Skip to content

Festivals

As festival season is slowly creeping up on us, I thought I'd do my usual and tout my TITP tickets to the bidder mug with the most cash.  Thereafter I'll go online, book flights and take in a festival with better weather, women and beer.

 

Have done the obvious ones so far:

 

Benicassim (nr Valencia) - http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/line-up-2008/

 

Roskilde (nr Copenhagen) - http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/2008/frontpage/

 

Summercase (Barcelona/Madrid) - http://www.summercase.com/indexen.html

 

But prefer to keep on, keeping on and try something new, rather than hitting the same one every year.  Anyone been to any weird and wonderful others they'd recommend?

  • Replies 477
  • Views 186.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Featured Replies

Aye saw that Sharpie.

 

Quite impressed with the Glastonbury line-up.  I'm looking forward to seeing LCD Soundsystem, MGMT, Orbital, Hot Chip, The Flaming Lips amongst others.

Sounds good, The Lips always put on a good show. I went to see Oribtal in September but can't remember much about it though have good memories of their 'farewell' gig at Somerset House a few years back.

 

Music festivals and gigs are about the only thing I'm missing over here. There is a decent dance music festival in December and that's about it. I'll be a Faither of 2 months by then so priorities will be changing in any case.

  • 1 month later...

Wizard Festival line-up so far:

James, Happy Mondays, Alabama 3, Pearl & the Puppets, Peatbog Faeries, Complete Stone Roses

 

Gorillaz to replace U2 at Glastonbury.  Result!

Thats pretty fortunate for you Kow! I've said it a million times but i enjoy saying it, u2 are shit!

Gorillaz to replace U2 at Glastonbury.  Result!

 

Which will mean Damon has headlined Glasto 2 days in a row.

Which will mean Damon has headlined Glasto 2 days in a row.

 

Why, are Blur playing the Saturday night? :P

Need to get my festival fix but not a lot going on in this neck. Eyeing up this one in Borneo. Only £50 return flight from here.

 

http://rainforestmusicfestival.com/#_home

 

I wouldn't go to a festival if you paid me and put up a tent for me, bunch of leftie tree huggers pretending they're cool, pysh.

Stay out of the festival thread then.

  • 2 weeks later...

Leftfield at Rockness were fucking amazing!  :thumbsup:

 

2090fvl.jpg

 

nq7aqg.jpg

 

303fzvc.jpg

 

2epm5qs.jpg

 

deog1f.jpg

Photos look great Kow! Always wanted to see them live and to this day, Rhythm and Stealth is one of my favourite albums ever.

  • 2 weeks later...

Watching faithless on bbc 3 at the mo, i'm surprised they're not headlining one of the nights! Always been a huge fan of them.

Glastonbury was amazing but what a heat, far too hot for 5 nights in a campsite!  It was a real struggle.

LCD Soundsystem, Orbital and Gorillaz the highlights for me but saw heaps of very varied acts.

Glastonbury was amazing but what a heat, far too hot for 5 nights in a campsite!  It was a real struggle.

LCD Soundsystem, Orbital and Gorillaz the highlights for me but saw heaps of very varied acts.

 

LCD are playing at Exit, are they worth watching? Or a bit too chilled out? I've always wanted to see them, but I think they clash with someone I think would be a better festival act.

LCD are playing at Exit, are they worth watching? Or a bit too chilled out? I've always wanted to see them, but I think they clash with someone I think would be a better festival act.

 

They're not chilled out, they are a great bounce and extremely slick live.  Highly recommend going to see them, they are on great form!

Orbital and Faithless looked good on the telly.

 

looking forward to seeing Faithless followed by Muse on Friday night at T

  • Author

They're not chilled out, they are a great bounce and extremely slick live.  Highly recommend going to see them, they are on great form!

 

Seconded.

 

Seen them a few times and they're anything but chilled.

Orbital and Faithless looked good on the telly.

 

looking forward to seeing Faithless followed by Muse on Friday night at T

 

Muse are fucking horrific.

 

Faithless are amazing though, seen them several times over the years and what a bounce.

Muse are fucking horrific.

 

Faithless are amazing though, seen them several times over the years and what a bounce.

 

MUSE are as far away from horrific as it's possible to be.

they're down there with Springsteen in my book Dave.

MUSE are as far away from horrific as it's possible to be.

I ken horrific doesn't come close to describing the pish that band come out with.

Thats pretty fortunate for you Kow! I've said it a million times but i enjoy saying it, u2 are shit!

 

:thumbsup:

 

they proper suck the boaby!

Muse were not bad for a while but nowadays I just cant stand them, they really are abysmal

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.