Author Topic: Crazy American Politics  (Read 40698 times)

Offline hebrew

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 40
Re: Crazy American Politics
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 10:40:16 PM »
Only in America could people proudly proclaim that they are tea-baggers

;D

Offline Superstar Tradesman

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 15
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
Bit rich all this Yank politics bashing considering we're being run by 2 fuckers nobody wants or really truly understands how they are supposed to work together.

Meanwhile the country they supposedly run is in a panic over non-existant fuel shortages and pie tax inflation.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 114
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 10:38:18 AM »
No offence mbt, but is your wifes mum a retard ??? The republicans are a bunch of cunts and folk like that shouldn't be allowed the oxygen to spout their pish. Truly scary stuff.

Fucking sums it up for me. Absolutely mental these Republicans. Fucking backwards as fuck. I'd almost rather have Sarah Palin in there. And that's a fucking terrifying thought an' a'.

Offline glasgow sheep

• fucking booooo
  • Club Legend
  • Rating: 36
    • Home of the Glasgow Reds
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 10:44:30 AM »
Rick Santorum has quit so looks like it will be Mit v Obama

Offline Dandy_Don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 1050
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »

Fucking sums it up for me. Absolutely mental these Republicans. Fucking backwards as fuck. I'd almost rather have Sarah Palin in there. And that's a fucking terrifying thought an' a'.

She's a Republican...  ???

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »
Aye I ken.. but I said that to try and emphasise how much of a tit/mentalist Romney is even compared to Palin.

Offline Dandy_Don

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »
Aye I ken.. but I said that to try and emphasise how much of a tit/mentalist Romney is even compared to Palin.

Even though Romney is nowhere near as right-wing as Palin?

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 41
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »
Yup, but he might just be electable (= dangerous) she certainly isn't
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -13
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »
So, not long until the election.  Bit worried to see Romney doing well in some polls but there was some interesting stuff in a BBC World Service poll today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20008687

An average of 50% favoured Mr Obama, with 9% for Mr Romney, in the survey of 21,797 people in 21 countries.

Only Pakistan's respondents said they would prefer to see Mr Romney win November's election.

France was the most strongly pro-Obama (72%).

Good luck to Pakistan if that's what they want!

Offline Dandy_Don

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 05:41:48 PM »
Yup, but he might just be electable (= dangerous) she certainly isn't

Electing the Chicago Mafia for the next 4 years to carry out the same shit policies and miserable 'leadership' = dangerous...

Offline glasgow sheep

• fucking booooo
  • Club Legend
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
Electing the Chicago Mafia for the next 4 years to carry out the same shit policies and miserable 'leadership' = dangerous...

What you want Mitt in?  :o

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -13
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 06:02:59 PM »

That's what I was thinking  :o

Admittedly Obama hasn't had a spectacular 4 years but the American economy was on its arse before he came to Washington.

Offline glasgow sheep

• fucking booooo
  • Club Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 06:09:45 PM »
That's what I was thinking  :o

Admittedly Obama hasn't had a spectacular 4 years but the American economy was on its arse before he came to Washington.

Although Mitt (get a proper fucking name) would be bad news for most of the world he would be fucking terrible news for Americans.  Seems intent in driving the social agenda back to the 1950s while making our own Tory govt look like a bunch of loveable WI wifies.

Offline Dandy_Don

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »

To be honest, yes I do.

Not saying he is the answer to all the problems, and Obama has done some really good things. But ultimately on the economy Obama has failed miserably.

Agree it was on it's arse before he came in, but that was 4 years ago and it hasn't really improved. Obama promised to get it down to 5.4% unemployment and currently it's sitting right around 8% - that's 23 million unemployed and 47 million people on food stamps. His solution is to raise taxes which clearly hasn't worked and, perhaps in my simple view of the world, doesn't seem likely to increase growth. Watching the debates, Obama did not come with new policies to help the economy except 'we need to hire more teachers' - his policies of the last 4 years have not helped me, my family or many of my friends and I am unconvinced they will do so in the next 4. Obama also came across as petulant and un-presidential whereas Romney seemed calm and in control.

I'd argue Romney is less right wing than many in the Republican party, and he seemed to have a very similar agenda to the President on foreign policy (maybe less right than me). I'm quite socially liberal so I accept I will have to agree to disagree with Romney on some things but it's very rare to agree with someone on every thing especially in politics.

OK putting my hard hat on...  ;) ;) ;)

Offline dave_min

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 16
  • Look me up on wikipedia y'know
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »
Vote Obama.

:thumbsup:

That has just gave him another Signature line

NMMG

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 41
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »
Problem is it wouldn't BE romney running the country, it'd be the most insane right-wing-tea-party policy committee telling him what to do along with some really Kenny-Everett-esque "Bomb the Bastards" foreign policy.

You want near-world-war-3-nuclear-armageddon-poker-playing-foreign policy? Vote Romney. He still thinks American "influence" should be broader, deeper and, no doubt, more insidious world-wide. He thinks the Russians are still the problem FFS and said so in the last debate.

(And Ryan is even worse!)
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline Dandy_Don

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 10:17:57 PM »
Problem is it wouldn't BE romney running the country, it'd be the most insane right-wing-tea-party policy committee telling him what to do along with some really Kenny-Everett-esque "Bomb the Bastards" foreign policy.

You want near-world-war-3-nuclear-armageddon-poker-playing-foreign policy? Vote Romney. He still thinks American "influence" should be broader, deeper and, no doubt, more insidious world-wide. He thinks the Russians are still the problem FFS and said so in the last debate.

(And Ryan is even worse!)

Not sure which debate you were watching - he said Russia was a 'geo-political' threat (which they are) but quite clearly stated that Iran is the greatest National Security threat to America at this present time. And personally, I would prefer American 'influence' to Russian or Chinese influence. Ultimately, a strong and prosperous America is likely to be better for my family and ultimately the wider civilized world.

I'm not a crazed, right-wing, bomb the bastards Republican - that doesn't mean that I think America should be apologizing and weakening itself. Better the devil you know...

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 09:00:31 AM »
Not sure which debate you were watching - he said Russia was a 'geo-political' threat (which they are) but quite clearly stated that Iran is the greatest National Security threat to America at this present time. And personally, I would prefer American 'influence' to Russian or Chinese influence. Ultimately, a strong and prosperous America is likely to be better for my family and ultimately the wider civilized world.

I'm not a crazed, right-wing, bomb the bastards Republican - that doesn't mean that I think America should be apologizing and weakening itself. Better the devil you know...

So you're saying we shouldn't bomb ra lot o' them?

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 49
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 09:31:43 AM »
Romney is a fucking Mormon, if you understand anything about how retarded you have to be to follow the scripture of Joseph Smith then it's pretty clear that you don't want one getting into the white house.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 09:36:53 AM »
Romney is a fucking Mormon, if you understand anything about how retarded you have to be to follow the scripture of Joseph Smith then it's pretty clear that you don't want one getting into the white house.

You'd have to really hate blacks to want this guy in charge. ;)