Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

January window

Said it elsewhere but I think we should be trying to get Allan of Celtic.  What we lack is guile in the final third, he would provide that more than adequately and it would transform our team imo.  Since Christie and Maclean left we don't really have a central player who can comfortably take the ball with players around them let alone able to find a ball forward. Bar Cosgrove our striking options are all guys who want the ball into feet/on the deck into space whilst playing off the defenders shoulder.  Quite simply we don't have anyone to pick those kind of passes at the moment and that's why we ain't scoring much.  In fairness to Mcinnes I think that's why he signed forrester but himself and gleeson just don't look up to it and he has to take responsibility for that.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it elsewhere but I think we should be trying to get Allan of Celtic.  What we lack is guile in the final third, he would provide that more than adequately and it would transform our team imo.  Since Christie and Maclean left we don't really have a central player who can comfortably take the ball with players around them let alone able to find a ball forward. Bar Cosgrove our striking options are all guys who want the ball into feet/on the deck into space whilst playing off the defenders shoulder.  Quite simply we don't have anyone to pick those kind of passes at the moment and that's why we ain't scoring much.  In fairness to Mcinnes I think that's why he signed forrester but himself and gleeson just don't look up to it and he has to take responsibility for that.

Yup, I'd take Allan and McGeouch. I totally think we missed the boat on Stevie Mallan and need to snap up McGeouch, and likewise I think we missed the boat on Ryan Christie - I do think we could have gotten him if we really tried, financial risk I know, but he'd have been worth it. Both Mallan and Christie, in my eyes, represent our clubs ambition. We chose to go the Gleeson and Forrester route instead....

Yup, I'd take Allan and McGeouch. I totally think we missed the boat on Stevie Mallan and need to snap up McGeouch, and likewise I think we missed the boat on Ryan Christie - I do think we could have gotten him if we really tried, financial risk I know, but he'd have been worth it. Both Mallan and Christie, in my eyes, represent our clubs ambition. We chose to go the Gleeson and Forrester route instead....

The story goes that we had a deal agreed with Christie but when Celtic failed to get John McGinn they called the Christie deal off. Zero chance of getting him now that’s he’s doing well at the tims and signed a new deal.

The story goes that we had a deal agreed with Christie but when Celtic failed to get John McGinn they called the Christie deal off. Zero chance of getting him now that’s he’s doing well at the tims and signed a new deal.

Yep heard similar. That boat has well and truely sailed now so onto new targets.

I assume that that we have some  ;)

I would agree Mcgeoch would be worth pursuing if shinnie is off ski but at the moment I don't think we need another b2b midfield.  We need creativity which, fine player that he is, Mcgeoch would not bring.

I'm asking for McGeoch and Allan, replacing Ball and allowing those two plus Shinnie and Ferguson to rotate.....on the assumption Shinnie were to stay. Funded by the punting of Gleeson, Forrester, Ball, and Tansey.

I love your optimism but punt them to whom?  Ball you can just cancel the loan but the rest are under contract though I think Tansley only has 6 months left 2bf.

I can't see anyone prepared to take over forrester and gleesons contracts let alone buy them and it would cost a fair bit to release them.

I love your optimism but punt them to whom?  Ball you can just cancel the loan but the rest are under contract though I think Tansley only has 6 months left 2bf.

I can't see anyone prepared to take over forrester and gleesons contracts let alone buy them and it would cost a fair bit to release them.

I'd rather write that than funded by the sales of Shinnie, McKenna, and/or Lewis....

You cannot just cancel a loan whenever you feel like it.....there may be a break clause if the player suffers an injury but Ball is with us to the end of the season whether you like it or not. As is Hoban....

Tansey has 18 months left on his contract, as has Gleeson. Forrester has........oh ffs let's not go there :hammer:

A lot of posters on here (and other forums) when they don't fancy a player/players just say "punt so and so". Well it isn't quite as easy as that.

