Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Festivals

I'm thinking of taking a trip down to Green Man in Wales seeing as Connect/Indian Summer etc are not on this year.  Bon Iver, Animal Collective etc on the bill, looks a cracking location too, if a bit of a bastard to get to.  I usually go to T but I've had enough of it, the decision to take away the Pet Sounds Arena where I usually spend most of my time was the final straw.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye it was superb, I highly recommend it!

Was there pretty much for orbital... they were mint!

Thing is though... and i think this has been said else where.. Rockness is probably only another few years off becoming like T in the park..once the neds cotton on - its down hill from there.

How does Rockness compare to T in terms of the site/capacity etc.  One thing about T is it's probably just too big.  The arena and campsite are massive, but still absolutely mobbed all over.  Takes us about 25-30 mins to get from where we camp into the arena and even longer coming back because of the queues, which is a bit shit when you're blazing and cannae be arsed with it.

How does Rockness compare to T in terms of the site/capacity etc.  One thing about T is it's probably just too big.  The arena and campsite are massive, but still absolutely mobbed all over.  Takes us about 25-30 mins to get from where we camp into the arena and even longer coming back because of the queues, which is a bit shit when you're blazing and cannae be arsed with it.

One of the problems with T in the Park (apart from the high ned quotient) is that they keep on increasing the capacity without making the site any bigger.

One of the problems with T in the Park (apart from the high ned quotient) is that they keep on increasing the capacity without making the site any bigger.

Neds, neds, neds, blah blah blah! :hammer:  Wonder if there will ever be a thread anywhere on any messageboard about T, without someone mentioning 'neds'.

I think the site is at it's limit of how big they can make it.  Just the wank Geoff Ellis taking the money without considering the punters.

Nope. And you know why? Because T in the Park is full of fucking neds, that's why. K?

And?  What's the big deal even if it was, do they scare people so much?  In my 7 previous years, neither me or any of my mates have had absolutely no bother from any of these so called rampaging neds, raping and pillaging the whole site.  These comments mainly seem to come from folk who've never even been...

Was there pretty much for orbital... they were mint!

Thing is though... and i think this has been said else where.. Rockness is probably only another few years off becoming like T in the park..once the neds cotton on - its down hill from there.

Agree.  Its like TITP before it started selling out before the line-up was announced.  I'm still going until it turns into TITP.

Love the atmosphere, location, food, drink etc...

These comments mainly seem to come from folk who've never even been...

I have been plenty. I used to go every year but I stopped because it started to go downhill rapidly as a festival after about 2004.

The neds have always been there, but it used to be that there were so many positive things about it that you bearly noticed. More recently, they have become the predominant theme.

I have been plenty. I used to go every year but I stopped because it started to go downhill rapidly as a festival after about 2004.

The neds have always been there, but it used to be that there were so many positive things about it that you bearly noticed. More recently, they have become the predominant theme.

How would you know if you haven't been recently? Clearly making assumptions.

It was good when you decided to go based upon who was playing not just because it was T in the park.

Sheep#1 you never noticed because you're a ned.  ;D

Plus you can see on the tv that it's a ned fest.

Pittodrie is full of neds, doesn't stop me going.

Have genuinely had no bother from neds at T.

More recently, they have become the predominant theme.

How would you know if you haven't been recently? Clearly making assumptions.

More recently, as in '2004 is more recent than 1998'.

'Predominant' as in starting to overshadow the ever-decreasing quality of the entertainment provided.

'Clearly' as in 'FACT!'

:-*

poster-3.jpg

Since when did Lilly allen deserve more headline than primal scream, The Manics or the offspring?? :hammer:

Infact where exactly does she fit in with that line up?

Tis like 2000 when they decided All Saints and Macy Gray should play T in the park. That was about the time the organiser started declaring each year to be 'the best line up ever' and about the time they started selling tickets before they even announced the line up, ergo they stung ya for the cash before revealing that the stereophonics, Manics, Franz Ferdinand, and Travis would be playing AGAIN!!!

Im agree with Fat Jim.

Agreed, had a fairly grizzly experience there in the past. Was the polar opposite of a good festival.  :P

More recently, as in '2004 is more recent than 1998'.

'Predominant' as in starting to overshadow the ever-decreasing quality of the entertainment provided.

'Clearly' as in 'FACT!'

:-*

2004 being 6 years after 1998. 2009 being 5 years after 2004. So next year do you form a new opinion?

Not doubting the line up isn't as good as it has been in the past (seems to have gone downhill every year since I started going) but surely the quality of the weekend is defined by what you make of it and not by worrying about how many neds there are or which shite bands you decided to complain about while actually having no interest in or actually going to see?

2004 being 6 years after 1998. 2009 being 5 years after 2004. So next year do you form a new opinion?

Not doubting the line up isn't as good as it has been in the past (seems to have gone downhill every year since I started going) but surely the quality of the weekend is defined by what you make of it and not by worrying about how many neds there are or which shite bands you decided to complain about while actually having no interest in or actually going to see?

I agree, the weekend is what you make of it.  I go regardless of the line-up because I know I'll have a brilliant weekend with a load of mates who are only all together a few weekends of the year, with T being the main one.

In terms of the music, out of 120 bands over the whole weekend, there will be a few I'll want to see each day, as I'm not a 'music snob' like Fat Jim ;)  However, watching bands at T isn't really a 'gig' experience anyway, I go to plenty gigs throughout the year to see the band properly and appreciate 'the music man'.  At the end of the day, I know I'll have a great weekend and haven't had any hassle from all these big scary neds so far, so don't see why this year will be any different.

P.S. I'm not a ned Jay ya cock! :o;D