Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

A few injury problems...

"I am afraid we are down to the bare bones again. The long term ones are still out - Richie Byrne, Jamie Smith and Lee Mair, although Mair is improving. Zander Diamond is suspended and both Darren Mackie and Alan Maybury are out. So we are really down to the bones but that was the same earlier in the season when we met United at Pittodrie and we produced a wonderful performance so hopefully history repeats itself.

"I am not sure if Maybury has fractured or broken his ribs or if they are just bruised. If they are fractured or broken that will be him for the season I'm afraid. The lad has done great and hopefully Saturday was not his last appearance in an Aberdeen shirt. We will need to get talking to his agent and we will take it from there."

:hammer:

Come on, lets get do these minks!

:ultras:

"I am afraid we are down to the bare bones again. The long term ones are still out - Richie Byrne, Jamie Smith and Lee Mair, although Mair is improving. Zander Diamond is suspended and both Darren Mackie and Alan Maybury are out. So we are really down to the bones but that was the same earlier in the season when we met United at Pittodrie and we produced a wonderful performance so hopefully history repeats itself.

"I am not sure if Maybury has fractured or broken his ribs or if they are just bruised. If they are fractured or broken that will be him for the season I'm afraid. The lad has done great and hopefully Saturday was not his last appearance in an Aberdeen shirt. We will need to get talking to his agent and we will take it from there."

They haven't started that already? We always play better as the underdog, COME ON YOU REDS!

Really not like him to come out with something like that is it ;)

Does he never learn...... on second thought don't bother to answer that.

I'm not surprised he's come and shot us in the foot at all. Whatever happens happens now, fingers crossed!

Whilst i'm also very much unsurprised that we haven't started talks, we should have. I mean, how the hell can they come out with "wages maybe a stumbling block" when they haven't even spoken to them?!? Its either very clever or stupid, not sure which.

I'm not surprised he's come and shot us in the foot at all. Whatever happens happens now, fingers crossed!

Whilst i'm also very much unsurprised that we haven't started talks, we should have. I mean, how the hell can they come out with "wages maybe a stumbling block" when they haven't even spoken to them?!? Its either very clever or stupid, not sure which.

To not know now is stupid mate, and it isn't necessarily Calderwood's fault.

The higher power would be responsible for that.

To not know now is stupid mate, and it isn't necessarily Calderwood's fault.

The higher power would be responsible for that.

I wasn't having a go at JC at all, its unsurprising, but nevertheless very much frustrating that the club continue to operate like this. We have the chance of signing a decent replacement for Hart, and leave it to the last second as per usual. It doesn't even make good business sense, but thats a whole other kettle of fish.

The only reason I thought it may, and I use may very loosely, be clever was that, maybe they thought he'd read the press and possibly lower his wage demands? Naive I know, but I wouldn't put it past them.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the Higher Power doesn't know, just he seems keen not to share that info wi Calderwood.

Unusual for our club not to talk with other people eh! As I said, I don't actually blame JC for this, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Unusual for our club not to talk with other people eh! As I said, I don't actually blame JC for this, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

It may also be true that Calderwood doesn't feel the . . . ahem . . .  need to publicise these discussions . . . yeah, sounds fucking mental but you never know.  ;)

I’m still sulking from the semi so I can’t see past a United win.

Anyone know JC’s track record against Harry Potter?

From what I can recall, it’s not that great, which is a bit shit considering CL always sets his teams up the same.

Going by memory, the 2-0 victory this season was JC's first against him.

Going by memory, the 2-0 victory this season was JC's first against him.

2 home games against United since Levein became their manager.  2-4 defeat then this seasons 2-0 win. 

4 deafeats in 4 away from Pittodrie though.

I've got a fancy dress party on Stirling tomorow night, don't have enough time to pop back to my flat after getting back from the game, so I think i'm going to be forced to go to the game dressed as an Itallian Gangster.

Guest ally s

I honestly don't know what to expect for tomorrow's game.  United are not playing well just now and are certainly there for the taking.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Massive game tomorow.  If we win, it makes the Fir Park game absolutely crucial in the battle for third.  Given that Rangers can and probably will win the league by beating St Mirren on 20th May, a victory over them on the 22nd as they rest players for the Cup final will get us third place if we take care of Utd and Well.

Keep the faith!!!

I'm just not getting into this optimism i'm afraid.

Cant see us winning tomorrow and for what its worth think that Hibs will take something off rangers on sunday.

Im with you SS, Utd are pretty much better in every department imo and we will do well to take a point.  Also the huns are going to be knackered after extra time last night (still cant believe the huns are in the uefa cup final) and definitely fancy hibs to at least take a point.

I'm just not getting into this optimism i'm afraid.

Cant see us winning tomorrow and for what its worth think that Hibs will take something off rangers on sunday.

We can afford for Hibs to take something there as long as they don't win. The odd point here and there doesn't swing it but 3 points might. I'm not sure which way it will go but whether you want to be optimistic or not the game is still very important. While there is still hope, then let's....well....hope.  :thumbsup: