5) netting me a tidy £28.60. 

I also had 25p e/w on Charlie Mulgrew at (20/1) just because the lass who took the bet had a wee fancy for him, as well as a £1 e/w on Lee Miller at (6/1) and a 3-0 Dons scoreline at (12/1).

Picks for this week I ain`t sure yet.

My two trebles for the week are;  £2 Roll Up on Champions League, Panathinaikos (3/10), FC Copenhagen (11/8) and NK Maribor (6/4), then in the Europa League, £3 Roll Up on, Steaua Bucharest (10/11) (think they`re a smashing price might go daft on them singlely), Athletic Bilbao (13/10) and sadly Sigma Olomouc (4/7)

I think as a separate bet for Thursday I`m going to do a small stakes Lucky 15 on Roma (5/6), Fenerbache (10/11), PSV Eindhoven (4/5) and Club Bruges (8/11).   

bet big on low odds - only chance you have of making any money.

It's punters that bet low on big odds that make the bookies their cash.

Next time Andrew - stick £100 on a team at 1/5.

Obviously - only if you can afford it. Otherwise - stick to £1 or £2 'five aways' on the fitba and definitely avoid the horses!

p.s. hope it's nae yer big brother or he'll kick yer bawz when he finds oot ye spunked some of the cash you owe him on a horse!  ;D

I would tend to agree with that, if you're actually interested in making 'serious' money via gambling. I tend to go for like 20/1+ first scorer bets which (obviously) very rarely come in. Think I will stop doing that now, and maybe just stick on a couple of hundred a couple of times a month on something evens or less...

BobbyBiscuit,

I know I didn`t put them up in time but I had Arsenal (EVS), VFB Stuttgart (EVS), Olympiakos (4/5) and FC Zurich (6/5) in another small stakes Lucky 15....don`t know why I bother!

If Everton (1/3) and Hamburg (4/6) win tonight I have them as well as FC Copenhagen (4/7) and Atletico Madrid (17/10) in a second Lucky 15.

Understand I ain`t making a lot but hey it pays for the following week`s bet.

I might put on Villareal (5/6), Fenerbache (4/5), Basle (10/11) and Shakthar Donetsk (6/5) if I can get to the bookies in time.

I've got a fiver on:

Hamilton Vs ABERDEEN

DUNDEE vs ict

St Mirren vs UTD

Portsmouth vs ARSENAL

MAN CITY vs wolves

(not sure if I have all the away/home teams correct but can't be bothered to check)

Returns £90. I still have as felling my losing streak is going to continue.

Four for Thursday are as follows; Club Bruges (4/5), Ajax (10/11), Litex Lovech (10/11) and Heerenveen (10/11).

If you fancy a bit of a risk try Austria Vienna (6/5), Dinamo Zagreb (7/5), Lazio (5/4), Genoa (13/10), Athletic Bilbao (6/5), MSK Zilina (11/8) and Benfica (10/11) together.