Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons vs arabs

First game against the caravan dwellers at Pittordrie In a while , last time being the SC I 2018 when we won 4-2.

were the form team in the fixture as well as between the two, having only lost one of our six previous fixtures, whereas they’ve lost three of their last six.

last time round it was 0-0, and they’ve not really dropped too far down the league. Can see it being another tight game, given our issues with creativity.

i presume mccrories suspension is carried on given he didn’t play, or is it only for that fixture? 

out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, consi

7 hours ago, manc_don said:

First game against the caravan dwellers at Pittordrie In a while , last time being the SC I 2018 when we won 4-2.

were the form team in the fixture as well as between the two, having only lost one of our six previous fixtures, whereas they’ve lost three of their last six.

last time round it was 0-0, and they’ve not really dropped too far down the league. Can see it being another tight game, given our issues with creativity.

i presume mccrories suspension is carried on given he didn’t play, or is it only for that fixture? 

out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, consi

McCrorie was only suspended for the St Johnstone game and would have been back yesterday. 

We battered United the last game but couldn’t put the ball in the net due to a mixture of bad finishing and United keeper making some great saves. Not sure we will create as many chances this time around. McInnes hinted that Wright might be back for this but not sure he should be risked on a pitch that is likely to be brick hard. 

Oot

Flat

TV

Flat

1-0 Cosgrove pen.

A good half despite not scoring. Good intensity, working hard and creating. Main the missing link (literally) in the Watkins role, but he's putting in a shift nevertheless. McGinn movement excellent and Hedges doing well from deep. Considine and Hoban providing really good support coming from deep with McRorie just dropping in, but both should have done better with their opportunities. A bit reminiscent of the Tannadice game where we were extremely dominant but just missing that finishing touch up front (Watkins that day). Just keep at it and maybe take Cosgrove on for Main in a bit, but don't change the overall setup and intensity as it's working. Maybe Wright for Kennedy if he's fit, but again keep the setup as is because it's working.

Special mention to the ref who has let the game flow and not involved himself where it wasn't needed. Correct on both pen decisions and night and day from that Muir fucker from the other game who would have given 863 free kicks in that half.

11 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

neither good enough nor better

I agree. He just didn't need to make the sub though, Kennedy was doing okay. Wright and Cosgrove for Main and McGinn. Get Hedges into the attack alongside Wright and Cosgrove, and move Kennedy into right wing back so Hedges doesn't have to defend. If he thinks Kennedy is tired then bring on Logan, again in the defensive area. We just ran out of ideas, but Cosgrove is never ever going to win us a game playing alongside another big striker in a punting match. Give the boy a chance with our best fucking line up and stop hanging him out to dry or don't bother playing him at all. Since returning, I think he's played about 20 minutes with our best attacking team out, it's fucking ridiculous. Especially as he's clearly struggling with confidence, why make it even harder?

Awful second half. Seem incapable of pinning teams in and go back to joe instead. Throwing on main and cosgrove together is desperate and doesn’t work. Then to put on the totally ineffective ( every time he’s played ) edmondston just shows how tactically poor we are.

thats a manager saying I put on loads of attacking players without realising that they were set up in a mess and nulifying each other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I agree. He just didn't need to make the sub though, Kennedy was doing okay. Wright and Cosgrove for Main and McGinn. Get Hedges into the attack alongside Wright and Cosgrove, and move Kennedy into right wing back so Hedges doesn't have to defend. If he thinks Kennedy is tired then bring on Logan, again in the defensive area. We just ran out of ideas, but Cosgrove is never ever going to win us a game playing alongside another big striker in a punting match. Give the boy a chance with our best fucking line up and stop hanging him out to dry or don't bother playing him at all. Since returning, I think he's played about 20 minutes with our best attacking team out, it's fucking ridiculous. Especially as he's clearly struggling with confidence, why make it even harder?

Agree with all of this

7 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

cosgrove is regressing , might be due to what you are saying .. 

We desperately need to change the striking line up as none of them look good enough and all very similar in style. In the end there needed Joe to keep even 1 point. Too many draws against bottom 6 in an easy run of games. 

Thought Wright and McGinn were decent along with Hedges. Kennedy and Hayes are working hard but not producing enough quality into box.

Oh and the useless cunts burst my coupon.

The galling thing is that we have in years gone by taken care of the supposed lesser teams with regularity.

This season (well of late anyway) we have failed to do so. If we had then we'd comfortably be the 2012 club's closest league challengers.

Hugely frustrating guys