Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Alan Gow to be released

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has turned down Burnley I would assume he is turning down decent money. Either he is getting better money at Rangers and wants to stick out for that or he wants to stay close to home. BB, did you not say he still lives with his parents.

Ā 

I can't remember who said it but I don't see why there is such a fuss over Gow.

If he has turned down Burnley I would assume he is turning down decent money. Either he is getting better money at Rangers and wants to stick out for that or he wants to stay close to home. BB, did you not say he still lives with his parents.

Ā 

I can't remember who said it but I don't see why there is such a fuss over Gow.

Ā 

Yeah, it was me, and he definitely did up until around Christmas at least. Probably still does, looks as though his mum does his hair for him in the morning.

I think it's unfair to say he's only had half a good season... Alan Gow is a player that many of us have been aware for a long time now.Ā 

Ā 

As with most players from the lower divisions suggested as potential signings... i remember things:

Ā 

"This boy Alan Gow, a winger at Airdrie United, has been getting some rave reviews... worth a look?"

Ā 

- "Fa's this... div youse nae remember whit happen under JK's reign, ya prick?Ā  What has this boy ever done anyway?"

Ā 

.... and so on, and so on as he progressed through the ranks only to be picked up, eventually, by Rangers.Ā  The lad is a good player and has been for longer than half a season, he would certainly improve the left hand side of our team.Ā  I'm 100% certain of that.

Ā 

Fair enough the signing policy under Pele was a disaster, but that more to do with the manager than anything else!Ā  I'm certain their are players in the lower divisions who'd improve our team.Ā  I'd rather see us go back down this route than signing any more Dutch Amateurs.

Gow turns down Burnley transferĀ 

Ā 

Gow made just two starts for Rangers last season

Rangers forward Alan Gow has turned down the chance to join Burnley as part of the deal which has seen Kyle Lafferty go in the other direction.

Ā 

Gow had talks at Turf Moor this week but his agent Phil McTaggart told BBC Lancashire he wants to stay at Ibrox.

Ā 

"Alan will report back for pre-season with Glasgow Rangers," said McTaggart. "It is just not right for the player."

Ā 

The 25-year-old has had limited chances in the first team since arriving at Ibrox from Falkirk in July 2007.

Ā 

This remains a fantastic deal for Burnley Football Club and we wish Kyle all the best in his future career

Ā 

Burnley manager Owen Coyle

Ā 

Burnley had originally given the player until Thursday to make his final decision.

Ā 

But a club statement revealed that they have ended their interest in the Scotland B international.

Ā 

Clarets boss Owen Coyle also paid tribute to Lafferty after his three-year stay at Burnley came to an end.

Ā 

"We will now concentrate on our other targets," said Coyle.

Ā 

"This remains a fantastic deal for Burnley Football Club and we wish Kyle all the best in his future career."

Ā 

Ā 

Fair play to Gow.Ā  Probably under a lot of pressure to leave but lets face it who the fuck would want to livei n burnley

Well he's not going to be able to stay in glasgow is he

Ā 

I think he's aluding to the fact that there are nice places in Yorkshire, that would mean he woudln't have to bide in the shitehole that is Burnley. But yeah I think its a shame we can't afford him. But oh well next...

ƂĀ£300,000?Ā  Come on Aberdeen, that is surely a sound investment.Ā  If a Championship club will pay that after he spent a season warming the Ibrox bench, surely he'd be worth at least double that if he performed well week in-week out for us?

Ā 

Give the huns 300k, get Gow signed up on a 3 year deal, sell him after the second season for 600k.Ā  Easy.

ƂĀ£300,000?Ā  Come on Aberdeen, that is surely a sound investment.Ā  If a Championship club will pay that after he spent a season warming the Ibrox bench, surely he'd be worth at least double that if he performed well week in-week out for us?

Ā 

Give the huns 300k, get Gow signed up on a 3 year deal, sell him after the second season for 600k.Ā  Easy.

Ā 

Why don't people ever consider wages when they're talking about these potential 'deals'? ;)

Alan Gow is no better a player than Jamie Smith or Barry Nicholson, certainly not as good as Severin was when we signed him, and we managed to pay their wages.Ā  You're right though, if Gow is tempted to Norwich by a few extra quid a week then good luck to him, there's not much we can do about that.

Ā 

My point was really about Aberdeen not even trying to sign the guy.

Alan Gow is no better a player than Jamie Smith or Barry Nicholson, certainly not as good as Severin was when we signed him, and we managed to pay their wages.Ā  You're right though, if Gow is tempted to Norwich by a few extra quid a week then good luck to him, there's not much we can do about that.

Ā 

My point was really about Aberdeen not even trying to sign the guy.

Ā 

I reckon Jamie Smith and Barry Nicholson were getting around about the same, if not less, than they're getting now.

Ā 

With Gow, I'm pretty sure that someone from AFC would've enquired, but the simple fact is the lad's going to be on ƂĀ£5k+ at the Huns, and he won't be willing to drop down a couple of grand a week to sign for us.Ā  He turned down Burnley because of the money, so what chance would we have had?

Ā 

I seriously doubt that JC didn't enquire though, he's made it public knowledge that he's a fan of Gow, so he MUST'VE at least made an enquiry.

Aberdeen would have to agree a fee with the selling club before they get the chance to talk money with the player.Ā  If we did enquire about Gow, we must have been scared off by the 300k price tag.Ā  Which is why we are all so frustrated.

Ā 

I'd be much less frustrated if we were reading about Gow knocking us back because we couldn't match his salary demands, at least we'd have tried.

Aberdeen would have to agree a fee with the selling club before they get the chance to talk money with the player.Ā  If we did enquire about Gow, we must have been scared off by the 300k price tag.Ā  Which is why we are all so frustrated.

Ā 

If everything was above board, then I totally agree with what you're saying, but it'd be pretty easy for JC to find out what Gow would be looking for without talking to Rangers first.Ā  Gow isn't wanting to drop his wages, as we've seen, so JC is looking elsewhere.Ā 

Ā 

Isn't Gow on something ridiculous like 12k a week at the Huns, or am I thinking of someone else?

JC - hello, is that Gow's agent?

cunt - aye, by the way, but.

JC - eh, how much wages is 'e lookin fur by the way?

cunt - ƂĀ£5000 a week minimum and at least 12 bottles o buckie fur eh wean, and a bag of skag fur the missus

JC - well I can manage the buckie and skag?

Ā 

Ā 

click

Ā 

:thumbsup:

I reckon Jamie Smith and Barry Nicholson were getting around about the same, if not less, than they're getting now.

Ā 

With Gow, I'm pretty sure that someone from AFC would've enquired, but the simple fact is the lad's going to be on ƂĀ£5k+ at the Huns, and he won't be willing to drop down a couple of grand a week to sign for us.Ā  He turned down Burnley because of the money, so what chance would we have had?

Ā 

I seriously doubt that JC didn't enquire though, he's made it public knowledge that he's a fan of Gow, so he MUST'VE at least made an enquiry.

Ā 

We did, along with United and Hibs. All three were told to do one by the huns.