Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Good guys vs bad guys - wed 745pm

Got what we deserved allowing players to run at us from midfield and backing off. Logan has been a liability and McKenna barely looks a £700k player far less a £7million one.

Stewart's corners have been atrocious.

Long way back, get Logan off throw Wilson on and start running at their defence.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly thought Stewart was pretty poor, always slowed things down when sevco in the words of Cpl Jones " do not like it up 'em"

Shinnie very good drove us forward, Ferguson, Hoban and Cosgrove good everyone else poor. Can't afford to give sevco a 2 goal lead and expect to get anything out the game.

Not giving up on second place quite yet.....sevco really ain't very good and always seem to have an unexpected loss in them every 6 weeks or so.

Didn't watch the match but surely Cosgrove with two goals got pass marks???

I love Sam but he really was anonymous for over 93 minutes of that game. No, he wasn't a pass mark for me. Let's face it, there's a reason he's cheap as chips. He's a journeyman at best. Not enough about him. Will never progress above this level and if we ever get good enough to win titles, he won't be playing every week.

Thought Ferguson, Hoban, Cosgrove and Considine all decent. Logan and McKenna didn’t seem to know what they were doing.

Seemed to be 352  but not sure if we were trying to go man for man again.

If so huns had it sussed as Frog heed, Kent and Candieas were dropping off & switching roles.

Both first two goals certainly came from Logan chasing Kent accross our area to McKenna’s side, who seemed to be rigidly sicking to his position rather than closing own.

Madden didn’t help us by giving the huns fouls virtually anytime there was any contact in the huns final third. Essentially providing them with the momentum.

Felt Morelos should have been off for two yellows prior to his dive for the free kick which led to the pen.

3 times he sees the hoof from the hun CB’s looks at the defender and charges him.

1 fair enough

2 have a word

3 yellow.

Then when he goes down holding his head after backing in making no attempt to jump and finally Madden waves play on I thought, surely now. Next break in play ref is bringing it back to book him. NOPE.

Then he gets away with another dive, BEFORE the dive that led to the free kick.

Thought Worral?, looked to have come from behind McKenna after FK taken (McKenna in charge of holding the line felt the same) puts his hand up  Goldson fails to make decent contact and ball hits McKenna arm. Niave. But would expect better. I.e. make sure it’s gone then have a go at Lino.

Really disappointing to lose the game, naturally.

I think that 1st half was a bit bizarre, we seemed okay up top, and pretty erratic at the back. I understood why he played Lowe wide left, to combat Tavernier getting forward, as well as carry a threat himself.

Shinnie was absolutely immense, seriously good, he was good against Hibs too, but this was a level up performance wise, if we saw that every week, he'd have been away a window or two ago. Stewart started slowly but ended up having a very good game as well, just some of the final balls let one or two down tonight. Also, our set pieces were a bit of a miss, we're usually strong from them, but the crosses were poor tonight.

McGregor should have been sent off, disgusting cunt of a creature, Madden saw it as well. Can't believe some feel that McKenna's red was harsh, was a red all day long. He had a nightmare this evening.

Disappointed to concede 4 goals at home, and now we are obviously 5 points behind 2nd, but we clawed back a tremendous amount of points in December, we can do it again.

It's football. We won't all agree. It was the best game I've seen by Greg Stewart in a red shirt. It was McKenna's worst. Some are blaming McInnes tonight, I'm not, unusually as I think he's a clown (but with an exceptional ability to talk a good game and to appear like a competent manager). I would sack GMS right now, the majority would not. The only thing we can all agree on is that we are not good enough to win the league and even in this agreement, we would disagree on the reasons why. It's not fucking working and it's sickening to the stomach.

Oddly, I thought Cosgrove was one of our better players in the first half when most of the team was generally poor, but struggled in the second half when we were more of an attacking threat.

Shinnie and Stewart were excellent. After the red card, Considine played very well.

But Ferguson was below bar, sat off Rangers far too much in midfield. McKenna had a poor night, as did Logan. GMS is a funny one - shows loads of skill, was constantly getting on the ball, but his final product again wasn't good enough.

Worryingly, we're kinda back to not quite knowing what our best XI is.

Oddly, I thought Cosgrove was one of our better players in the first half when most of the team was generally poor, but struggled in the second half when we were more of an attacking threat.

Shinnie and Stewart were excellent. After the red card, Considine played very well.

