Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Festivals

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockness was superb, saw so many great bands.

Top 5 for me were Alabama 3, Orbital, The Aliens, Flaming Lips and Special Disco Version.

Japanese Popstars were a great bounce!

I met James Murphy (LCD Soundsystem) on the Sunday night.  What a great bloke!  :thumbsup:

At next week's Glastonbury Festival, the first ever eFestivals' Glastonbury World Cup will be played in front of the Pyramid Stage, between England and the Rest of the World teams.

The event begins at 3pm on Wednesday 24th June with live pre-match entertainment from Hobo Jones & the Junkyard Dogs with the World Cup match kicking off at 4pm.

Players, mainly members of the eFestivals forums, are coming together to be part of the England vs The Rest Of The World football match, which will be raising funds for WaterAid. Along with forum members, there will be players from WaterAid, and Q Magazine who will also be there to cover the event for the Q Glastonbury review magazine!

During the match there will be a squad of cheerleaders from the eFestivals' forums supporting the teams, whilst WaterAid staff will be there with buckets to collect donations from the spectators. There will also be face painters around before and during the game to paint everybody's faces with the fee going to WaterAid. During the half time period kids/adults in the crowd are invited to take some penalties against the goalies for a £1 donation.

After the game there will be a Presentation Ceremony with Festival organiser Michael Eavis presenting the trophy. Shortly afterwards there will be a raffle with items donated from Emily Eavis, eFestivals, WaterAid, and Aberdeen FC.

If this sounds like your sort of thing, please come along on the day to be part of the first World Cup in Glasto's history, support the players and give whatever you can to a very good cause, WaterAid.

Anyone know how we are linked to this?

Guest Makaveli

No idea, but one of the guys organising it is from Inverurie.

At one point I was down to play, but I can't be arsed.  Will pop along to watch though.

What were you going to play?