Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Good guys vs Them

9 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Yes. Here's the info. Really does hinge on deliberate or not.

Rules

thats not quite correct , i guess its interpretation the ifab states if player stops player from goalscoring oppty via an attempted to play the ball its a caution , anything else red card.. hes off no debate if you follow that to letter of law

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LA-Don said:

Is it not a red since he committed a foul in a goal scoring opportunity with no attempt to play the ball? Regardless of the fact he was actually jumping to avoid contact with Morelas altogether.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

32 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

Can anybody tell me how many penalties have been given to Rangers against us since Steven Gerrard became boss??  I'm sure it is in double figure!!

Not sure the total but they did mention Taviner has scored 9 penalties against Aberdeen and that was before he missed one today.

10 minutes ago, manc_don said:

So did we play well then prior to the sending off? 

Edmundson (useless piece of shite) has returned to leeds

Thought we started out okay but Tribute Act were getting on top before the red card. Tribute Act should have scored in first 30 seconds but Morelos made a tit of the gift from Taylor. Cosgrove then made a similar mess of a good chance not long after. 

12 hours ago, manc_don said:

So did we play well then prior to the sending off? 

Edmundson (useless piece of shite) has returned to leeds

We were holding our own. Brain fart by Taylor in the opening seconds was cancelled out by a good opportunity for Cosgrove who had more time than he thought. Wright had a lovely run into the box but picked out the wrong pass and Cosgrove had a solid run and slightly overhit pass that would have put Wright through. A simple tactical change in their midfield resulted in us totally losing our shape, which was frustrating. Main was asked to man mark Davis, which was fine, but then Davis began stepping up and aribo came central, resulting in Main tanking around about an inch from our defence and the rest of the midfield unsure whether to help him out. It was nearly ten minutes before the goal and we hadn't completely sorted it out by the penalty. Main had reverted to just marking whoever the holding player was, but we were still dicking about a little. I think if we'd have held onto the ball for a couple of minutes around that time, slowed it down, we'd have ridden it out. It was a spell in the game rather than them being completely dominant. Annoyingly, if Hedges had just left Morelos, I'd have had full confidence in Lewis to save any attempt. He's phenomenal in those types of one on one situations. We lost our discipline after that and 0-1 was probably a good scoreline at half time. 

Campbell did himself no harm too, he did alright. I think McRorie has been poor of late and I think Campbell should be giving him more of a challenge. Wouldn't be surprised to see them both shoehorned in against an on form Livingston.