McGeouch will NOT be in an Aberdeen jersey this season. Get used to it

You cannot just cancel a loan whenever you feel like it.....there may be a break clause if the player suffers an injury but Ball is with us to the end of the season whether you like it or not. As is Hoban....

Tansey has 18 months left on his contract, as has Gleeson. Forrester has........oh ffs let's not go there :hammer:

A lot of posters on here (and other forums) when they don't fancy a player/players just say "punt so and so". Well it isn't quite as easy as that.

McGeouch will NOT be in an Aberdeen jersey this season. Get used to it

Geez, someone's pissy. I think you're a little misguided here. It's not just a lot of posters here, I think it's pretty clear Gleeson and Forrester don't have a future at the club and it's best for all parties that they move sooner rather than later. I'd assume the club would do the best they can to get them off the books ASAP. Given we were able to get fees for Rooney and Stockley, neither of whom had played that much at that time and weren't on form, why wouldn't Forrester and Gleeson be sold? Both have a decent CV and their move here just didn't work out. As for Tansey, he's most likely being given another chance based on the aforementioned two being shite, but I'm sure someone would pay something for him and he was an out of contract signing so something's better than nothing.

A transfer window is coming up and this is a social media. Doesn't it seem appropriate that we discuss potential transfers? Aren't we allowed to speculate?

I'd absolutely love to punt the players in question. However I also live in the real world. Players have contracts and won't move on unless they are getting at least an equivalent deal elsewhere.

But do you really think ANY clubs will be interested in the Gleeson/Tansey/Forrester triumvirate? Of the 3 I think Tansey might be the easiest to get rid of despite him being unable to get a spot on our bench. Ross County were reportedly interested in August but his wages put them off. Of the 3 he will be the least paid by us...I'd guess around the £2-3k/week mark. I have no doubt the club would be happy to subsidise 50% of that for the 18 months he has left to get him out the door.

The other 2 are a far different kettle of fish though. Both will be in our top 6 earners as the clubs where they came from both pay more than us in general. Gleeson has some talent but is slow and overweight. I really only thin he joined us because A) He had no other offers and B) He thought he'd piss it in a diddy league. I can see no prospect of any club in any league wanting him. So fully expect him to be with us until his contract runs out. He will get some game time but generally will be a bench warmer.

Forrester.....where do I begin? Peterborough will be ending themselves that they got us to shell out £200k for him. Reports of a League of Ireland club being "interested" but only Dundalk or Cork City could get close to even paying half of what we are.....and he's got 3 and a half years left on his contract. I guess we would accept writing off his transfer fee and paying £2k/week to get him out but I doubt the Irish clubs would be willing to pay the balance of his wages so to get him out the player himself I think would have to accept a cut in his wages. With what happened recently re his sister it's possible he might be willing to do that but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ball has a loan agreement till the end of the season.....it will not be getting cut short.

And I repeat.....McGeouch will not be coming in on loan in January

Have a feeling we'll be looking for a Left Back, Derby Telegraph reporting that Derby have 1 Fit LB available.

Scott Malone is currently the Rams' only fit recognised senior left-back available, with Craig Forsyth set to miss the rest of the season with a serious knee injury and Marcus Olsson still recovering from his own long-term lay-off.

I can't see them buying another when they have a perfectly capable one available to recall in just 3 weeks  :frown:

Whilst I agree TC, I think it's common knowledge now that Shinnie is a central midfielder, don't necessarily agree with it, but that's where he is now. If Hoban is back and fit, and Devlin as well, then I doubt we'll dip into the market for another LB after all. Considine will revert back to there and Hoban is capable of playing there also. Think Lowe will be a massive loss though, and I don't say that lightly.

Increasingly think that Lowe will not be with us after January, so thought turn to who could potentially replace him.

wE all love to play laptop manager, so who does everyone think could replace him ?

Think in Jan window a permanaent signing is unlikely so looks like it would need to be another loan signing.

Let me start it off, with suggesting Tony Gallacher from Liverpool.

Young Scottish left back previously played for Falkirk.

Unlikely to get even a sniff of first team action with Andy Robertson having made that position his own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gallacher