Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Festivals

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to Exit this year. I finally got round to booking my flights to Budapest today, so gives me something to look forward to after this grueling final slog! Line up looks decent as well. Mainly just going to Kraftwerk, Prodigy and Moby. 3 acts I've always wanted to see!  :thumbsup:

Awesome!

Can I come too?  :-\

quite a decent line-up for Sziget, I'm quite gutted that its on at the same time as Exit, though some of the bigger acts are obviously the same.

Exit is a month earlier isn't it? Balaton Sound is around the same time as Exit.

Sadly no, booked to goto Hungary and Serbia only between the 8th-15th July becaus TC has a job and couldn't stay longer! I also think my liver would have taken a severe pounding if I was in Eastern Europe for longer than a week :D I still can't wait though.  ;D

Sadly no, booked to goto Hungary and Serbia only between the 8th-15th July becaus TC has a job and couldn't stay longer! I also think my liver would have taken a severe pounding if I was in Eastern Europe for longer than a week :D I still can't wait though.  ;D

Fuckin minky student  :wave:

Sorted out the accom yet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8089325.stm

Drug 'amnesty bins' for RockNess

Rock Ness (Pic: Paul Campbell)

About 30,000 fans attended last year's event

Festival-goers at RockNess 2009 have been warned not to take risks with drugs.

Tens of thousands are expected to attend the event on the shores of Loch Ness over this weekend.

Last year, an 18-year-old died at the event and police said anyone found to be dealing drugs would be dealt with "appropriately".

However, so-called "amnesty bins" will be provided to encourage people not to take drugs onto the site.

Det Insp John Patience insisted the police wanted people to stay safe.

He said: "We will be adopting a robust stance in relation to drug offences and any drugs misuse.

"We will also be deploying amnesty bins this year at the entrance to the sites so that anybody who does come and they have drugs in their possession - they can dispose of these drugs safely without any fear of any consequences.

"I have to reassure them there will be no repercussions."

'Think twice'

Suzy Calder, of the Highland Drug and Alcohol Action Team, said festival-goers should take all the usual precautions, such as drinking plenty of water, using protection against the sun, eating and sleeping well and not drinking and driving.

Where drugs are concerned, she said: "If you don't need to do it, don't do it.

"There is a heavy police presence that will be here on the day and we are looking to make sure that people are having a good and safe time.

"We are aware that last year we had a drug-related death and that's a real shame for the people who came and for the families as well.

"So if you can say no, say no and think twice about it.

"If for any reason you feel you can't say no, don't do it alone.

"Make sure you've got people around and if you feel unwell at any time, please get medical assistance."

I think I might go to Rockness now. Not to see any bands, but just for a bin-dipping session.

Seriously. The police are daft if they think these aren't getting robbed.