Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Huns 2.0 vs Dons mk1

BBC Sport now saying its all three unavailable

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55028971

Celtic then announced on Twitter that midfielder Turnbull returned a positive test, while Aberdeen have confirmed they will be without three squad members in total - Ross McCrorie, Lewis Ferguson and Connor McLennan - with two further players identified as close contacts.

1 hour ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

yip dm aint holding back

Where you reading/seeing that? Hopefully he's specific about the issue. We need to be really clear about what we're doing differently to the SFA and why those players would have been safe in our care and not the SFA's. The bland statement from the club is useless and completely without merit. We can't have it both ways, if it wasn't for guys like McKenna travelling with the Scotland squad, we'd never get the fee we did for him and the potential fee we might get for guys like Ferguson in the future. Be specific and open about what went wrong so that we can be sure it doesn't occur again. What would be the difference in arrangements for training for and travel to an away dons match versus a Scotland game? 

Not a great half like. We're all over the shop. This isn't the team to be playing against with your midfield missing, their movement is excellent. Hedges doing well, Cosgrove doing okay on the ball too (how the fuck their guy wasn't booked for bringing him down on the half way line when Hedges broke I've nae idea). Ojo and Leigh isn't a pairing that brings much joy. I'm assuming Campbell isn't 100% fit, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the second half.

2 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Not a great half like. We're all over the shop. This isn't the team to be playing against with your midfield missing, their movement is excellent. Hedges doing well, Cosgrove doing okay on the ball too (how the fuck their guy wasn't booked for bringing him down on the half way line when Hedges broke I've nae idea). Ojo and Leigh isn't a pairing that brings much joy. I'm assuming Campbell isn't 100% fit, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the second half.

I had assumed Campbell is not fully fit as surely if he was then Ojo doesn’t start. For two defensive midfielders I don’t think Leigh or Ojo are offering any protection to the back line. Hedges has been our best player as you say. 

41 minutes ago, redordead said:

Fuck sake. When will the defence get their shit together? What's the captain doing because he's organising fuck all and to be honest he hasn't turned up in a big game for a long time either.

Strange one. Of all the performances to criticise, I wouldn't have picked Lewis. A few great saves. Not sure which goal he was supposed to have stopped?

It's more that he stands behind watching them all chaser the same ball and be dragged around and never cracks up. He also commands nothing.

Wider point was that it's been a long time since he was outstanding in any game, never mind a big one.

Solid, yes, a winner, not really, a skipper?? Not for me

That was shambolic. Only positive is two massive deflections and a soft penalty. Why does such a despicable shower get so much good fortune?

Highlight for me was McCoist commending Tavernier on his “fantastic record” of 10 goals against us (9 of which were penalties). 

25 minutes ago, redordead said:

It's more that he stands behind watching them all chaser the same ball and be dragged around and never cracks up. He also commands nothing.

Wider point was that it's been a long time since he was outstanding in any game, never mind a big one.

Solid, yes, a winner, not really, a skipper?? Not for me

I disagree. He has at least one good one-on-one save in every big game, always comes for crosses and has excellent positioning. I don't think you necessarily need or want a goalkeeper screaming his arse off behind you, a defence that holds its line doesn't need that distraction. Overall I don't think goalies as Captains are really that useful, but he leads by example.