Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Huns 2.0 vs Dons mk1

ranabe.jpg

I'm not overly confident about this one. Annoyingly, they've been playing decent football and slippy G seems to know what he's doing (or someone else does). Not sure how I want us to line up for this either.  Concern would be that we start Cosgrove and they rile him up and he get's a red early doors.  Although maybe stybrox with no fans is a different prospect?  We've got players that could do some damage but we really need players in their best positions and confident.  The last game against Hibs should hopefully have ensured that and a few of the boys should be bouncing from the international period.  Is Kennedy back? I thought he was injured but seemed to have been included in the NI squad?

Out
Bed (hopefully)
Bed 
Bed
2-0 huns, no dons goalscorer

Normal fitba resumes, thank flock!

Pains me to say it but the cheating bastards are looking decent and we are going to have to be on top our game to get anything against them and I don't think an overly cautious approach will help us either.

I'm going for 2-1 us Wright and Hedges, with two outstanding goals from superb open play to tear their defence a new one!

3 hours ago, TheDeeDon said:

Pains me to say it but the cheating bastards are looking decent and we are going to have to be on top our game to get anything against them and I don't think an overly cautious approach will help us either.

I'm going for 2-1 us Wright and Hedges, with two outstanding goals from superb open play to tear their defence a new one!

Would love to have whatever you and Scotfree are having ?  Sounds ideal!

12 hours ago, TheDeeDon said:

I think McInnes will have learned from the season opener. We got nowhere close that day. We weren't cautious against the tims either, so I expect a similar performance against the Hun. I have some sympathy with him on the Ojo situation though, it's a real dilemma. What do you do to bolster that gap? The obvious solution would be to throw another player alongside him and Ferguson, but then the accusation will be that we're too defensive. Who would you choose anyway? With Hayes out, you'd expect Leigh to be out wide (which I'm not convinced by, especially up against tavernier), so could Kennedy do a job centrally? It's frustrating, as we really need our best eleven out to get something, and McRorie and Hayes are huge players for us. They bring so much to the balance of the team. I fear our only hope is to get scrappy and ugly and get some luck.

32 minutes ago, scotfree said:

Nope. I don't drink. Do you not think we can beat the Huns?

It hurts me to say this but Slippy G has got them firing on all cylinders.

Domestically they look pretty much untouchable.

Not only do I not think we'll beat them, I'd actually be surprised if we score against them on Sunday BUT I so so want to be proved wrong mate

No doubt this will a difficult game especially with injuries we have. The McGeouch injury is a nightmare as probably means Ojo playing which gives me the fear. If we can run at their two centre backs I am convinced we will get chances. Killie and Hibs got a few when they did. 

Oot - this really is starting to piss me off now.

park with bairn

TV

shopping

1-1 Cosgrove

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Hopefully this is McCrorie as if it’s Ferguson or McLennan I think I will cry.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-loanee-aberdeen-star-test-23044082

Sounds like it is McRorie. Probably a good thing to be honest, it would be extremely harsh to have to drop Ojo following his three goals tomorrow.

1 minute ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

disgrace from SFA... we will get absolutely horsed tomorrow

Perhaps a slight overstatement. It's a fairly transmittable virus. They'll be using much the same protocol as the dons, so it'll be down to luck, or bad luck. As far as we know it's only one Don at the minute, but I'm guessing there's a strong chance that they'll have been close together in the squad. A formidable midfield of Ojo and Leigh should see us take home the win.

33 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Perhaps a slight overstatement. It's a fairly transmittable virus. They'll be using much the same protocol as the dons, so it'll be down to luck, or bad luck. As far as we know it's only one Don at the minute, but I'm guessing there's a strong chance that they'll have been close together in the squad. A formidable midfield of Ojo and Leigh should see us take home the win.

maybe sfa will fine themselves for breaking own protocol.. and think mcinnes may have a similar view to mine

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Drinking early the day Rico?

• Like 1