Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SC - dons vs newco huns

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had it been at home I probably would have started Campbell. At their hovel my instincts say to leave him on the bench.....however it could be out of our hands if both McGinn and GMS are still unavailable. McLennan was rank rotten at the weekend and should be replaced by either one of the 2 previously mentioned. But if they ain't fit then yes I'd replace him with Campbell, pushing Ferguson further forward.

Ball facing Kent still gives me the fear but I accept it is what it is....if he gets a roasting I won't be landing all the blame on him as he isn't a natural right back which we all know. Having said that, he's probably been our most consistent performer in the past 3 or 4 matches so hoping he keeps it up.

Honestly think we had our chance at Pittodrie, sevco playing at home usually means they get a dodgy penalty or 4 given to them. If we are to win it, I have a feeling it will be in either extra time or penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Had it been at home I probably would have started Campbell. At their hovel my instincts say to leave him on the bench.....however it could be out of our hands if both McGinn and GMS are still unavailable. McLennan was rank rotten at the weekend and should be replaced by either one of the 2 previously mentioned. But if they ain't fit then yes I'd replace him with Campbell, pushing Ferguson further forward.

Ball facing Kent still gives me the fear but I accept it is what it is....if he gets a roasting I won't be landing all the blame on him as he isn't a natural right back which we all know. Having said that, he's probably been our most consistent performer in the past 3 or 4 matches so hoping he keeps it up.

Honestly think we had our chance at Pittodrie, sevco playing at home usually means they get a dodgy penalty or 4 given to them. If we are to win it, I have a feeling it will be in either extra time or penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Agree that I think we had our chance.

Never liked Ferguson playing further forward, it nullifies his game in my opinion. I would think that if Campbell plays it'd be flat 3 in the midfield in 4-5-1. I'd rather see a more attacking player in midfield if that's the case, as I think Wilson will need someone close to him. I'd have Wilson and Stewart central to see if they can link up. McLennan has been poor going forward, but he's vastly improved his tracking back so he's not entirely wasted out wide. I'd prefer McGinn or GMS obviously.

Also, any idea if the game will be shown on Red TV or anywhere else? Or are we to be dictated to by UEFA due to some horseshite tournament that all fitba fans must surely watch?

Pretty sure the UEFA rules cover Bigot and Red TV so unlikely to be any live coverage although I did see elsewhere that it was on the radio.

As for the game I would assume that it will be Wilson up front in place of Cosgrove and McGinn or GMS coming back in if fit. The rest as per Saturday. Thought Campbell was one of the positives from Saturday but suspect he will be on the bench again. No idea how this will go but as someone has already said a defeat for the Tribute Act could well see them imploding and the Scouse Wank departing.

In

Last minute dash from work to get minibus over to Snake Mountain

Away end

Minibus back to Capital

0-0 and going to penalties

Have another good feeling about this tonight. Our biggest problem will be up front without question. We can't aim punts up to Cosgrove, but no doubt we'll still lump balls forward! I think May will start, meaning whoever is in the 10 role, will be a very busy man tonight, they will have to get in and around the box as much as possible as well as no doubt have a man marking job, because May will be chasing balls into the channels.

We will soak up the early pressure, this is vital, if they get an early goal then I'd fancy them to add another 1 or 2, but if we soak up the pressure, we can grow into the game, much like Saturday there, and this time, take our chances.

Rangers 1 vs 2 Aberdeen ( Shinnie, Stewart )

youtube one keeps cutting out

Cheers, I got it. Wasn't great, but hopefully a bit better in the second.

We won't last another 45 minutes playing like this, we need a bit more of an out ball than Stevie May. McLennan not done much either.

Don't think we'll finish with 10 either. Clancy very card happy. Consistently so, to be fair, but they're throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity.