Skip to content

Festivals

As festival season is slowly creeping up on us, I thought I'd do my usual and tout my TITP tickets to the bidder mug with the most cash.  Thereafter I'll go online, book flights and take in a festival with better weather, women and beer.

 

Have done the obvious ones so far:

 

Benicassim (nr Valencia) - http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/line-up-2008/

 

Roskilde (nr Copenhagen) - http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/2008/frontpage/

 

Summercase (Barcelona/Madrid) - http://www.summercase.com/indexen.html

 

But prefer to keep on, keeping on and try something new, rather than hitting the same one every year.  Anyone been to any weird and wonderful others they'd recommend?

  • Replies 477
  • Views 186.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Featured Replies

2011lineup-3.gif

 

TITP announced too. Not that I'm going.

http://www.rockness.co.uk/line-up/

 

Anyone want a Rockness ticket?  What an abysmal line-up.  :(

 

its alright I thought.

its alright I thought.

 

Peaked in 2009, now trying to attract the TITP crowd, hence why perhaps you like the look of it.  No offence of course.

Peaked in 2009, now trying to attract the TITP crowd, hence why perhaps you like the look of it.  No offence of course.

 

:ooh: :ooh: :ooh:

Peaked in 2009, now trying to attract the TITP crowd

 

spot on kow, couldnt put in any better!  Didnt go 2010 as i decided to try and raise money for cancer research by watching every game of the world cup.  My pal came back and said it was now T in the parks neddy wee cousin. 

 

may try and blag a day ticket to see pulp and if weezer were on the same day that would be a bonus but the t line up is fucking stinking aside

He answered: "It's not about what you wear, it's about who you are. Listen, you can be a ned in a suit.

 

 

Jager  >:(

Peaked in 2009, now trying to attract the TITP crowd, hence why perhaps you like the look of it.  No offence of course.

 

Mon wheres yer response to this statement!  :hammer:

Mon wheres yer response to this statement!  :hammer:

 

What response?  I refuse to reply to my own post.  ???

What response?  I refuse to reply to my own post.  ???

 

I think what you see here is the drunken postings of a man facing up to the realisation that he's actually a ned...

This is the one I've been going to the past 5 or so years, in Florida. Not very well known bands but it's basically my dream line up every year, plus a lot of the bands we put on during the year play it so it's kind of like an annual meet up of pals.
  • 1 month later...

That's my Rockness ticket sold, the line-up is rank.

 

Does anybody know anything about a proposed city centre festival in Aberdeen this summer?  I don't think its a "Free on the Dee" type thing, but perhaps might attract some half decent names?

Deacon blue and texas to headline belladrum

 

have you taken the Dolorean back to 1993?  There's no dignity in that mate, despite the summer sun (sic).

Deacon blue and texas to headline belladrum

 

Can't wait to get my tickets come Wages Day.

Gonna try to keep it real, gone kidding myself that im going to try to make the moment last when texas are on.  you can say what you what you want though, sharleen would sttill get it but i heard she doesnt want a lover.  This has caused my pal fergus to sing the blues as he's fancied her for years

New Northern Lights music festival at Seaton Park (last weekend of July) is seemingly being launched on 18th April.

New Northern Lights music festival at Seaton Park (last weekend of July) is seemingly being launched on 18th April.

 

Is this the one that AUSR has been trying to put on since they launched  ???

Is this the one that AUSR has been trying to put on since they launched  ???

 

Who?

 

Who?

 

The%20Who1969.jpg

 

Headlining?

 

(Aberdeen University Student Radio)

I don't know who is organising it but...

 

Well, the cat is out of the proverbial bag... Northern Lights Music Festival is proud to announce that the following acts WILL be playing at Seaton Park on the 30 and 31 July 2011: Madness, Maximo Park, Kelis, The Waterboys, Noisettes, Idlewild, Paloma Faith, Tinchy Stryder, Edwyn Collins, The Futureheads, Mylo, Example, Audio Bullys, Sander Van Doorn, The Xcerts and much, much more.

 

Two days, three stages and more than 50 acts are set to rock the Granite City this summer. The festival will be officially launched on Monday 18 April at 9am when tickets go onsale. More on that later!

 

More here: http://www.facebook.com/northernlightsfestival

WOW!  :thumbsup:

Its a good attempt for a first ever festival, hopefully its a success.

I'll certainly go along.

 

I saw Madness at Glastonbury in 2009 and they were excellent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.