But Ferguson was below bar, sat off Rangers far too much in midfield. McKenna had a poor night, as did Logan. GMS is a funny one - shows loads of skill, was constantly getting on the ball, but his final product again wasn't good enough.

Worryingly, we're kinda back to not quite knowing what our best XI is.

I'd agree with most of this like, especially regarding Cosgrove. Ferguson was poor, really didn't get involved enough and Shinnie carried him at times. GMS had that great run and shot at the beginning of the second, then reverted to type for the rest of the half. Agree with whoever said that Stewart held onto the ball too long. Reminded me of McGinn a year or so ago, missing some good opportunities to get the ball in the box which makes it difficult for the strikers to time their runs. I don't remember him getting a single good ball in tonight, despite looking really good in possession and working very hard.

We've played three games prior to this one against them and each they deserved to win but didn't. They didn't deserve the three points tonight - we were significantly better than them in the first half - so fair's fair. The dirty hun fucks. It was good to see us having a go though, we could easily have sat in like we did in the other 3 games.

McInnes interview was a bit fucking shite though. It was like listening to Calderwood. He needs to reign that shite in like. It's unusual for him, he's usually pretty clued up in his media chat and understanding how not to antagonise his own fans. 

First half formation did for us. None of defence knew what they were supposed to be doing. All over the shop at times. Why try a new formation like that in probably biggest game of the season. Better in second half when we change to 4-4-2 but had left ourselves to much to do. Annoying as they are not that good a side.

As an aside....having seen the McGregor challenge on Ferguson.....that was a leg breaker and should have resulted in a red card and penalty. If the compliance burd doesn't call this one in for a retrospective ban then we will know for sure that games a bogey and the SFA are in sevcos pocket.

As an aside....having seen the McGregor challenge on Ferguson.....that was a leg breaker and should have resulted in a red card and penalty. If the compliance burd doesn't call this one in for a retrospective ban then we will know for sure that games a bogey and the SFA are in sevcos pocket.

Too late for that TC, it has been blindingly obvious since the first game of the season. Look at the decisions this season so far, from Morelos, McGregor & Gerrard himself ( When he said that refs have been against Rangers for years ) all rescinded or no punishment forthcoming, yet Steve Clarke got fined ( I think ) for having a pop at refs after one of the most ludicrous reds you'll see ( Dicker ) which STILL went ahead despite clear video evidence to suggest it wasn't even a yellow, then the whole Devlin red card vs Killie and there are several more I can't mind of the top of my head involving various clubs, they have got off with everything they should not have gotten off with.

Anyway, I noticed we have now conceded 4 to both Celtic & Rangers in our most recent fixtures with them, did we adopt a similar formation against Celtic at Home in the 4-3 game? I genuinely cannot remember. I don't think either of them are that good in all honesty, and we've shipped 8 goals in the last 2 meetings, I think in the opening stages tonight we misplaced 2-3 passes under no pressure whatsoever ( Stewart at a throw in & then Logan a minute later ) I think the defenders were nervous tonight, as shown in their performances, Hoban aside, thought he was as good as he was vs Hibs, think it would be rather unfortunate if he was dropped all of a sudden, but then again, Devlin has looked absolutely solid when he's played too, tricky situation that. Hoban/McKenna, Devlin/McKenna or Hoban/Devlin?

Well I thought we were shit last night.

Logan was as bad as I have ever seen anyone play in a red jersey, woeful. GMS showed why he was found out at Celtic and I won't be shedding any tears if he fucks off to America. Shinnie has the heart of a lion and we will be a poorer team if he leaves. He never lets his head drop and is an excellent captain. Stewart was good for the most part, his corners were poor though

Morelos is a fucking idiot, McGregor is getting away with too many snide fouls, a cunt of a human being, but sums up the hun squad. I thought the referee was poor overall, but we were masters of our own downfall.

DM got our set up wrong last night IMO, but I think a 4-2 defeat was very harsh on us.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

A lot of pessimism on this thread but I think we were very, very unlucky not to get a draw last night. Yes, the defending was really poor but apart from that I thought we had much more of the game than either the first game of the season or the semi at Hampden, both of which we were absolutely abysmal. We hardly made it into their half in those two games so I think a lot of the negative views have been swayed by the result alone last night. Last night's match was much more of an even contest and we certainly had a proper go with only two defenders on the park at the end.

A dodgy penalty (the guy was clearly offside) meant we went in two goals down at half time which really killed the game. Fair play though, the team stuck at it and the heads never went down.

Best game I have seen from Shinnie in a red shirt.