Az Alkmaar - Az Alkmaar v Sheriff Tiraspol  @ 8/15 

Bayer Leverkusen - Bayer Leverkusen v Rosenborg  @ 4/9 

Dynamo Kiev - Dynamo Kiev v Bate Borisov  @ 8/13 

Juventus - Juventus v Lech Poznan  @ 2/7 

Liverpool - Liverpool v Steaua Bucharest  @ 2/5 

FC Porto - FC Porto v Rapid Vienna  @ 2/7 

VfB Stuttgart - VfB Stuttgart v Young Boys  @ 4/7 

Atlético Madrid - Aris Salonika v Atlético Madrid  @ 5/6 

£20 returns around £850. I think there is a good chance I just wasted 20 quid.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

stuck a few quid on, as have a bit of cash from Valencia and Man Utd both to win to nil last night.

Don't fancy too much tonight.

I've gone 4 points on Real Madrid to beat AC Milan @ 11/8.

Reckon there could be a bit of value tonight in the Basle-Roma game, 17/10 for the home side who did well in Rome two weeks ago.  Also Braga away to a very poor Partizan Belgrade side @2/1 with PP. Outside bets though, so if I put anything on it won't be much.

What are points?

Just a weighting system I'm using this season. At the start of the season I set the level which 1 point equals, and my betting throughout the season is based on this. So, I'm fairly confident of Real winning so I'm betting 4 points on it, however, if I were to take any of the other bets I mentioned, they'd maybe be 0.5, 1 or 2 points max. 

Trying it out to be more disciplined and it's certainly helping, I'm 18 points in profit for the season so far, and August-October is normally a time I don't do well. It's also encouraged me to bet on single matches more, although I do still have the occasional punt on a double or treble.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one gd, someone will get their arse felt for that no doubt.

Wee outside bet for today, Freiburg away to Hoffenheim @ 9/2.

Yep, I know at least 6 other people who pumped it as well. That's going to be my new thing every weekend there's a big fight. Might just research specials across other sports too.

Got Leverkusen away to St Pauli at 13/10 yesterday. So had a small coupon up too. Reinvested in a 5 teamer today - Real Madrid, Celtic, Chelsea, Benfica and Fluminense. Combined odds of 2.25/1 on Hills. Benfica and Fluminense are both top v bottom as well.

Nice one. I fancied Mallorca at the price they were but they tend to follow up a good result with a bad one!

They drew 0-0, Sevilla won and Sociedad lost. The only reason I picked Sociedad was because the Racing Post tipped them. Every time this season I've gone with one of their tips it's lost, and in some cases lost badly. That'll be the last time (my bet would have lost anyway, I appreciate).  We all get it wrong frequently, but these guys do it for a living!

They drew 0-0, Sevilla won and Sociedad lost. The only reason I picked Sociedad was because the Racing Post tipped them. Every time this season I've gone with one of their tips it's lost, and in some cases lost badly. That'll be the last time (my bet would have lost anyway, I appreciate).  We all get it wrong frequently, but these guys do it for a living!

Both coupons fucked then, can't really complain though.

Should Dave Haye not be getting investigated for match fixing?

Anybody that had money on him winning in the first two rounds had no chance, as he had money on himself to win in the 3rd so had no intention of knocking Harrison out in the first two rounds.  Sounds like match fixing to me.

Should Dave Haye not be getting investigated for match fixing?

Anybody that had money on him winning in the first two rounds had no chance, as he had money on himself to win in the 3rd so had no intention of knocking Harrison out in the first two rounds.  Sounds like match fixing to me.

I'd suggest Harrison should also be investigated. First of all for match fixing, and secondly for claiming he's a boxer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received what seemed a quite threatening email from Betfair today saying I had an account that was very close to becoming inactive (as they do when they get to thirteen months untouched) and that if this was to happen I'd be charged a fee.

Was pretty miffed as I didn't have an account. Was in the process of firing off an annoyed email but thought I'd better double check and low and behold I'd had an unused account that I'd obviously started as part of some deal somewhere and there was £10.00 there.

Being tight as fuck I tried to withdraw it but couldn't as my card used to activate the account had expired (and this was the free gift for joining).

Decided to stick it all on Everton away at Man City.

I'm happily £53.60 up.

Fuck you Betfair.

Had Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Porto.

Atletico were 11/10!

£66 back for £20. Decent.

Rolled it back on the Madrid game last night.

Wow.

Madrid -2 @ Evens

Booking first 15 @ 3/1

Ronaldo to score two or more @ 15/8

Ronaldo to score a hat trick @ 7/1

di Maria to score anytime @ 5/4 (fail, just)

Ozil to score anytime @5/4

Delighted, Merry Christmas!