Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Festivals

I agree, the weekend is what you make of it.  I go regardless of the line-up because I know I'll have a brilliant weekend with a load of mates who are only all together a few weekends of the year, with T being the main one.

In terms of the music, out of 120 bands over the whole weekend, there will be a few I'll want to see each day, as I'm not a 'music snob' like Fat Jim ;)  However, watching bands at T isn't really a 'gig' experience anyway, I go to plenty gigs throughout the year to see the band properly and appreciate 'the music man'.  At the end of the day, I know I'll have a great weekend and haven't had any hassle from all these big scary neds so far, so don't see why this year will be any different.

P.S. I'm not a ned Jay ya cock! :o;D

Well said this man. (Except this year me and my mates have turned a weekend at T into two week in Malia :thumbsup:)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, Budapest as Dave_min says. This is my 4th year out of the last 6. Fantastic festival, can't speak highly enough of it. The best bit, absolutely no neds whatsoever.

Probably better than the Exit line up, though that has a fair few hidden gems in it! Don't know how I'll last time 8am everyday, but needs be and all that :D Weather wasn't looking too good when I checked yesterday, I'm hoping that that isn't the case when I'm there!

haven't had any hassle from all these big scary neds so far, so don't see why this year will be any different.

Neds are pussies, they just want to be your pal (possibly due to the large amounts of e they are on).  As you say its not just about the music (this years line up is the worst I have ever been to) but for me its being with my mates and having a good laugh. Will keep an eye out for you again this year min, I think I will be getting a jagermeister flag this year for team jager.

5109_118086831857_522641857_3351131_2152918_n.jpg

Neds are pussies, they just want to be your pal (possibly due to the large amounts of e they are on).  As you say its not just about the music (this years line up is the worst I have ever been to) but for me its being with my mates and having a good laugh. Will keep an eye out for you again this year min, I think I will be getting a jagermeister flag this year for team jager.

5109_118086831857_522641857_3351131_2152918_n.jpg

Agreed. Line up is piss poor this year. At the moment thinking of ditching the Sunday as only about two acts I want to see that day. Previous two days are not much better.

When you heading off?

Drove past the T in the Park site today and wish I was going now. Been going since 2005 but decided against buying a ticket straight away last year. Was intending on going but maybe skipping the camping part but I chose to spend my money on other things. . Looking around at all the cars around me packed with tents etc. and seeing the people pitching their tents in the campsite, it just hit on me that I wasn't going this year! Will miss it this weekend as it's always one of the best weekends of the year.

I plan on going to a festival next year. Don't know if it will be T or if I'll try a different one. Folk always complain about the headliners of festivals but that's only 3 of the hundreds of bands who are on. I usually came back from T having found 5 or 6 bands I hadn't heard before that I liked.

Roskilde was good, blistering heat all week.  Yeah Yeah Yeahs were good, so was Whitest Boy Alive and Madness.  Couldn't really get into Royksopp at 2am, they'd have been better when the sun was shining with a cold beer.  White Lies are dog shite, whoever thought they were worth signing should be shot - indie-band-paint-by-numbers.  Pete Doherty seems to have got his act together although his Jacko tribute failed even after 3 restarts.  Spent most of the time in the dub tent.  Saw a cracking live band there but I'll be fucked if I can remember their name.

Had a day at T in the Park on Sunday.

What a shit hole, the place was a tip as soon as the arena opened - cronic shortage of bins.  My mate got hit with a pint of piss in the Slam tent.  ::)

Have to say, Rockness has T in the Park for facilities, cleanliness, choice of food and drink, toilets, atmosphere, location, Ned-count, value for money, in fact everything.  Even the line-up was better at Rockness (I prefer something more eclectic).

Blur were very, very good though.

Went to T on Saturday for the first time - Jane's Addiction & NIN were the highlight for me.  Luckily the masses were there to see the likes of Calvin Harris, Lady Gaga, The Killers etc so I managed to avoid the biggest crowds.

Agree with what someone said above, White Lies really are Indie by numbers - spent the whole time going through bands that they are trying to sound like - too many to mention.

Went to T on Saturday for the first time - Jane's Addiction & NIN were the highlight for me.  Luckily the masses were there to see the likes of Calvin Harris, Lady Gaga, The Killers etc so I managed to avoid the biggest crowds.

Agree with what someone said above, White Lies really are Indie by numbers - spent the whole time going through bands that they are trying to sound like - too many to mention.

It's basically just a smash hits/T4 festival. I don't think I would go even if I had a free ticket.

had a pretty good weekend at T.  Didn't see the mad mental neds everyone talks about. Saw some excellent music, beardyman, TV on the Radio (who were immense) and blur were highlights, edwin collins was surreal and the specials were a good laugh.

Didn't think the camping was too bad though glad i had a house in Kinross to go home to after.

I was only 5 rows from the front at The Saturdays  ;D ;D

Brilliant weekend. Probably going next year. Pendulum (im in the bbc highlights) Blur and Franz ferdinand were my top 3. Drenched on Saturday night as I was smart enough to sleep with my head at the tent door. Passed out on the bus home and again when I got home at 5 ish which was me out till 9 this morning. 3 days of shit just came flying through me today. Refused to go after the mound in one of the portaloos 5 mins after entering the campsite

Myself and TC went to Exit, and blimey, what a festival! I don't think I was bored for one second. 80p shots of Jager with hot bikini girls serving them to you. Can't complain at all. Prodigy were out of this world, though we all got a bit nervous when they told however many thousands to kneel down and jump up at the same time. Serbs are nutters! I would strongly recommend it to anyone, everyone was really friendly from me boarding my flight and throughout the festival, and there were so many happy memories. Carl Cox finishing at 8am on the last day was amazing. I shall definitely be going again sometime in the future.  :thumbsup:

Myself and TC went to Exit, and blimey, what a festival! I don't think I was bored for one second. 80p shots of Jager with hot bikini girls serving them to you. Can't complain at all. Prodigy were out of this world, though we all got a bit nervous when they told however many thousands to kneel down and jump up at the same time. Serbs are nutters! I would strongly recommend it to anyone, everyone was really friendly from me boarding my flight and throughout the festival, and there were so many happy memories. Carl Cox finishing at 8am on the last day was amazing. I shall definitely be going again sometime in the future.  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Serbs are mad. If you are feeling better today you'll get to meet another mad Serb.